Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street and Travel Experiences > Travelogues

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 13:28   #1
BHPian

Talking Trip to home town

Hi,

I wanted to visit my home town for the long week end (15 aug - 18 aug) by bus/train only to find out that the bus reservation system of the KSRTC (karnataka road transport - :: KSRTC::AWATAR::) was facing lot of traffic and the server was overloaded all the time for 8-10 consecutive days. I even tried the railways for a reservation, all classes, all trains to no avail (IRCTC Online Passenger Reservation Site.). Thats when I decided to check my and my bikes fitness levels on the long week end. It's very long since I took a long ride on a bike though I was used to do such trips quite often in my younger days.

The distance: Just 220 Kms (Hyderabad, AP to Gulbarga, KA) by road.

The ride: My totally pimped RX-100

Route:

Stretch-1: National highway till Humnabad through Sangareddy, Sadashiv pet, Zaheerabad. A total distance of 160 Kms

Stretch-2: State highway from Humnabad to gulbarga. Distance 60 Kms

Fuel Consumed: 12 liters for 440 Kms

I started from Hyderabad on 15th August at 7.30 am and reached Zaheerabad by 9.30 am, had a break of half hour, ate breakfast and started again. Reached Gulbarga by 11.30 am. The ride was pleasant since there was no traffic and the climate was pretty good, no hassles what so ever.

On my return journey, I started in 18th August at 8.30 am in the morning and reached Hyderbad by 12 noon amidst some minor bike problems. My bike's front brakes were jammed and I had to disconnect it after riding it forcefully for some 20 kms before I reached Zaheerabad. The bottom half of the chain guard fell off when I entered Hyderbad due to lots of vibrations due to high speed. And then I came to know that the battery had failed (I am unable to find out why).

Overall, it was a pretty good decision, me and my bike both have passed the test and I feel happy. It gave my confidence a boost. I know this is a preparation for a longer ride!! and my friends say I am insane!
whitesquall is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20th August 2008, 15:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice account of the journey, buddy. Yeah, if you want to book the tickets during extended weekends it is impossible to do so. Always preplanning for these things is recommended. Good that you enjoyed the ride. Hope there were no rains during your travel.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 15:34   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Nice account of the journey, buddy. Yeah, if you want to book the tickets during extended weekends it is impossible to do so. Always preplanning for these things is recommended. Good that you enjoyed the ride. Hope there were no rains during your travel.
Hi snaronikar,

The weather was the best part! no rains, no sun. . .all cool
whitesquall is offline   Reply With Quote