Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 13:20   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default Yet another visit to God's Own Country - MUNNAR!!!

I have been longing to do a long trip to Cumbum and surroundings in my Car. But since I only drive in day, it means I need 2 full days for driving. So, I was always waiting for holidays more than 3 days. Luckily with my son also had 10 days holiday from 1st of October. Since we had 1st & 2nd public holiday with Saturday and Sunday usual holiday. I decided to take vacation on 3rd october. There you go I got cool 5 days.

This became a ideal vacation for going to long drive and I had no dificulty in deciding the location near Cumbum. It is Munnar. The thought of me driving through those Bodi mettu and hills made me so excited.

Before I put the full logs and upload the picture, I am putting just a glimpse of the trip now. More to follow when I am back from office

My Machine

Yet another visit to God's Own Country - MUNNAR!!!-theride.jpg

Hotel we Stayed @
Yet another visit to God's Own Country - MUNNAR!!!-hotel.jpg

What we saw
Yet another visit to God's Own Country - MUNNAR!!!-whtwesaw.jpg
Yet another visit to God's Own Country - MUNNAR!!!-whtwesaw2.jpg

What we did
Yet another visit to God's Own Country - MUNNAR!!!-elephant.jpg

Contd...
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 13:25   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Great, Mjothi! Seems like you are on a roll here!

Good teaser. Waiting for the main show!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 13:29   #3
BHPian
 
prabhusati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 248
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi mjothi,

Nice to see that you are travelling almost every week. Saw your travelogues to Bhoganandeeshwara temple, Mysore, Srirangapatna along with some very nice pictures. Keep it up.

Please post the travelogue and pics of Munnar soon.

Best Regards/Satish Prabhu
prabhusati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 14:01   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
anujmishra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,271
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Great suspense start for your Munnar Trip with your machine! Waiting for the rest in James Bond Style.

OT: By the way I can see your french cut gone.


anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 14:22   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
Surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,299
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Expecting a detailed report on all aspects. Team-Bhp is getting lots of travelogue masters nowadays
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 14:37   #6
BHPian
 
mdmahesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Mjothi, You are quickie, I was about write a travelogue, you have started.
mdmahesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 15:22   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
...OT: By the way I can see your french cut gone.
noticed it just now!

MJothi, what happened? Or was this your offering when you got the little guys tonsured?
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 15:35   #8
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,892
Thanked: 9,728 Times
Default

oh oh and I also went to Munnar and am yet to write!
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 15:37   #9
Team-BHP Support
 
Rudra Sen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,404
Thanked: 4,092 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
oh oh and I also went to Munnar and am yet to write!
Yeah, waiting to see you on an elephant. Now post them fast.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 16:37   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
akroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Posts: 2,414
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Hey Mahesh, Nice start and keep the pics flowing.
Did you investigate the car at GM service? Any problems?

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 16:42   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Nice pics MJ. Keep them coming. Was wondering where you went last week (you mentioned in your earlier travelogue the mysore one).

Do write a detailed travelogue about the route taken, how many kms etc etc. I'am planning to do this during Dec/Jan.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 18:15   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default

Jothi, where did you stay in Munnar?
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 18:16   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
Lukeskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,396
Thanked: 1,149 Times
Default

So, now I know what you did last holidays, chariots to elephants, man, you really are getting to be a royal!!
Keep the pics rolling.
Regards,
Hari.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 18:38   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Great, Mjothi! Seems like you are on a roll here!

Good teaser. Waiting for the main show!
Oh, I was tight in office due to the last week vacation. So, just started but could not continue further. Let me see, if I can keep my proimse and complete it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
Hi mjothi,

Nice to see that you are travelling almost every week. Saw your travelogues to Bhoganandeeshwara temple, Mysore, Srirangapatna along with some very nice pictures. Keep it up.

Please post the travelogue and pics of Munnar soon.

Best Regards/Satish Prabhu
This is coincidence. It was not confirmed even during my Mysore trip. But since you have your own mode of transport, no hassle in planing right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Great suspense start for your Munnar Trip with your machine! Waiting for the rest in James Bond Style.

OT: By the way I can see your french cut gone.

French cut keeps coming and going. Since we know it will come, it goes often. Lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmahesh View Post
Mjothi, You are quickie, I was about write a travelogue, you have started.
Ya, waiting for your trip detials about Munnar & palani too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
noticed it just now!

MJothi, what happened? Or was this your offering when you got the little guys tonsured?
He he, not exactly. But we can put it that way too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Hey Mahesh, Nice start and keep the pics flowing.
Did you investigate the car at GM service? Any problems?

Abhi
No. I checked the car physically once its cool. I did not feel anything wrong except for the dent. No leaks or anything. So, giving less priority. Will check whenever I drop in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Nice pics MJ. Keep them coming. Was wondering where you went last week (you mentioned in your earlier travelogue the mysore one).

Do write a detailed travelogue about the route taken, how many kms etc etc. I'am planning to do this during Dec/Jan.
Will try my best to see if I can put down what will be helpful to you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Jothi, where did you stay in Munnar?
I stayed in GreenView Hotel. Its just opposite to the KSRTC bus depot, after the S.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
So, now I know what you did last holidays, chariots to elephants, man, you really are getting to be a royal!!
Keep the pics rolling.
Regards,
Hari.
Ha, just noticed this. Now I do feel royal .
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 19:04   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

OT: Congrats on completing 1000 man.....ummm no of posts. But you may have to wait for another couple of months for becoming a senior BHPian. Great going.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yet another BHPian from God's Own Country Edwardanto Introduce yourself 7 20th September 2014 11:48
Breathe, you are in God's own country! A visit to Munnar dhanushmenon Travelogues 44 9th April 2014 11:15
Yet another BHPian from GOD's Own Country AshwinThekkan Introduce yourself 13 15th August 2013 23:56
In Search Of “The God” – In God’s Own Country, Kerala MadBiker Travelogues 73 27th July 2012 11:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:36.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks