Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 7th October 2008, 13:48   #16

Truly awesome and very nice write up and pictures. We have been planning to visit this place for a long time now, looks like I need to push this up in my queue. Btw, which is your ride (i mean car)?
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 14:21   #17

Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post

BTW at hampi did you eat at Mango Tree ??? and did you visit Shanthi Guest house ???

I highly recommend these 2 place. I personally think the best food i have eaten in my life is at Mango Tree.
We did not go to either of the places....may be next time

But otherwise also food in hampi or badami was never a problem.

Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Btw, which is your ride (i mean car)?
I drive esteem vxi.

amohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 19:52   #18

Mohit: Nice write-up and absolutely beautiful pictures. Though I have seen the pictures of Hampi numerous times, I should admit that I never knew of such beautiful temples of Pattadakal. Some of the temples at Pattadakal look like Chola temples of TN, particularly that at Darasuram. The temple in the last picture with the complete tower facade in intricate pattern is fascinating. Thank you for the fantastic photographs.
-GT- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 23:23   #19

Thanks to your thread amohit, I'm leaving to Hampi tomorrow. I'm not driving though, have booked tickets in the KSRTC bus that directly goes to Hampi. I plan to stay in Shanthi guest house - heard lot of positive feedback about this place. Mango tree too seems to be a favourite place for many.
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote