Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2008, 19:18   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 32
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
God. That will take you 1-2 weeks right?
My manager will kill me if i travel 2 weeks one side.
Will be 1 and a half days ride 1300 kms one side.
might take a halt some where around GOA for the night.
about one week stay at KERALA and then Same plan for the way back.
avi.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 19:27   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi neoonwheels,

> Arcadia regency - At entrance my confused wifey

Well, you were staying next door to my shop.

Nice pictures.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 19:39   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
ramkya1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Palakkad, Keral
Posts: 1,817
Thanked: 362 Times
Arrow

Hai Neoonwheels,

Lovely pictures, so picture-postcard like and some of them walpaper material, even with low res. Love the Munnar photos, some of of them coposed so beautufully.

Been to Aleppey beach many times, never saw it so lovely as in your pictures, the one with the sea-bridge.

Keep them coming... more to come?

--Ramky
======
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 19:48   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
PatienceWins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,157
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

Nice pictures.

I am surprised to know that you did not encounter potholes in Cochin - Munnar. Cochin seems to have improved a lot now.

Waiting for the rest. Thanks for providing all the details. It would be helpful when others plan a trip.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2008, 20:31   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hi!

1 quick thing -

It looks like you have switched your mobile on inside the aircraft to take that cloud picture.

If you indeed have, I hope it was in flight mode, or else you have done a very dangerous and illegal thing.

Hi Sam and others

The danger of switching on mobilephones inside aircraft is highly overrated and IMHO unwarranted. There are no studies to prove that the phones interfere with aircraft navigation or communication in any way, and very soon you will all be able to make calls from your mobilephones inside aircraft, subject to certain restrictions like the number of people who can use it concurrently, time at which you can use them etc

How come what was dangerous earlier is now suddenly acceptable when the airlines get a Revenue Share from the calls made?

I do realize things arent as simple as that, but the fact is that several of my pilot friends have confessed to making calls themselves from the cockpit - they are convinced that it is 100% safe.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 08:29   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,652
Thanked: 599 Times
Default

Last day sight seeing is coming your way. Will be covering:

1. Alleppey sunrise
2. Chinese fishnets
3. Dutch palace
4. Synagogue
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 08:53   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,652
Thanked: 599 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Nice pictures.

I am surprised to know that you did not encounter potholes in Cochin - Munnar. Cochin seems to have improved a lot now.

Waiting for the rest. Thanks for providing all the details. It would be helpful when others plan a trip.
Exactly. I was so impressed with the roads. I rarely see such roads in pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai Neoonwheels,

Lovely pictures, so picture-postcard like and some of them walpaper material, even with low res. Love the Munnar photos, some of of them coposed so beautufully.

Been to Aleppey beach many times, never saw it so lovely as in your pictures, the one with the sea-bridge.

Keep them coming... more to come?

--Ramky
======
I was in love with Munnar and Alleppey. When we went the weather was so charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi neoonwheels,

> Arcadia regency - At entrance my confused wifey

Well, you were staying next door to my shop.

Nice pictures.
Hey Bro next time I come, will surely visit your shop.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th October 2008 at 19:14. Reason: see note in post
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 10:15   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
God. That will take you 1-2 weeks right?
1-2 weeks? For travelling or staying? Not able to get you?
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 10:53   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi neoonwheels,

> Hey Bro next time I come, will surely visit your shop.

Permit me to do a little correction. next time, you are here, you will meet me.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 11:16   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Day 3 – Munnar

It was a bright sunny day after a heavy rainfall last night. Today on our list we had Munnar dam, Echo point, some lake ( not able to recollect the name) and tea factory.
Guess it is Kundale Lake. Its the last but one tourist spot in that direction. The next one is Top Station.

Right?
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 11:31   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Neo,

A great travelogue! Nice photos, especially the ones of the still water! Beautiful!

Good to know that you had a wonderful experience in Kerala.

And how was the authentic Kerala food? Found it too spicy or what?
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 02:28   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
kuttapan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Hi Sam and others

The danger of switching on mobilephones inside aircraft is highly overrated and IMHO unwarranted. There are no studies to prove that the phones interfere with aircraft navigation or communication in any way, and very soon you will all be able to make calls from your mobilephones inside aircraft, subject to certain restrictions like the number of people who can use it concurrently, time at which you can use them etc

How come what was dangerous earlier is now suddenly acceptable when the airlines get a Revenue Share from the calls made?

I do realize things arent as simple as that, but the fact is that several of my pilot friends have confessed to making calls themselves from the cockpit - they are convinced that it is 100% safe.
ECKJACKTLY ! It is not dangerous(at least this day and age) to use mobile phones inside the aircraft. The radio equipment in an aircraft is zillion times powerful than a teeny weeny mobile phone, and I do not think using a mobile will interfere with the operation of an aircraft. Can any RF guys confirm?

Hopefully they do away with it soon.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 03:29   #28
BHPian
 
pramod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 457
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
ECKJACKTLY ! It is not dangerous(at least this day and age) to use mobile phones inside the aircraft. The radio equipment in an aircraft is zillion times powerful than a teeny weeny mobile phone, and I do not think using a mobile will interfere with the operation of an aircraft. Can any RF guys confirm?

Hopefully they do away with it soon.
Mobile phone systems depend on channel reuse(CDMA or GSM), and operating a phone at altitude may violate the fundamental assumptions that allow channel reuse to work.
What i mean is , The mobile is equi-distant to many BTS (base transceiver stations) and will try to register with many towers parallely, which could create a core dump or 2 on the BTS
Well, wrt aircraft equipments, they work at a specified frequency band 450 Mhz and 800 Mhz and wont get affected by Mobil signals. They also have attenuators to filter out the stray signals from Mobiles.

So, theoritically MOBILE PHONE USAGE SHOULDNT CREATE A PROBLEM ON AIRCRAFTS!
pramod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 07:23   #29
BHPian
 
dreamdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 420
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Nicely written travelogue. Great pictures too. Keep them coming..
dreamdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 12:15   #30
Jay
BHPian
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 819
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Our hotel – Royal Retreat
Aah !!! this was the place i stayed at when i visited Munnar for the first time, Long time ago... Brings back old memories.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Breathe, you are in God's own country! A visit to Munnar dhanushmenon Travelogues 44 9th April 2014 11:15
God's Own Country, Linea T-Jet, Devil's Own Roads and Meen Pollichathu palitrana Travelogues 32 18th February 2014 17:35
In Search Of “The God” – In God’s Own Country, Kerala MadBiker Travelogues 73 27th July 2012 11:35
God's Own Country! Kerala, the perfect getaway! TBHPians make it more memorable... mclaren1885 Travelogues 59 30th September 2009 23:48
Yet another visit to God's Own Country - MUNNAR!!! mjothi Travelogues 79 13th October 2008 13:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:45.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks