Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 1st September 2008, 23:28   #46

Exceptional photography, very inspirational for beginners like me
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 02:57   #47

Your pictures & narration just rrockk! I wish I had gone to the place when I was in Bangalore.
Nutty Nair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 06:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to keep you all waiting chaps. Am heading outta town this morning and there wasn't power the whole of last night at my apartment. Thanks to the rains in bangy. Will catch up on Sunday and you guys have a great festival.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 07:21   #49
Senior - BHPian

Riju fanastic pics.....i can just say WOW
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 10:15   #50

Riju, it’s not only the camera, I guess you also have an eye for capturing and noticing the awesome views.. great composition.
Vinay DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 10:45   #51
Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Awesome pics Riju. Lovely travelogue there. Reminded me of a trip memo, vikas, myself and a couple of friends went to ages back.

Originally Posted by rjstyles69
Reality starts creeping in now. All of us are a little upset that we need to get back to bangy tomorrow.
Tell me about it. Thats like the worst feeling I have ever had when I had to return back from Munnar.

PS: I think is about time you get out on a trip with tbhpians too or just pull your lady love along with you as well to one of the meets. TBHP family meets are getting popular by the day. We ought to do a nice trip to some place where we could appreciate mother nature at its best.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 12:14   #52
Senior - BHPian

This is a very sad thing which ever can happen...i just can hope that it doesnt happen..

In the name of development we have already caused enough harm to nature, already so many trees have been chopped for road expansion etc...if this happens i dont even want to think:(

Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
All this beauty is not going to last. The Mangalore and Udupi district has been identified as the petrochemical SEZ. That means all the natural beauty will be converted into concrete industrial area and cesspool of pollution.

[Urbanstudy] Mangalore Petrochemical SEZ Environmental Public Hearing Ended Abruptly

I am very scared to think about the effect of this crazy scheme on my native village which falls in the proposed area.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 12:24   #53

Beautiful pix and text! Thanks for sharing.

rex_varghese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 14:01   #54
Senior - BHPian

WOW Riju, amazing pics, looks like two ace photographers got together and we humble mortals get to see their prowess, great pictoblog.

Yes, Sharath is a wonderful host and he knows some amazing places around his place.

Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 14:41   #55

Outstanding photographs, Riju!
Waiting for the next chapter..
pjay_in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 09:06   #56

Awesome pics man. Especially the sepia toned sunset shot with the boats pulled up on the beach. As someone has rightly pointed out on this thread, the imagination of the person taking the right shots/angles is as important as the hardware that is being used.

Thanks for the awesome shots!!
Sidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 13:38   #57
Senior - BHPian

Great travelogue and wonderful pictures!

Thanks for sharing them, Riju.
HappyWheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 14:01   #58
Senior - BHPian

Riju: Neevu marathu hogi bitraa...Dayamadi swalpa muundina kaalu haaki.

Riju: Waiting for your next leg photos.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 08:22   #59

liked ur photoblog plus narration.

I did Karnataka trip last month but with very little time.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nh206-nh7.html (DRIVOBLOG® | Nightcruising Karnataka (NH4, NH63, NH17, NH206, NH7))
btirthankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 22:27   #60
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the delay folks was out tripping in Kollegal and surrounding areas.Just finished a spine breaking 500kms trip today.

Day 4 :
25th of August

Route taken : Kundapur--Udupi--Manipal--Hebri--Theertahalli--Shimoga--Bhadravati--Tarikere--Birur--Kadur--Arasikere--Tiptur--Gubbi-Tumkur--Nelamangala--Bangalore

Am in no mood to get off my bed since my sojourn has finally reached its final day. Kinda lazily get off the bed and walk out again and for a change I decide not to use the camera, rather walk around and enjoy the serenity of the place.

Well reality has sunk in, its 10:30am and all of us are ready to leave. We order for breakfast and check out of the place. Bid goodbye to the staff and start the G16B. She sounds sweet and looks clean from the previous night's wash we had given her.

