Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 27th August 2008, 11:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

I guess so, yes. What's the ground clearance of Civic? Esteem's is 170 mm. There are lots of petrol pumps off GQ on this route and you never quite feel like very far from civilisation. Just go for it. The only dampener on the route is the Niyamatpur jam.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 12:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Sudipto da, excellent writeup !! but Pics with some caption would have been better..

I didnt know that WBTDC cottages are maintained so well. Dont know when I get to try it.

OT: Do you work in EXIDE?

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 13:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Abhi
Sorry about the captionless pics. I am totally technology unfriendly. I couldn't understand how to insert the captions. Therefore I posted them in a seperate reply. Also my internet connection speed at home is horrendously slow.
And yes I do work for Exide but I have no clue about batteries and how they work!!
Small correction Abhi - these are not WBTDC cottages, which is under the department of tourism. These are WBFDC resorts which is under the department of forests. In terms of efficiency and professionalism there is a heaven and hell difference between the two.
Old 27th August 2008, 15:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Default The XL sheet log book

Here is the XL sheet log book, for all it's worth. Hope it's adequate and makes the route more precise
GPKot.xls
Old 27th August 2008, 22:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice details there, will get there, but before that will have to send this link to a few people.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 11:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

It is mildly flattering but greatly annoying to note that Ananda Bazar Patrika, one of the largest circulated vernacular dailies in the country, has lifted one of my photographs from here to use on their travel page today. Specifically they have used the picture showing the ruined temple with my car on the right hand side.
Needless to say, no credit has been given to either me or team-bhp.
I find it ridiculous and funny that such a reputed daily should use such a low res picture on their pages without acknowledging the source.
Having worked in a newspaper house for 7/8 years I understand the compulsions under which such things are done by the desk and design team. All I can say is, this is a sad practice that should be discouraged by the management and stopped by the editors.
If team-bhp management wants to take it up with the ABP group I have no objection.
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:08   #22

I have also seen the picture and identified instantly that it was taken by Sudipto da. I thought probably he is the writer of the article.
amajumder is offline   Reply With Quote