Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 3rd December 2008, 19:00   #16
BHPian

Hi Rohit,
I had taken the pune-umbraj-chiplun-sangameshwar-ganapatipule route on my trip in August. Roads were in decent condition then, although there were some short but really bad stretches near patan and in kumbharli ghat.
But remember that i did the trip in the holidays around Aug 15 and it had rained very heavily in the entire belt just a week earlier. The roads might be in a much better state now.

There's another route via Chandni chowk(pune)-Mulshi-Tamhini-Mangaon(NH17)-Nivali phata (NH17), but i have not travelled on this route (do intend to take it on my next trip into konkan).
AviatoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 09:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
By far ,ganpatiphule has one of the cleanest beaches in india....

Do post the pics of the "Swayambhu ganesh" if you have clicked it!

I believe its one of the ashtavinayak's isnt it?

Thanks for sharing the pics!
here is the snap of temple,

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Nice pics and thread. By seeing the sight of Sea and beach, I can recall the trip to Goa month back. BTW, what is the best time to visit this place?
Hi Snaronikar

The best time to visit is during middle of rainning seasons or right after rainny season.The roads are pot hole free and every where there is greenary.
uday

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitrk View Post
Hi Uday, Lovely snaps. Now I am even more charged up for my GanpatiPule trip plannd on 20th Dec. I think you know the roads better in that area. I need some advice for the route from Pune. Based on my internet search I have zeroed on two routes.

1. pune-satara-umbraj-right turn to patan-malharpeth-patan-helwak-kumbharli ghat-chiplun-left turn at junction on nh17 to ward goa-sangameshwar-right turn before hathkhamba toward ganapatipule-ganapatipule.

2. Pune-Exp way- Khopoliexit - Pen - Wadkhal NH17 - hathkhamba - GanpatiPule.

Do you have any information on the first route?

Thanks for posting nice travelblog. BTW I have booked the Konkani Huts for my stay.

Dear Rohitrk,

please read my previous revied on ganapatipule where I have mention which route to take here is the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...apatipule.html (Mumbai to Ganapatipule)

The first route is the best route for people travelling to ganapatipule, But you will miss the beautiful ghat Kashedi which comes before chiplum.To enjoy this streach you will have to take the second route, which will be bit too long. you take the call. I have posted one snap of the ghat section.
Like I have said I have been to ganapatipule every year, and I did stayed at Konkani hut, its good but sea view cottage has the best view, chech the snaps which I have posted of the cottage.
uday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Wondering why no travelogue on Ganapathipule! Very nice place. I had been to Ganapathipule some 10-12 years back when I was working in Mumbai. One of the most beautiful temples. I fondly remember the "pradakshina" of the temple above the sea. I remember my uncle paying some amount to the priests for some special pooja which they perform once in a year and send the prasada by post !

Please post some pics of the temple if you have clicked.
Hi BomBatt,

I have posted the temple snap.

uday

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Great pictures you got. Been hearing a lot about this place. Guess the beach is a bit dangerous though. Please confirm
the beach is not dangerous at all, enjoy your stay.

uday
Attached Thumbnails
Trip to Ganapatipule-img_0715.jpg  

Last edited by Zappo : 9th December 2008 at 16:53. Reason: Do not make so many back to back posts please. All merged into one.
udaydesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 10:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Dear Rohitrk,

please read my previous revied on ganapatipule where I have mention which route to take here is the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...apatipule.html (Mumbai to Ganapatipule)

The first route is the best route for people travelling to ganapatipule, But you will miss the beautiful ghat Kashedi which comes before chiplum.To enjoy this streach you will have to take the second route, which will be bit too long. you take the call. I have posted one snap of the ghat section.
Like I have said I have been to ganapatipule every year, and I did stayed at Konkani hut, its good but sea view cottage has the best view, chech the snaps which I have posted of the cottage.
uday
In case you don't want to miss out on Kashedi Ghat, but also not go via Pen as it is far more longer route for Puneite, suggest you go Via Mahabaleshwar - Poladpur route. Ambenali ghat ( Mahabaleshwar to Poladpur) 40 Kms down slope is a driver's paradise with some awesome scenary.

takecare & drive safely
rkavthekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 11:06   #19
BHPian

hi guys,
ganapatpule is a real nice destination.when you visit the place take time to see the fort of jaigad which is about 16 to 20 kms north of ganapatipule.the drive is beautiful along the coast and totally secluded.in fact if you have a 4 wd you can drive right up to the beach. when i last visited they were doing a recee to see the feasibility of introducing coral watching / scuba diving/etc. in this area.Also take adrive to the town of ratnagiri which is about 25 kms south.places to see there are the fort , marine museum , Thiba palace , tilak smarak ,etc. also the drive is one of the best in this section especially the new road about 1.50 kms along the coast (complete with armco barrier)hill on one side and sea on the other ( reminds you of The US pacific coast highway)
cheers
rallystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 11:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkavthekar View Post
In case you don't want to miss out on Kashedi Ghat, but also not go via Pen as it is far more longer route for Puneite, suggest you go Via Mahabaleshwar - Poladpur route. Ambenali ghat ( Mahabaleshwar to Poladpur) 40 Kms down slope is a driver's paradise with some awesome scenary.

takecare & drive safely
Yes very correct. I missed this route.

