Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 30th August 2008, 09:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Rudrada I think it's picture number 4 which shows a rain-swept and potholed road with a lone telegraph post standing on the right.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 10:11   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlieonwheels View Post
First the bad part:
Attachment 40150
Ignore the road in the picture above; just see the clouds and the weather. Such bad roads cannot discourage true travel lovers.

Please change your Wipers as they are leaving a streak on the windshiled which might result in a scratch on the windshield...
Agreed - the roads were completely ignored as the weather was too good

Secondly the wipers are in perfect conditions as our car is barely two months old. The streak is actually not there and besides my hubby has a habit of always making sure that there is no dirt or anything on the windscreen/wiper before using them.
girlieonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 11:01   #33
BHPian

BTW - Forgot to add in my reply earlier, Thanks for your concern 'The_Warrior' regarding the wiper change suggestion.
girlieonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 13:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote - "my hubby has a habit of always making sure that there is no dirt or anything on the windscreen/wiper"

That's a very good habit actually. Particularly during a long trip. I know because I have had to pay very dearly for not doing this. The stone dust during my trip to Darjeeling last year had destroyed the rubber and I was forced to use the wiper for about four hours in blinding rain resulting in a big prominent arc on the windscreen (not to speak of the irritating and continuous noise that we had to bear in that inclement weather at night). Luckily it's on the passenger side so I have ignored the scratch.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 16:34   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Rudrada I think it's picture number 4 which shows a rain-swept and potholed road with a lone telegraph post standing on the right.
Absolutely!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlieonwheels View Post
Agreed - the roads were completely ignored as the weather was too good

Secondly the wipers are in perfect conditions as our car is barely two months old. The streak is actually not there and besides my hubby has a habit of always making sure that there is no dirt or anything on the windscreen/wiper before using them.
Well it seemed like a Streak so i thought i'll point it out. That is actually a very good habit of cleaning the dirt from the Windscreen before using the wiper. Just a little excercise saves you a lot of money.

Cheers....cheers:
The_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote