Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 22nd August 2008, 00:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Believe me! You never want to visit Horsley Hills. Bad place, bad service, bad food. . .
It isn't that 'bad'. The right company can make all the difference. Atleast, the weather is cool, for a start!.
nickatnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2008, 11:25   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Believe me! You never want to visit Horsley Hills. Bad place, bad service, bad food. . .
I dont know when you went last, but when were there for the Madras Bulls anniversary, the service was excellent, the rooms were in superb shape.

Some friends who visited the place after that said it was further renovated and had also become slightly more expensive.

there isnt much to do in Horsley Hills, except chill.

@Nick: Superb snaps, keep 'em coming.
the_trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 00:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
I dont know when you went last, but when were there for the Madras Bulls anniversary, the service was excellent, the rooms were in superb shape.

Some friends who visited the place after that said it was further renovated and had also become slightly more expensive.

there isnt much to do in Horsley Hills, except chill.

@Nick: Superb snaps, keep 'em coming.
The room rate starts at Rs.1000 which i thought was steep. My friends who have been there before said that they saw an improvement in Horseley Hills. I liked the place. Thanks!.
Old 25th August 2008, 00:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Part VI of this travelog sees us driving through the Red Hills area bordering AP and TN. At first, i was going 'why?', but after driving through i was bowled over. So much serenity quite close to Chennai and i shouldn't be publicizing it , really!. Let's keep it that way, shall we?.
Attached Thumbnails
A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-084.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-085.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-086.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-088.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-089.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-090.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-091.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-092.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-093.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-094.jpg  

Old 26th August 2008, 14:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Part VII of this road trip concludes our drive through the beautiful, in my opinion , drive through the 'Red Hills' area . We saw this huge marble monstrosity in the middle of nowhere. Can anyone enlighten me as to what this building is?.The last two photos are of NH-5 driving towards Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-095.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-096.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-097.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-098.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-099.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-100.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-101.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-102.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-103.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-108.jpg  

Last edited by nickatnite : 26th August 2008 at 14:45.
Old 26th August 2008, 14:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Part VIII concludes this roadtrip driving on NH-5 to Chennai. The views along the way. I find joy in capturing the simplest of things. The open road is a beacon for all us 'motorheads'. Thanx for watching!.
Attached Thumbnails
A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-105.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-106.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-107.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-109.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-110.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-111.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-112.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-118.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-117.jpg  

A drive through Horseley Hills, Kone Falls and Red Hills.-horseleyhills-122.jpg  

Old 26th August 2008, 14:57   #22
BHPian

Interesting snaps. Looks great and looks like a worth while to drive through these roads.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 15:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hey nick, Nice pics dude. Are there still some parts left out? And that bus, did the driver drive into the fields? Looks terrible. Hope nobody is injured.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 15:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

@nickatnite,
No offence,
but i think you should have added some detailed writeup about places you visited.
After going thru this thread, i still not sure where the horsely hills, kone falls and red hills are?
Adding some more pics of actual sites rather than just roads would have added some spice.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 19:00   #25
BHPian

Nick, Am planning to do this route for the 2nd Oct weekend. Can you share some more details like
1. Total Distance covered
2. Accomodation at Horsely hills - how to and cost
3. Road conditions and Fuel availability (I have a Diesel car)
cnaganathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 01:54   #26
BHPian

Acco. at Horsely hills is cheap. You should probably get in touch with the AP Toursim guest house there.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 14:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
Nick, Am planning to do this route for the 2nd Oct weekend. Can you share some more details like
1. Total Distance covered
2. Accomodation at Horsely hills - how to and cost
3. Road conditions and Fuel availability (I have a Diesel car)
To answer your questions:

1. 647kms roundtrip
2. Like Neoranjit said, AP Tourism is the only stay of choice. Rates start at Rs1000 for a double bed.
3. Road conditions excellent throughout, which was a surprise. Diesel availability might be a problem, but no shortage of petrol stations.

Enjoy the trip. The drive from Chittoor to Horseley Hills is very scenic and the weather is cool. Horseley Hills to Tirupati road is also quite scenic. I liked the Red Hills drive the best!.
Old 27th August 2008, 14:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Nick! So what car did you take along? The BMW or the SX4 or the Santro?
headers is offline   Reply With Quote