Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 25th August 2008, 18:52   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

Nice pictures. Seems like you got yourself a nice picture.

I meant a nice camera.

@akroy
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 18:59   #47
Senior - BHPian

nice travelogue . You passed through my hometown ( Bhavani ) ah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Good Travelogue with tons of info.
What is that temple name in Salem? Frankly I am coming across this news for first time. its quite interesting one with 1008 lingas. Added to my list
Its a private temple under construction . Being built by other owners of the Vinayaka Mission University .

Last edited by undead : 25th August 2008 at 19:10.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 19:10   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice pix MCL.

You should have visited the Sandal forest too which is not that far from Munnar.

Stock Car?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 19:14   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
You should have visited the Sandal forest too which is not that far from Munnar.
If he travelled to/from Munnar via Udumalpet (which he did, seeing the windmills) he would definitely have passed through Marayur.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 19:18   #50
Senior - BHPian

nice pics.... Munnar is too beautiful to explain with words, my trip earlier this year is still unforgettable.

BTw - the accidental damages you opened this thread with, is it frontal impact? the front left of the bonnet doesnt close well over the headlight? or is it my eye!!
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 19:27   #51
BANNED

The resort in Munnar didn't ask for a marriage certificate?
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 20:31   #52
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
This seems to be taken on a bridge, the rocks and falls being below that bridge, This is my guess. Quite confusing for the eye's , good capture none the less.
Hemanth & mjothi have already answered that question. If you see closely you will find me sitting on one of the rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkraju View Post
Not sure of this. My swift VDi easily goes till 160 and it rips in the ghats. I own Swift VDi and Baleno. I enjoy drving Swift for its turbo and top speed in 5th gear. In baleno I have to be in 4th gear to achieve the top speed which is heavy on pocket.
Raju, my swift hits a top speed of 160 too. I am talking about the effort that the engines takes at those speeds. When you drive an elantra, you can feel the engine has got a lot more even at 170 kmph, same goes with the getz crdi or my baleno. Power dropping at around 140 kmph on the swift is odd. Besides the revv band is just 2-3k rpm for best performance. Time to get Pete's and some added boost I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Really. Even I myself managed for 140's on empty 4 laned highways and expert like you can make atleast in 160's solid.
Surprise, I am no expert. As mentioned earlier I was just mentioning about the power curve dropping past 140 thats all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Nice pix MCL.

Stock Car?
Yup JK. Stock car, dad won't let me mod the Swift after the baleno debacle. Not even Pete's . I guess its better to have a stock car at home. I did pass the Sandalwood forest. Infact I have the pic of the sandal wood trees within the electric fencing as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
BTw - the accidental damages you opened this thread with, is it frontal impact? the front left of the bonnet doesnt close well over the headlight? or is it my eye!!
Santosh, you have a keen eye. Dad hit a pole by mistake a couple of weeks back. The car had been to RNS for bumper replacement and fender allignment correction and 3rd service. I asked them to complete the service part and hand over the car as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
The resort in Munnar didn't ask for a marriage certificate?
Nope. Besides I was a returning customer to Munnar Inn. Last time I had been there it was with my parents and I know those guys pretty well. You mean to say, resorts actually demand for a marriage certificate? What if a gang of friends go together then? AFAIK, plenty of my friends have been to Munnar. No one was asked any such questions. Maybe it happens in big resorts like Club Mahindra etc. But haven't heard of any such thing from any of my friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj
was the flash on while taking the pictures? because some pictures are dull.

what was the total cost involved for the whole trip and what mileage you got in your swift VDI?

I heard that swift VDI can do 150-160?
Rajiv, I have atleast 300+ pics that I have not posted here. I had the flash on as well. But the best pictures are the ones I posted here. That day was not quite ideal for shooting. It was either too bright and sunny or too dull to shoot. Planning to visit Thekkady and Munnar once again once the baleno gets ready.

Btw the swift gave a mileage of 14.8 from Bangalore to Erode. 21.88 from Erode to Munnar to Udumalpet. Haven't checked since I came back. Total cost of the trip was around 8k.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 25th August 2008 at 20:44.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 20:56   #53
BHPian

Nice travelogue and beautiful pictures; this one is straight out of a picture postcard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
-GT- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 21:40   #54
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this thread, great pictures there Rahul, could this trip with you know who be a prelude to the Pondy sojourn?

Munnar is still uncharted as far as I am concerned, have to do it sometime soon.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 21:43   #55
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Just saw this thread, great pictures there Rahul, could this trip with you know who be a prelude to the Pondy sojourn?
Highly unlikely Hari. Might not be possible to bunk coll this Saturday. I'll try my best anyways. Lets see if we can make it.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 21:53   #56
BHPian

Nice snaps man.

Some snaps almost gave an impression that you were in Switzerland

So much to explore in India & so less time on hands
Sidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 22:52   #57
BHPian

Nice pictures McLaren. I had been to Munnar during the August 15th long weekend. I have few pictures that i can post here. I don't mean to Hijack your thread :-)
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2008, 23:06   #58
BHPian

Truly awesome shots, Rahul. And I fully agree that the snaps don't convey what one can see by the naked eye. I had been there, but these snaps are so enticing, I feel like driving once again. Hope to do a trip very soon.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 10:26   #59
BHPian

@ MacLaren,

Nice travelogue.

Reminds me of our first Munnar trip some 8yrs back.
Dhar's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 10:51   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
You mean to say, resorts actually demand for a marriage certificate? What if a gang of friends go together then? AFAIK, plenty of my friends have been to Munnar. No one was asked any such questions. Maybe it happens in big resorts like Club Mahindra etc. But haven't heard of any such thing from any of my friends.
I might be wrong but I remember reading that hotels in Bangalore can demand a marriage certificate from any couple wanting to rent a room. My question was whether this 'rule' was restricted to Bangalore or had spread to other places as well?
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote