Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 18th November 2008, 11:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Lovely. What did thailavar drink and what places did he rename the next day?
Thalivar thondargaloda [aka family] ponadhala, verum fanta than kudicharu So, none of the place on the return for that bagyam.

That did not stop me from renaming places though.

Yes while going I did rename one place. You can read the thread in the beginning to know which place was that. Hehehe

Quote:
And guys, it was mentioned that the 800 was never allowed to be the last in the convey, but in both the photo sets, the 800 is the last one? What happened?
Good question. Where is Khan? Why did you overtook M800 sir
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 11:56   #62
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pics Hari, Keep them coming !!
Those individual car pics were excellent, Thanks for the effort.

HappyWheels, Khan overtook it just before reaching the resort, may be a km or two. Believe me, Khan was the last one in the entire trip and he implemented the plan to perfection. Or is it that Hari positioned the pics wrongly. If i remember correctly, Khan came last.

Abhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
That did not stop me from renaming places though.
But we all discovered "Perez Point". Isnt it?

Abhi

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th November 2008 at 12:47. Reason: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 12:44   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
...Khan overtook it just before reaching the resort, may be a km or two... Or is it that Hari positioned the pics wrongly. If i remember correctly, Khan came last...
My first though was the wrong positioning of the photos, when the first set was posted by Luke. But then with the second one also the same, reckoned that it might not be.

Maybe Khan might have had a short sprint at the last moment, knowing well that the 800 won't be out of sight and all are close by.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 12:45   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Lovely. What did thailavar drink and what places did he rename the next day?
Just Miranda. Though I had bought a 12 year old scotch whisky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
"Thailavar" & "Big Boss" : well named!

And guys, it was mentioned that the 800 was never allowed to be the last in the convey, but in both the photo sets, the 800 is the last one? What happened?
Khan was last to come and join in. He never overtook anybody. I feel the placement of the pics might be wrong. Hope I'am correct, right Hari?
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 13:08   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
A few Team-BHP families had Fun & Frolic this weekend at Vihangama Holiday Retreat in Thirthahalli.
A selective, exclusive, not-open-to-all team bhp family meet! now thats a first!!

Nice pics, though didnt see all of them. Pages take ages to load.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 13:39   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
A selective, exclusive, not-open-to-all team bhp family meet! now thats a first!!
Amitoj, This was not an official TBHP meet.
This was among friends who met through TBHP and kept regularly meeting in bangalore and one fine day planned a trip with family.

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 13:52   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hari the sunrise pic is really awesome dude. I think you should focussed a wee little more and taken the shot patiently.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 14:02   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Amitoj, This was not an official TBHP meet.
This was among friends who met through TBHP and kept regularly meeting in bangalore and one fine day planned a trip with family.

Abhi
Sure mate. No need to tender an explaination. It was just an observation.
What is an "official" meet anyways? One that has an open invite, right?
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 15:07   #69
BHPian

Well, after so many teasers and pointers to the ‘big one’, the ‘Perez point’, “show stopper” and fun ‘rolled’ into one I guess I must get onto the task of writing down my first travelogue and man, what a trip it has been for me!!! Sounds clichéd but I really have a new outlook at life and relationships after the events of the last 3 days
We started quite early in the morning and met up with the Khans at HSBC on b’ghatta road from where we proceeded through the nice road to meet the rest of the gang at Pavithra. Awesome breakfast and quick intros done and we were off with Khan being given the role of the “sweeper” by Hari and me making sure that he did that effectively.
Khan Saab I truly do feel bad for you and the 1.6, I can just imagine the pain of following a car with exactly half the CCs as your own but Mr. Khan did it without a complaint and am sure with a lot of itch under his right leg egging him to just floor it. Thanks Khan on that.
Well, this done, the drive was pretty ok although at places I realized the state of my suspension and every plastic piece in the car that rattled, sometimes in unison with the sub and sometimes on its own beat. Numerous stops, photo shoots later we reached Vihangama and I was completely awestruck with natures beauty at its best and in all its various hues and colors. The next 24 hours or so was among the best 24 hours of the trip with the river, the boat ride, a game of DC and the curtains came down on day 1 of our trip

The next day morning however started differently. For one, I woke at 6:30 on a Sunday!!! and second, I actually washed my car personally, something I have not done in the last 3 years of taking it over from dad. So happy was I with the condition that the car was in and few of the cosmetic changes that I have made that I actually got into a photoshoot of the car and there she stood, shining in her glory and reflecting light off her freshly washed body. And all the while I was thinking that I am going to send these pics to dad and prove to him that I can actually take care of things and was no longer the butter fingered nincompoop that left home 5 years ago to pursue my studies and then work.Post leaving Vihangama we drove through some of the most picturesque terrain that I have driven ever and we stopped for Lunch at planters’ court where I commented to myself that I wish I could stay back in this town for some more time and enjoy the town. Little did I know that the man upstairs would say “tathaastu” and execute the plan in his own inimitable manner!!!

We drove out of planters’ court and post filling up fuel we started out towards Bangalore. Somewhere after leaving chikmagalur town ‘it’ happened, an experience that would change in more ways than one a lot of things for me. While executing what I considered a regular overtaking maneuver on a bus, I got sideswiped on my rear left wheel and I heard a big crash and felt my car being thrown out of control and 10 harrowing and screaming seconds later we came to a stand still in a field about 15 feet lower than the level of the road. And as is common with every time something like this happens had absolutely unknown villagers rushing towards us and asking if we were ok. At this point all I knew was that my car, the one that has never claimed a buck from the insurance company in the last 17 years was badly damaged but me and the lady sitting in it were alive, well and absolutely unhurt without even a scratch. Then I hear a known voice asking me if we were ok and I turned up to see Deepak standing there asking me if I was ok and I signaled and told him we were fine. I switched off the engine, which amazingly was still on and running. We stepped out of the car and I stood there trying to see the extent of the damage only to realize that in my fall I had crashed and destroyed a bee hive and all hell broke loose with bees buzzing all around me and one actually biting me, the only ‘physical wound’ I carry on me from this experience. The next half an hour though was an absolute flurry of activity and honestly all I remember is my guardian angels, the fellow bhpians who by now had been intimated over the phone of my crash descending upon the scene and my car being driven, lifted, carried, pushed and shoved by all of them along with some local help to finally reach terra firma where I inspected her again for all the damage. Post all this was a flurry of activity with the cops, the car being towed to a MASS, and after bidding goodbye to half the gang we finally got some food in our stomachs and a hotel to lay our tired bodies and sleep for the night. The next morning began with a quick breakfast and 6 of us descended upon Amantran motors, the MASS where we had left the car last night. What followed was a lot of discussion on the extent of damage to the car, and my finances and one very friendly Mr. D’souza from the MASS who kept all of us entertained with his non stop banter.

Would rather let Hari explain that part of the story. Well, after almost 5 hours of discussion, negotiation and some plain and simple haggling and maska by hari and the ladies we were told that the entire repairs including a coat of paint would make me poorer by around 20k and would take 3 weeks to deliver
After a quick lunch and 40 winks we started for Bangalore and finally after a couple of breaks and photo shoots we reached home at around 10:30PM and there came to an end the trip which started with an sms from Hari on Friday afternoon and ended the way it did. But all I can say is, I had the best time of my life and would give up everything for another trip like this minus the whole crash and the heartbreak.

At this stage I’d like to close this travelogue with a lot of thank yous from Sherrel and I and my parents and sister as well, very small words to say for all the gang did for me in this time of need. Thank you guys and ladies and kids for all that you did and the sheer comfort that it brought to me personally of seeing all of you right there with us when I was still completely shocked by what had just happened. Ultimately all I can say is we are not called ‘TEAM’ bhp for nothing. Will keep all of you posted on the progress as the car, now christened “The phoenix” by Sherrel rises again from the ashes and dust to rejoin us all on the highway of life

Posting some pics now

How to relax after a tiring drive and some good lunch

Name:  How to relax after a long drive.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  79.7 KB

Put and end to all specualtion...Khan was following the M800

Name:  put an end to all speculation khan was the sweeper.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  69.1 KB
Dos and Donts at the resort...

Name:  Dos and Donts.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  33.9 KB

Let me try and enter the water while mom is not watching

Name:  Mummy is not looking.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  41.9 KB

Damn, caught by mom

Name:  Damn i was so close to the water.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  51.7 KB

If you cant beat them, convince them to join you

Name:  cant beat em convince them to join you.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  47.0 KB

What do you think they're discussing, OTR or camera lenses?

Name:  Khan and samurai.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  57.5 KB

Well, the next ones say it all

Name:  Bonnet post crash.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  78.0 KB
Name:  Rear wheel.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  53.6 KB
Name:  side profile.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  63.2 KB

Cheers,

Perez.
Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 15:18   #70
Team-BHP Support

The remaining shots from me.

My wife and the little one walking towards the river.
Name:  PB152028.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  342.0 KB

Watching the river people.
Name:  PB152067.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  282.4 KB

These river people.
Name:  PB152068.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  238.9 KB

Testing the water...
Name:  PB152069.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  182.6 KB

A variation of the same.
Name:  PB1520691.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  169.7 KB

Group shot
Name:  PB152074.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  240.8 KB

I love sand.
Name:  PB152076.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  323.0 KB

Why do I always look stupid in photographs? (He was actually saying that when I shot this one) It happens to most of us Perez.
Name:  PB152077.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  163.0 KB

Name:  PB152078.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  146.5 KB

Name:  PB152082.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  59.3 KB

He is cold!!!
Name:  PB152079.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  225.8 KB

Packup time.
Name:  PB152081.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  182.3 KB

And the convoy leaves back to the resort.
Name:  PB152084.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  156.3 KB

The areca plantation
Name:  PB152088.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  333.5 KB

We were told those vines on the tree are vanilla.
Name:  PB152090.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  369.3 KB

The river boating and cave.

Name:  PB152092.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  180.1 KB

Name:  PB152094.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  298.0 KB

Name:  PB152098.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  251.0 KB

Name:  PB152107.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  176.6 KB

Name:  PB152108.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  243.0 KB
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 15:25   #71
BHPian

Sorry guys ! I am last but one among the participants to post. What a meet it was. This is going to be the most memorable meet. Some randome pics from my side:

After having tasty thatte Idly, with Perez ahead and Khan bhai following behind, we are on the move.
Fun & Frolic with Family: A Sojourn at Vihangama-dscn1171.jpg

Rear View and front view
Fun & Frolic with Family: A Sojourn at Vihangama-dscn1173.jpg

The Redlining
Fun & Frolic with Family: A Sojourn at Vihangama-dscn1194.jpg

Some pics taken @ Vihangama

Men at work
Fun & Frolic with Family: A Sojourn at Vihangama-dscn1248.jpg

My Sparky
Fun & Frolic with Family: A Sojourn at Vihangama-dscn1271.jpg
Fun & Frolic with Family: A Sojourn at Vihangama-dscn1281.jpg

Some pics of return journey

Man in Black
Fun & Frolic with Family: A Sojourn at Vihangama-dscn1301.jpg

Man and woman in Black
Fun & Frolic with Family: A Sojourn at Vihangama-dscn1302.jpg

Ladies in Black
Fun & Frolic with Family: A Sojourn at Vihangama-dscn1306.jpg

On the way back, we had the pleasure of traveling with Vaseem's kids for some time and we had lot of fun
Fun & Frolic with Family: A Sojourn at Vihangama-dscn1307.jpg
Fun & Frolic with Family: A Sojourn at Vihangama-dscn1309.jpg
Fun & Frolic with Family: A Sojourn at Vihangama-dscn1316.jpg
Fun & Frolic with Family: A Sojourn at Vihangama-dscn1319.jpg

Return journey after Chikmagalur was action packed, and man in the thick of action - the Perez...
BomBatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 15:59   #72
Senior - BHPian

Well the Last Action Hero has spoken, but before I get to the crash and it's aftershocks, I'll just try and post some more happy pics,

How Dumb can one get??
Name:  40 what the.JPG
Views: 550
Size:  72.3 KB

Ok, Let me explain it in simpler terms
Name:  41 ok ok.JPG
Views: 570
Size:  50.0 KB

Definition of Edge of The Seat Entertainment
Name:  42 edge of the seat entertainment.JPG
Views: 874
Size:  70.8 KB

Abhi in Action
Name:  43 Abhi in action.JPG
Views: 603
Size:  39.2 KB

Let's take a break
Name:  44 break.JPG
Views: 531
Size:  71.8 KB
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 16:07   #73
Senior - BHPian

Sunday 16th November 2008

Dawn
Name:  45 Dawn.JPG
Views: 556
Size:  49.4 KB

Rose @ Dawn
Name:  46 Rose.JPG
Views: 602
Size:  28.8 KB

Vihangama Service Station
Name:  47 Car service.JPG
Views: 556
Size:  90.4 KB

Bombatt Boating
Name:  48 boating.JPG
Views: 541
Size:  135.7 KB

The Rock
Name:  49 rock formation.JPG
Views: 547
Size:  91.3 KB

Some more views
Name:  50 Rock Formation.JPG
Views: 539
Size:  89.7 KB

Another one
Name:  51 Rock formation.JPG
Views: 565
Size:  72.4 KB

Now, is that the washerman?? Or is it an Arsonist??
Name:  52 Mjothi Dhobi.JPG
Views: 560
Size:  122.9 KB

Result of the Vihangama Service
Name:  53 All clean.JPG
Views: 525
Size:  139.9 KB
Old 18th November 2008, 16:15   #74
Senior - BHPian

Now the group pictures

Ladies with the rides
Name:  54 Ladies and the rides.JPG
Views: 548
Size:  116.1 KB

The Gang with their rides
Name:  55 Gang with rides.JPG
Views: 804
Size:  122.0 KB

The Official Group Picture
Name:  56 Official group snap.JPG
Views: 710
Size:  137.9 KB
L to R
Bombatt & Family, Snaronikar & family, Vaseem & family, Perez & Sherrel, Mjothi & Family, Lukeskywalker & family, Khan Sultan & family, Akroys
Old 18th November 2008, 16:49   #75
Senior - BHPian

nice picnic by bangy bhpians.
in last pic of official group pic, juniors are given the right pose for pics. look at jr. akroy, jr. snaronikar, jr. mjothi.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote