Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 10th May 2010, 17:58   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the beautiful pics that you have pasted. Really gives us the feeling of the North Indian roads.
And thanks to you too sami, for having interest in roads of this part of India!.
LongDrive lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 19:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
And thanks to you too sami, for having interest in roads of this part of India!.
I love that,

BTW, i can assure you sami that some roads in UP are worth going for a long drive because of the excellent green cover and Mangroves on both sides of the road almost replicating one of the most beautiful countrysides.
shantanumishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 16:47   #33
BHPian

Default Re: Delhi - Lucknow on NH-2

I am planning to drive down to Lucknow from Noida in my eight years old M800. Could anyone suggest whether I should take NH24 or NH2?
sheetumanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 17:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
I am planning to drive down to Lucknow from Noida in my eight years old M800. Could anyone suggest whether I should take NH24 or NH2?
Take NH2 to go to Lucknow.
It is way better than NH24.
Earlier the road conditions from entering kanpur till Unnao were in bad state but now things have been much better.
Don't think twice. Take the NH2. You'll enjoy the drive!

Cheers!
abhijeetsng is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 17:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetsng View Post
Take NH2 to go to Lucknow.
It is way better than NH24.
Earlier the road conditions from entering kanpur till Unnao were in bad state but now things have been much better.
Don't think twice. Take the NH2. You'll enjoy the drive!

Cheers!
Thanks bro !! I have heard that now one does not need to enter Kanpur rather there is some bypass that one can take. Do you have idea about this?
sheetumanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 18:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro !! I have heard that now one does not need to enter Kanpur rather there is some bypass that one can take. Do you have idea about this?
True sheetumanu, There is a bypass made through Kanpur. You will not be required to drive in Kanpur. Safe driving
<Badguy> is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 18:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
yes.
Earlier one couldn't go over the flyover which starts before kanpur and goes all the way to allahbad and had to go though narrow road crossing entire kanpur then entering city and crossing ganga bridge.
Now one has to take the flyover and it birfurcates and lands you into the city, you have to cross 2-3 kms stretch and then you get the cross the new bridge over ganga river.
Road to unnao has also been repaired.
Its not much of a hassle as it used to be earlier.
abhijeetsng is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 21:16   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do not even think of NH24 even though you may have to do almost 100km more.

Quote:
Yes, NH2 leads you to Rama Devi and then onto NH25 to Lucknow. However a good 15km is still work in progress (after a decade plus) so in the rush hour Lal Bangla, Harjinder Nagar etc. can be bad.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 14:13   #39
BHPian

Bumping into this old thread!!
I am driving down to lucknow from noida this weekend

Below are my specific queries

1) I have gone till Kanpur earlier too. There is a big flyover at start of kanpur. Do I need to take that one to reach lucknow? Google map show me that it would lead me to janshi. I am confused here

2) Could anyone list down CNG pumps enroute. I know there is a CNG near to firozabad. Is there any other pump near kanpur near to NH 2. I don't want to devaite much from kanpur

3) Anything else to take care of?

Thanks a lot
sparkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 14:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
Bumping into this old thread!!
I am driving down to lucknow from noida this weekend

Below are my specific queries

1) I have gone till Kanpur earlier too. There is a big flyover at start of kanpur. Do I need to take that one to reach lucknow? Google map show me that it would lead me to janshi. I am confused here

2) Could anyone list down CNG pumps enroute. I know there is a CNG near to firozabad. Is there any other pump near kanpur near to NH 2. I don't want to devaite much from kanpur

3) Anything else to take care of?

Thanks a lot
The long flyover you see at the start of Kanpur is the NH2 Kanpur bypass which is a 25-km elevated road. This is what you take to go towards Allahabad/ Calcutta.

To go to Lucknow, take this elevated road for 19 kms till you come to the first exit (no markings though) which will take you down to the Ramadevi Chowk and straight onto the Ganga River Bridge & the highway to Kanpur. Don't look for any signboards though - there are none. Ramadevi Chowk is messy but don't despair - it is a direct road that avoids getting lost inside Kanpur city.
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote