Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2017, 23:59   #31
BHPian
 
Shashankjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 78
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Nice Amey, looking at the trips you bikers make, I am very tempted to get a bike to join you guys and remember my biking days 10 years back. But my family compulsions don't allow that now. I have set a target that I will buy a bike in next 2 years. Hopefully the Indian bike scene will be more advanced and matured by then. I will of course look forward to tbhp for guidance on which bike to buy. After all it's unparalleled and most trustworthy source of information for making such decisions! Cheer and safe riding!
Shashankjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 10:18   #32
BHPian
 
Amey Kulkarni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 160
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: Trip to malshej ghat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashankjk View Post
Nice Amey, looking at the trips you bikers make, I am very tempted to get a bike to join you guys and remember my biking days 10 years back. But my family compulsions don't allow that now. I have set a target that I will buy a bike in next 2 years. Hopefully the Indian bike scene will be more advanced and matured by then. I will of course look forward to tbhp for guidance on which bike to buy. After all it's unparalleled and most trustworthy source of information for making such decisions! Cheer and safe riding!
Thanks Shashankjk. Nice to hear that you feel inspired by our posts and rides. As we say in the biking community, it's now or never for the same reason that we get married; have children and then life and priority changes completely. However, we do not notice that our age is also flowing away with time and loose the peak opportunity.

I would suggest to think of buying a bike immediately for the same reason and not loose further time unless you have major things lined up.

All the best!

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2017, 11:27   #33
BHPian
 
SoumenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: B'lore
Posts: 264
Thanked: 335 Times
Default Re: Trip to malshej ghat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
TBHPians and our biker buddies went to Malshej yesterday.

All in all a great long ride to wrapup the long weekend!

Ah Malshej!!! What memories, thanks for the pics. This used to be a compulsory destination during monsoons for us back then(2007-09) while in Pune. Lovely place

Here's one from monsoon 2008.

Name:  181640_183811011654177_6688437_n.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  235.6 KB

Last edited by SoumenD : 14th March 2017 at 11:33.
SoumenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 20:56   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 1,062
Thanked: 682 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Trip to malshej ghat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
TBHPians and our biker buddies went to Malshej yesterday.

Monaro CV 8 (ST3), Siddy (white Duke 390), Amey Kulkarni (Ninja), Dr Tarun (Biker buddy, Z800), Tushar (Biker buddy, Black Duke 390), Prateek (Black Duke 390)

Route - Chandni Chowk, Pune > Nashik Phata > Alephata > Malshej > Khopoli > Chandni Chowk, Pune
Hi Amey,
Is this route that you had taken? I am planning to go next month by car. How are the roads. I normally used to take the Narayangaon-Junnar route which though is scenic has bad roads. Am planning to start by 1:00 in the afternoon. Please advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Trip to Malshej Ghat-malshej-route.jpg  


Last edited by rakesh_r : 7th June 2017 at 20:57.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 10:26   #35
BHPian
 
Amey Kulkarni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 160
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: Trip to malshej ghat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Hi Amey,
Is this route that you had taken? I am planning to go next month by car. How are the roads. I normally used to take the Narayangaon-Junnar route which though is scenic has bad roads. Am planning to start by 1:00 in the afternoon. Please advice.
Bang On! This was the one!

The roads when we went were great. The Nashik highway is a little crowded till you reach Alephata due to construction of four lane roads in between patches.

Alephata to MTDC Malshej or even after Malshej ghat is great with the newly liad tarmac; just a few cracks at the peak point of the ghat.

Just beware of the landslides that happen at Malshej ghat in Monsoons.

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 10:41   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 423
Thanked: 414 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Trip to malshej ghat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I am planning to go next month by car. Please advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Alephata to MTDC Malshej or even after Malshej ghat is great with the newly liad tarmac; just a few cracks at the peak point of the ghat.
Just beware of the landslides that happen at Malshej ghat in Monsoons.
Beware of drunkards too. Drunk people doing antics under a road side waterfall or trying to cross the road are a genuine hazard.
Keep your headlights ON and honk at every blind turn.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 15:50   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 1,062
Thanked: 682 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Trip to malshej ghat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Bang On! This was the one!

The roads when we went were great. The Nashik highway is a little crowded till you reach Alephata due to construction of four lane roads in between patches.

Alephata to MTDC Malshej or even after Malshej ghat is great with the newly liad tarmac; just a few cracks at the peak point of the ghat.

Just beware of the landslides that happen at Malshej ghat in Monsoons.

Cheers,
Amey
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Beware of drunkards too. Drunk people doing antics under a road side waterfall or trying to cross the road are a genuine hazard.
Keep your headlights ON and honk at every blind turn.
Many thanks for the suggestion guys . I normally steer clear of the waterfall unless and until it's safe.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 13:14   #38
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 714
Thanked: 409 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Trip to Malshej Ghat

In order to reach Malshej Ghat, I see that there are two options from Pune. Excluding the common part, the options are as follows:-

Narayangaon - Junnar - Karanjale - Malshej Ghat (approx 45 kms)
Narayangaon - Alephata - Otur - Loni Dhamani - Karanjale - Malshej Ghat. (approx 65 kms)

Recently I had been to Bhandardara and am aware of the road condition till Otur.

As I am still a novice with cars, please advise which one will be the best option amongst the two (or if a third option is there).

Also if someone has visited recently, please share the drive conditions and terrain details. Heard that there is much of hooliganism and uncultured parking on the weekends. Is it the case? Can someone please confirm?

Regards,
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 15:40   #39
BHPian
 
Sabareesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ambarnath
Posts: 329
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Trip to Malshej Ghat

Has anyone been to Malshej ghat off late ? How is the road condition ? I plan to visit bhimashankar this weekend via Malshej. Any information on road condition will be a great help.
Sabareesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 16:05   #40
BHPian
 
Dodge_Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vashi
Posts: 478
Thanked: 454 Times
Default Re: Trip to Malshej Ghat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Has anyone been to Malshej ghat off late ? How is the road condition ? I plan to visit bhimashankar this weekend via Malshej. Any information on road condition will be a great help.
Road condition is good post Murbad as usual (beware of the sudden speed breaker after Naneghat). The ghat section is rough as always. Post ghat, road is good.
Dodge_Viper is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Weekend at Malshej ghat udaydesai Travelogues 21 14th June 2017 12:58
Monsoon Drive - Malshej Ghat! swapszone The Team-BHP Meet Section 13 20th July 2013 23:18
Day trip to Malshej Ghat interest Travelogues 0 21st August 2011 23:04
Monsoon masti: Malshej ghat, Jivdhan fort and Naneghat. ASHISHPALLOD Travelogues 52 4th August 2009 15:34
Trip to Malshej Ghat (Pics) anilkalvani Travelogues 11 7th July 2008 09:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks