Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 10th December 2008, 10:39   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Hi Rudrah,
Try out this resort:

http://krishnaliresorts.com/index.swf

Also an Israeli backpacker told me about various guest houses at Ganaptipule which offered clean budget accomodation, but don't have any numbers though.
Regards,
Hari.
Oops thats too costly dude!

Few years back i had been there with my friends where we stayed at guest houses, quite good n cheap too! May be I've to try that but at the risk of w/o booking in adv since I dont have any contact nos.
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 10:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
where we stayed at guest houses, quite good n cheap too! May be I've to try that but at the risk of w/o booking in adv since I dont have any contact nos.
what do you mean by guest house?
simple hotels/ lodges/ home stay?
i have some addresses about hotels and homestay in ganapatipule.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 10:45   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
what do you mean by guest house?
simple hotels/ lodges/ home stay?
i have some addresses about hotels and homestay in ganapatipule.
Yup, I meant by resident's who give their rooms on rent!

Please do let me know about the hotels as well as homes stay which you know are good for family purpose!

Thanks..
Old 10th December 2008, 10:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please do let me know about the hotels as well as homes stay which you know are good for family purpose! .
i will pm you the details within next hour.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 11:21   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, I meant by resident's who give their rooms on rent!

Please do let me know about the hotels as well as homes stay which you know are good for family purpose!

Thanks..
try LANDMARK resort nos are 022-24042501
udaydesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 17:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
try LANDMARK resort nos are 022-24042501
Thanks Uday! I'll check that
Old 31st March 2010, 16:35   #37
BHPian

Hello

Can you guys please help me. Planning a trip to Ganapatiphule on Friday with return on Sunday morning. I can leave only after 2 pm on Friday from Bombay. Since we are travelling by my zen (and i don't drive too fast), i estimate we will reach at the earliest by 10.30 pm. There will be 4 of us (3 girls); hence we would prefer to have a hotel booking before hand, instead of hunting around for rooms late into the night (especially if we get delayed beyond my estimated time).

We have been trying to book the MTDC and other hotels (landmark etc.), but they are all booked out. Can any one suggest any budget hotels, decent home stays which we should try and book? any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Spandan
manolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 00:23   #38
BHPian

Default Re: Trip to Ganapatipule

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
Hello

Can you guys please help me. Planning a trip to Ganapatiphule on Friday with return on Sunday morning. I can leave only after 2 pm on Friday from Bombay. Since we are travelling by my zen (and i don't drive too fast), i estimate we will reach at the earliest by 10.30 pm. There will be 4 of us (3 girls); hence we would prefer to have a hotel booking before hand, instead of hunting around for rooms late into the night (especially if we get delayed beyond my estimated time).

We have been trying to book the MTDC and other hotels (landmark etc.), but they are all booked out. Can any one suggest any budget hotels, decent home stays which we should try and book? any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Spandan
Check this one - Hotel Krishna Sea View Ganpatipule | Hotels in Ganpatipule | Resorts in Ganpatipule | On line booking for Hotels | Resorts in Ganpatipule
I never stayed there but booked for next weekend. Goodluck and enjoy.
amk_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 15:30   #39
BHPian

amk_2009 thanks for sharing the link. Do let us know how your stay goes and route information as well. Have a nice and safe trip!!
sindabad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 01:16   #40
BHPian

This hotel is nice. Great food though a bit expensive. Owner is a very nice person. Upgraded my both rooms without even asking for. Recommended.
amk_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 23:00   #41
BHPian

Smile Inputs for Mumbai - Ganapatipule Road Trip

Dear All,

I am planning a road trip to Mumbai - Ganapatipule and back in mid of sept. This will be a short break with family( wife and 7 yrs old kid)

Wanted to know:

1) Best route?

2) How much time should I budget for ( I have 2 PM check in at hotel in Ganapatipule)

3) Any other tips for this road trip?

Thanks in advance & Regards,
Balpreet
balpreetsingh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 09:52   #42
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Inputs for Mumbai - Ganapatipule Road Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by balpreetsingh View Post
1) Best route?

2) How much time should I budget for ( I have 2 PM check in at hotel in Ganapatipule)

3) Any other tips for this road trip?
Balpreet,

Answering your queries:
1) The best route is NH17. An alternate route is Pune E way till Khalapur and then Khopoli Pali route to reach Pali and then continue on NH17 till Ganpatipule

2) You will need a minimum of 10 hrs to reach Ganpatipule. Since you stay in Navi Mumbai minus an hour or so. There are ghat sections and you are travelling in festive season which means you need to account the traffic also. For a 2 pm check in, moving out of Navi Mumbai at 4 am in the morning would be ideal.

3) Enjoy the road trip - thats the best tip.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 09:58   #43
BHPian

Default Re: Inputs for Mumbai - Ganapatipule Road Trip

Two routes are available, one is Mumbai Goa road and another is Mumbai Bangalore road. The first route is shorter, but most of the road is without even a divider. So you need to drive cautiously. The second route is longer by almost 150 kms (via Satara, Malkapur, Hatkhamba) but most of the road is a 4 laned highway with divider. (atleast the NH4 part of it).

Goa road passes through villages and towns, so expect lot of local vehicles, It also has sharp turns but is very scenic though. NH4 is a typical highway, not much scenery but less tension

Its a journey of 9 - 10 hours (depending on how many and how long halts you take considering family travel)

P.S. During rainy season, Goa road is full of fun but you need drive very carefully.
vinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 12:05   #44
BHPian

Hey guys wanted some information on lonavala. Staying in Mumbai with relatives in pune never needed to stay in lonavala. But looking for a good place for 3 adults with two 3 month old babies for 1 night . Kindly advise of a good stay for the next week any day mon-fri. Want to avoid weekends.
vinitbhavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2016, 16:06   #45

Hi BHPians, am travelling Mumbai to Ganpatipule, 17 March for 3 nights in my Innova. Which is the fastest route - NH17 or NH4 via Karad, Umbraj, Patan, Chiplun. Former is ~ 330 kms while the latter is ~ 470 kms. Am told NH17 is not in good shape and slow. I prefer faster, safer routes even though a bit longer. Example, I always drive Mumbai to Goa via NH4, Chorla and Belgaum. Thanks in advance.
askanal is offline   Reply With Quote