Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2008, 22:48   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
wanderernomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 2,390
Thanked: 786 Times
Default

Nice pics shaken. One of the best looking wagonR. Nice wordings too.

Last edited by wanderernomad : 1st September 2008 at 22:51. Reason: Saw that he has posted the cam name just a few seconds too soon.hehe
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 02:25   #17
BHPian
 
Nutty Nair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trivandrum, Kerala
Posts: 286
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Beautiful pictures, nice travelogue & your car with the alloys makes me say "Black is beautiful"
Nutty Nair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 08:55   #18
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,745
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Really good pics! nice composition throughout. though, I wish you had left the door shut in a few of them. otherwise they were perfect.
how did you keep the black Wagon R so clean during the trip
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 09:16   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
anujmishra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,271
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Excellent PICS Shaken and nice travelogue and car too. Alloys simply absorbed in black color of Wagon-R and it reflects in your pics.
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 10:01   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
akroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Posts: 2,414
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Excellent Pics, The Alloys on this car looks amazing. nnice choice I must say.

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 10:12   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Excellent picture and narration. I shoiudl say that the black beauty steels the show.
So, you are lucky enough to have 2 sweet hearts without fighting between them
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 10:37   #22
BHPian
 
Shakensoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: AS01
Posts: 492
Thanked: 221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Nice pics shaken. One of the best looking wagonR. Nice wordings too.
Thanks for compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Nair View Post
Beautiful pictures, nice travelogue & your car with the alloys makes me say "Black is beautiful"
Thanks. Black is a blessing and a curse at the same time, though it looks beautiful, keeping her clean is a herculean task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Really good pics! nice composition throughout. though, I wish you had left the door shut in a few of them. otherwise they were perfect.
how did you keep the black Wagon R so clean during the trip
Thanks. Got up at 6am, filled up two 2 litre bottles with water and wiped her clean.

But rain came down hard again and the entire road became slushy, even though the car appears clean, its not. I guess its the black which has absorbed the dirt in the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Excellent PICS Shaken and nice travelogue and car too. Alloys simply absorbed in black color of Wagon-R and it reflects in your pics.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Excellent Pics, The Alloys on this car looks amazing. nnice choice I must say.

Abhi
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Excellent picture and narration. I shoiudl say that the black beauty steels the show.
So, you are lucky enough to have 2 sweet hearts without fighting between them
Thanks. Yeah I am lucky, I dedicate enough time and care to both of them , so neither of them feels left out.
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 11:00   #23
BHPian
 
PhrozenFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 267
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Hey great pics! The alloys on the Wagon R are looking fantastic. I'd gone to Kufri in December last year and those same 2 yaks were there, posing for pictures!. BTW the place where you stopped for lunch in Simla, is it Combemere?
PhrozenFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 11:11   #24
BHPian
 
Shakensoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: AS01
Posts: 492
Thanked: 221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenFire View Post
Hey great pics! The alloys on the Wagon R are looking fantastic. I'd gone to Kufri in December last year and those same 2 yaks were there, posing for pictures!. BTW the place where you stopped for lunch in Simla, is it Combemere?
Thanks. I guess those 2 yaks will be there for a long time, whoever goes to kufri will always see them

Yes, the place was Combermere.
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 11:36   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Shakensoul, I liked your narrative....and the pics were amazing. Man, you seem to be a veteran as far as photography is concerned.

Car looks real good - so you had a chance to test the Hellas eh!
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 11:52   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,083
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Hey, Shakensoul, you shook my soul with that short & sweet travelogue!
The narration and the pics, both deserve to be lauded!
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 11:56   #27
BHPian
 
Shakensoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: AS01
Posts: 492
Thanked: 221 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Shakensoul, I liked your narrative....and the pics were amazing. Man, you seem to be a veteran as far as photography is concerned.

Car looks real good - so you had a chance to test the Hellas eh!
Thanks. I am surprised that people liked my narration, I thought it was very amateurish, without any spice and thrills.

Photography is just a hobby, a re-ignited passion, no way I can call myself a veteran or pro. I'm glad that its upto peoples expectations.

The Hella's were a dissapointment, will have to get the wiring and relay rechecked. The wiring was done with thin wires, the mechanic had suggested atleast 6mm wires but it was not available. Will get the entire wiring done again with 6mm wires. However the Philips Rally 100/90 did well, the throw was very good and penetrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Hey, Shakensoul, you shook my soul with that short & sweet travelogue!
The narration and the pics, both deserve to be lauded!
Thanks mathur ji.

I owe it all to you people.

Last edited by Shakensoul : 2nd September 2008 at 11:57.
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 12:26   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,269
Thanked: 1,234 Times
Default

Great pics, SS. Your WagonR steals the show with its deadly looks.
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:11   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
simply_sunny001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London & Rohtak
Posts: 1,339
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Super pics @ Shakensoul,way to go

Whats that restaurant in Shimla where you had lunch.

looks good.
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:43   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,083
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Whats that restaurant in Shimla where you had lunch.

looks good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Thanks. I guess those 2 yaks will be there for a long time, whoever goes to kufri will always see them

Yes, the place was Combermere.
Just a short distance away from where the lifts take you on the Mall. That photo is the terrace restaurant. A little upmarket, of course.
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Weekend @ Tirthan Valley, Himachal Pradesh Dry Ice Travelogues 14 11th July 2015 14:10
Chail: A Perfect Weekend Getaway yogesh sarkar Travelogues 10 9th February 2011 19:29
Delhi-Himachal road trip over Holi Weekend - Safety Issue lordofgondor Route / Travel Queries 14 26th February 2010 20:11
Weekend Getaway from Delhi....pls help kpzen Route / Travel Queries 5 23rd February 2007 17:04
karjat - a weekend getaway dins Route / Travel Queries 0 11th July 2006 15:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks