Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 12th September 2008, 13:16   #76
BHPian

Updated my participation status in the thread
badri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 15:05   #77
Senior - BHPian

17.48 KMPL . wowwwwwww, are you driving your Baleno with an Alto engine ;-), just kidding. There is something definitely wrong either with my driving or my car itself. I got only 12.35 kmpl with almost conservative driving (90-110 mostly and max 140 kmph in few places, very few) only for my last trip(I also went to Shimoga and all). And the best I got before also was 14.5 kmpl around only. Something is definitely not right.
Anyway, nice travelogue and loved the pics..
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 18:48   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
As everybody knows Udupi restaurants are world famous for their veggie dishes. But you won't find any good veggie restaurant worth the tag "Udupi Restaurant" in the whole Udupi district. I guess all the good Udupi cooks are outside Udupi keeping up the Udupi reputation. The best Udupi restaurants are in Bangalore, while Udupi doesn't have even a decent one.
You are spot on Samurai
Everytime I go to visit my wife's place in Udupi (her native place is Kalathur to be specific) I could hardly find a good place to savour a nice "utthapa". We get some of the best dosas & utthapas at some of Pune's Udupi restaurants. Sadly, could not find the same in & around Udupi or maybe I was looking in the wrong places
Sidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 21:14   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
17.48 KMPL . wowwwwwww, are you driving your Baleno with an Alto engine ;-), just kidding. There is something definitely wrong either with my driving or my car itself. I got only 12.35 kmpl with almost conservative driving (90-110 mostly and max 140 kmph in few places, very few) only for my last trip(I also went to Shimoga and all). And the best I got before also was 14.5 kmpl around only. Something is definitely not right.
Anyway, nice travelogue and loved the pics..
kaushik you prolly should get your car checked. Listen, all thru though the drive we had bad patches difference is that we never did clutch riding.Car has a FFE designed for low end torque and we put it to full use.
Almost everytime we hit a bad patch , slotted the car into 1st or 2nd and let it roll slowly.

Honestly I cant recall too many instances where we revved above 3500rpm.
I have been getting a constant 13.5kms/ltr in the lousie bangalore traffic with AC on 70% . I aint exeggerating but yeah these are the figures.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 22:15   #80
Senior - BHPian

Thats perfect way to drive to fetch better FE. My driver does the samething, No clutch riding at all evening in slow moving traffic drive it in 1st gear, make car roll slowly.

However in Bangalore stop and go traffic even in 1st gear sometimes slight clutch rding is needed.

I noticed my Matiz with FFE in 1st gear moves slwoly without or slightly pressing the accelerator even with full load. Low end pickup helps a lot for sure.

Once we know that for particular we can get optimum FE.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 12:36   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Riju,

What can I say?? Awesome photographs Buddy !! You have guaranteed alternate career as a photographer if you wish to !! Makes me want to blow the dust off my Canon and dedicate some time to my photography

keep it up dude !!

badri
Hey badri thanks man, I think you ought to let the artist out in you and start shooting.
Old 13th September 2008, 14:58   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
kaushik you prolly should get your car checked. Listen, all thru though the drive we had bad patches difference is that we never did clutch riding.Car has a FFE designed for low end torque and we put it to full use.
Almost everytime we hit a bad patch , slotted the car into 1st or 2nd and let it roll slowly.

Honestly I cant recall too many instances where we revved above 3500rpm.
I have been getting a constant 13.5kms/ltr in the lousie bangalore traffic with AC on 70% . I aint exeggerating but yeah these are the figures.
Yeah, actually I need to get the car checked will give it for service soon. I was taken aback when I went for a trip to Wayanad(oh yeah, I went there again ;-) ) 2 weeks back. I got an mileage of 11.5kmpl(can you believe it?). And this trip it was 12.35kmpl, these are the economy I used to get in City. Something is going wrong which I'm not able to understand. With my kind of driving I was expecting atleast 14-14.5kmpl.
I normally don't do clutch riding expect for some very bad sections. Yeah, I did crossed 3.5k rpm many times that too at 1st and 2nd gear, may be that's one of the major issue here.
And I'm not sure but may be the FFE is also adding to the extra mileage.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 19:26   #83
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to go to Turtle Bay this week. Any recommendations for the route I need to take?

Thanks
indianrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 19:39   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
Hi,

I am planning to go to Turtle Bay this week. Any recommendations for the route I need to take?

Thanks
Buddy depends on what route you want to traverse. You planning to drive straight to Kundapur or you plan to visit Jog and drive via Murudeshwar ?

However check this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...d-info-26.html

you would be surprised at the regular updates. Happy tripping .
Old 3rd February 2009, 23:36   #85
BHPian

Thanks mate. Much appreciated
indianrunner is offline   Reply With Quote