Uday

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallystar View Post
hi guys,
ganapatpule is a real nice destination.when you visit the place take time to see the fort of jaigad which is about 16 to 20 kms north of ganapatipule.the drive is beautiful along the coast and totally secluded.in fact if you have a 4 wd you can drive right up to the beach. when i last visited they were doing a recee to see the feasibility of introducing coral watching / scuba diving/etc. in this area.Also take adrive to the town of ratnagiri which is about 25 kms south.places to see there are the fort , marine museum , Thiba palace , tilak smarak ,etc. also the drive is one of the best in this section especially the new road about 1.50 kms along the coast (complete with armco barrier)hill on one side and sea on the other ( reminds you of The US pacific coast highway)
cheers
I totall agree with you on the roads, when I visited in Nov, the roads were excellent. Regarding the Jaygad fort, there is nothing inside the fort, the reason is that this fort was used for starage purpose. But the visit itself is worth.
uday

Last edited by Zappo : 9th December 2008 at 16:55.
Old 4th December 2008, 11:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Very nice pic. Is there are lot of option for stay?
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 13:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Very nice pic. Is there are lot of option for stay?
yes there is but MTDC is bang on the beach, while all private resort are far from the beach.
Old 4th December 2008, 16:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
yes there is but MTDC is bang on the beach, while all private resort are far from the beach.
Ok so you want to say the MTDC is the best in there.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2008, 16:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Ok so you want to say the MTDC is the best in there.
Yes MTDC is the best, but if you can shell out 4500/- per night then there is Krishanli beach resort which has its own private beach. This rate is during off season, but prise can go up to 29,000/- for 5 day 4 night including lunch & dinner. Think.

Uday
Old 8th December 2008, 17:21   #25
BHPian

Would Jan be a good time to visit Ganapatiphule i.e. how cold would be the water and the climate at that time?
Also wondering whether MTDC has an online website to book rooms? I know about their office near Mantralaya. Do they have any other offices in Mumbai?
Would appreciate updates from the experts staying/have gone to Ganapatiphule.

Thanks
f1fan

Last edited by f1fan : 8th December 2008 at 17:24.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 17:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would Jan be a good time to visit Ganapatiphule i.e. how cold would be the water and the climate at that time?
Also wondering whether MTDC has an online website to book rooms? I know about their office near Mantralaya. Do they have any other offices in Mumbai?
Would appreciate updates from the experts staying/have gone to Ganapatiphule.
Jan would be perfect, water would be as it always is.
And Yes, MTDC have an online booking facility, that's where I did my booking and it's quite efficient.

What is an expert on staying in a place? Dis you mean a local resident??
Regards,
Hari.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 8th December 2008 at 17:35.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 18:38   #27

One of the routes to go to Ganpatipule is-

Pune-Paud-Mulshi-Tamhini Ghat-Mangaon (on NH17)-then go on towards Ganpatipule.

I had travelled this route 2 weeks ago. The road from Pune to Paud is quite good but the the from Paud to Mulshi is quite bad. Its not a case of road with potholes - rather it is a case of finding the road among the potholes! Also Tamhini Ghat is a bit risky in the night so please plan to travel during the day. Mulshi lake and surrounding areas are very beautiful and Tamhini Ghat is quite scenic. Tamhini Ghat is again under road upgradation so its not in too good a condition.

You can refer to my travelogue - Pune to Harihareshwar posted about 2 weeks ago.

Regards, Raj
hiraj2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 11:45   #28
BHPian

Hi Uday,

I and family are planning to go to Ganpatipule in Jan end. As per online web of MTDC, I see the dates are full. I still have to personally call the mumbai office and check the booking availability.

However are there any other good hotels to stay with a decent budget? Any contact nos you have...

Thanks..
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 12:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rudrah,
Try out this resort:

http://krishnaliresorts.com/index.swf

Also an Israeli backpacker told me about various guest houses at Ganaptipule which offered clean budget accomodation, but don't have any numbers though.
Regards,
Hari.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 16:38   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
What is an expert on staying in a place? Dis you mean a local resident??
Regards,
Hari.
Yup... I meant a local from that area.
Also thanks for your info. I am debating over the Konkani Cottage or Sea View Cottage now.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote