Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 18th March 2005, 23:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Great report. very detailed. Just a question though, what were you carrying all the computers around for?

SS, did the extra weight really help the handling or did it just reduce the acceleration and increased fuel consupmtion?
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2005, 12:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Rishi,

great write up dude ! that info will help quite a few of us !!

btw- i second puthari with 2 kids racing away with skoda's and scorpio's - be careful maan thats the only thing i wud say !!

and yeah , satya - ur turning out to be far crazier than i thought !
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2005, 13:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Rishi,

actually the last time when i drove alone all the way to mangalore,i had to really slow down on those turns on the ankola road and the nh17.
so this time with only me and my dad in the car ,those sand bags really helped on the turns .in fact this time with all the pit stops opf about 2-2.5 hours i reached mangalore in 14.5 hours.while the last time ,i reached in 14 hours but that included only about 1 hour of stops for fuel or food.
and these bags will remain in my car for ever .its my internal downforce mechanism.
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2005, 14:22   #19
BHPian

hi

rishi u seem to have done a good job for me too as i with my family was planning a trip to nathdwara and back in our Accent gls. were not very sure of the route and how much time would it have taken but with ur travelouge , things seem to have got easier for me. i think we will be around four adults with quite some luggage and hope my accent gives me good performance on this trip.

this trip might not happen before october but will surely help me in following this route u have mentioned.

thanks a lot again

hats off to u & ur family for having taken this trip.

Shubbhi

P.S. do u stay @ belapur?
manaa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2005, 18:30   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidrock
Man that was awesome report. Read it thrice till now. So now I know what should dream for my first sedan. (Don't even own a hatch yet, lol. ).
BTW, when did you post this in PalioUsersIndia ? I have been reading all posts on that group for past 2 months.
This was posted on 17Mar'05 at 2045 hrs.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Great start to the Forum Rishi!

And your post had more importance to me as I am planning a similar trip soon. The information you have provided will be a big help!

Any photographs taken enroute?
Apology for a late reply. I was too busy driving that I forgot to take pictures , next time my travelogue shall accompany pictures.

regards
-Rishi
rishi_kapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45
hi

rishi u seem to have done a good job for me too as i with my family was planning a trip to nathdwara and back in our Accent gls. were not very sure of the route and how much time would it have taken but with ur travelouge , things seem to have got easier for me. i think we will be around four adults with quite some luggage and hope my accent gives me good performance on this trip.

this trip might not happen before october but will surely help me in following this route u have mentioned.

thanks a lot again

hats off to u & ur family for having taken this trip.

Shubbhi

P.S. do u stay @ belapur?
Apology for a late reply. Yeah Shubbhi my office is in CBD Belapur.
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Rishi,

great write up dude ! that info will help quite a few of us !!

btw- i second puthari with 2 kids racing away with skoda's and scorpio's - be careful maan thats the only thing i wud say !!

You are right, I should be careful with young one specially, the elder one enjoys long drive but this poor fellow is so scared of car seat that he goes hysterical if he sees one from a distance. By the way I did not race with other cars, I was not driving rashly or zig-zag etc, I was just following my lane (overtake lane, rightmost) and not blocking any one's way, I use to change back to 2nd lane (middle lane) as soon as I overtook the other car and they just gave way after trying to race and realizing that they cant beat Petra's handling and smooth cruise at 165/170. But no excuses here for treating toddlers like this
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:28   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
Great report. very detailed. Just a question though, what were you carrying all the computers around for?

SS, did the extra weight really help the handling or did it just reduce the acceleration and increased fuel consupmtion?

Apology for a late reply. Good question. we were carrying 2 laptops because me and my wife dont share laptops and Dektop PC was gift for my Brother-in-law as I was not using it and it was gathering dust!

I did not feel any difference in acceleration with and without load (while coming back I had much less load), yes overall I feel I got slightly better FE while coming back.
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:33   #25
BHPian

congrats rishi_kapoor,

on an eventful and long drive. great write up - also, a fantastic testimony of the petra...

btw, how many kms has the petra done in toto.

wow, to think that i would have purchased the petra 1.6 if i didn't have to do a city drive of 50kms a day! so it was the palio d for me.

but - i know now what my 2nd cars is gonna be! fiat -pls get your act together soon - and lets teach those japs and koreans how it's done...
cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
But could not login because Yahoo was blocked recently at my work.
Yahoo and hotmail is blocked at work at my place too..
Too much of abuse by everyone and thus lot of bandwidth taken up..
Hope they don't block tbhp.. The system guys have seen me with tbhp many a times..
Guess they are thinking i'm working on this web based development stuff.. heheheee...
Hope they dont block tbhp, thats all...
vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:40   #27
BHPian

Default beautiful write-up

rishi sir

gr8 writeup

really enjoyed it...

was thinking of a similar trip myself

the cherry on the cake wud b a Do's/Dont's ka list
Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:44   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthari
Dear Rishi,

A good post and am sure you would have enjoyed the trip. However , may I ask you if it is advisable to strap the poor baby for 14 hrs ? - and drive at 165Kmph , while you race the Hondas and other car. A 9 month baby and a 2 year child - I am still thinking if I would ever go on such a trip. Please dont - the next time .
You are right Puthari, But since both my sons love driving thats how I gathered courage for this trip. See my reply above regarding racing, I dont rash drive on any road in any condition.

We had younger one take a break from car seat every hour and a half. My wife use to sit at back with kids, change them and play.

Nevertheless, I shall be careful in future.

By the way I might be planning a long drive again sometime till Leh but kids shall fly to Delhi and stay with their grand parents.
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:46   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia
rishi sir

gr8 writeup

really enjoyed it...

was thinking of a similar trip myself

the cherry on the cake wud b a Do's/Dont's ka list
Sure, good idea, give me sometime to prepare dos and donts list, shall post it soon.
Old 22nd March 2005, 17:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream
congrats rishi_kapoor,

on an eventful and long drive. great write up - also, a fantastic testimony of the petra...

btw, how many kms has the petra done in toto.

wow, to think that i would have purchased the petra 1.6 if i didn't have to do a city drive of 50kms a day! so it was the palio d for me.

but - i know now what my 2nd cars is gonna be! fiat -pls get your act together soon - and lets teach those japs and koreans how it's done...
My Petra has done 8000 KMs now. I have a Palio 1.6 GTX also, so driving gets divided.