Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 14th November 2008, 10:45   #46
Senior - BHPian

@saurabh,
do post some full resolution pics for our pc as wallpaper.
i have already made one of your pics as wallpaper.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 12:14   #47
BHPian

Had been a silent follower of the post but couldn't resist myself from chipping in as soon as Scotland came into the picture! Haven't been to many other countries, but Scotland indeed is a place to be, and once is never enough. I agree with 1100D, even being alone in the beauty and tranquility is something to be cherished. (OT) After the E320 in US, I wonder what's his next drive to the Isles is going to be on!

Saurabh, with all the fundas on 'how to handle bears' post-trip, I was wondering how would you have reacted in case you did encounter one. More so when the 4th wheel was doing its own trick! In a way it was good that you didn't know about the bear populace then!

Beautiful fall colours, must have been a struggle to keep the camera away.
Lumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 12:27   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumina View Post
After the E320 in US, I wonder what's his next drive to the Isles is going to be on!
A local train maybe. Jokes apart, fortune and money permitting, it would be the Fiat 1100d.
1100D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 13:53   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
A local train maybe. Jokes apart, fortune and money permitting, it would be the Fiat 1100d.
Not a joke. The route from Fort William to Mallaig is considered to be one of the most scenic train routes in the world.
Apologies, this is way off the topic!
Old 14th November 2008, 21:02   #50
BHPian

[quote=Lumina;1052584]
Saurabh, with all the fundas on 'how to handle bears' post-trip, I was wondering how would you have reacted in case you did encounter one. More so when the 4th wheel was doing its own trick! In a way it was good that you didn't know about the bear populace then!
quote]

Indeed it was helpful in a way of not being aware of the bear menace. Coming to think of it now, I really do not know how I would have reacted if I came face to face with one.
Saurabh M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 21:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

Ignorance, they say is bliss. By the way, you didn't see the bears. But make no mistake, the bears did see you and that's precisely why you didn't see them !!! lol
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 21:31   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Ignorance, they say is bliss. By the way, you didn't see the bears. But make no mistake, the bears did see you and that's precisely why you didn't see them !!! lol

Not that menacing, is he??
Instincts..and I am sure he would have followed the last line of your signature, to the word.
Old 14th November 2008, 22:46   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumina View Post

Not that menacing, is he??
Nope Lumina, Sudipta-da wrote exactly what he knew, and not as a joke. Bears (infact many wild animals) try to stay away from human interaction.
One is infact found lucky if they get to see one. And when they do, its better not to intimidate/threaten/scare them away (its their territory). Simple jungle facts.
1100D is online now   Reply With Quote