The ladies are a little surprised to find the car clean. My wife then looks at the car and says it looks like the car is polio affected (pun intended).
She had her own reasons,I was running 3 tires which were 205's and the rear left was a 175.
She knows I love the car and wants to see my reaction. I shrug it off promising myself and the car that the day we hit base in Bangalore I will fix the alloy.

We are back again on National Horror -17 for the 3rd time driving to Udupi for a wedding.

(Off-topic : this whole trip was planned coz we had a close pal's wedding to attend in Udupi and decided to make this trip our getaway too)

By about 12pm we are in Udupi for the wedding. Spend about an hour at the wedding and after wishing the bride and the groom we take off. Drive past Sharath's office one last time and we pull over at coffee day in Manipal.

This place really $ucks in comparo to the other CD's I have been to. Doesn't have a decent restroom and just in case you wanna kill your taste buds for a change go here. I ordered for a tropical iceberg and Mallik ordered a Chocó frappe. Both of these dint taste anywhere close what it should taste like.

I think it was better bet to go back for lunch to the same restaurant where Samurai had taken us the previous day.Was just the matter of 2 kms or so.

We pack some pastries and a box of cookies and by 2:30pm we are back on Road. Drive past the Seetanadi river rafting camp where Lukskywalker ( Hari ) had been to .The Agumbe ghats road is a tad bit bad but still manageable and once again we are cruising on good roads.

Pit stop at Theertahalli for some coffee and buns the drive continues, 1st stop now at Mandagadde bird sanctuary. Dint get too many shots of this place since the birds were perched too far away and the river was a little too rough to climb any of the precariously leaning trees.Carry your telephotos or ultra zoom camera's(P&S) here its really worth it.

Name:  DSC_0697 Medium.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  47.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0700 Medium.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  86.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0701 Medium.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  133.0 KB

Next thing we realize is that we are driving thru a thick forest and I manage to get a few quickies in the rain(haven't processed all just got 2 for now).

Name:  DSC_0715 Medium.jpg
Views: 1801
Size:  134.7 KB

Name:  DSC_0719 Medium.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  100.9 KB

Further on we reach the Gajanur dam and here is what I get to shoot. It was raining hence couldn't stay out for long to click too many pics.

Name:  DSC_0745 Medium.jpg
Views: 1853
Size:  32.0 KB

With another 300kms to cover we make a dash to Shimoga. Hotel Ashoka does the honors of filling our bellies and we are back again cruising. What makes me go WOW about this part of Karnataka is that the weather changes every 4/5 kms. Its raining cats and dogs and then you have sunlight woooooh and this keeps changing every 15 mins or so.

It gets dark and Mallik has been driving all day.Ask him if he did want to swap over and he is nowhere close to the word YES . We talk about cars and engines while the ladies catch a quick nap.Two more 20 mins stop and then tank up some place between Tiptur and Gubbi. No mad rush we are only doing 80-100kmph. 11pm we are at the Tumkur Toll Gate.Pull over at Malliks in-laws place in Nelamangala for 30 mins or so. On entering Bangalore the rain gods welcome us with rains thrashing the roads, its pouring cats and dogs. Our speed reduces drastically since there is hardly any visibility and the volume of trucks plying was huge. No damn retard coming from the opp' side wants to drive with the low beam on. Driving gets really difficult from 8th Mile onwards , trucks parked haphazard and the roads look nothing short of a war zone.

Finally its home sweet home by 2:00am .Park the car in my basement and Mallik drives back home, I look at the baleno and tell her thanks with a smile on my face. She never let us down in anyways and took us in her stride to love her even more.

All thru the trip we did a top whack of maybe 130kmph or so and that's when I hit the boulder. From then on we both never took the car above 110. A mileage of 17.48 per ltr was recorded for the whole trip. The odo read 1189 kms when we parked it in my basement. I had a wonderful trip and so did everyone else.

Once again I thank you all for your time reading thru my banter and Samurai thanks for your hospitality mate.
Will I do this trip again ? yes I will and next time around I have a few other things planned.

One last pic,is a candid shot and one among my fav's too.
Attached Images
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote