Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 12th December 2008, 21:54   #31
BHPian

Anup,
Thanks for the suggestion , Yes taking a guide is considered as high priority for my trip.
@ dreamdiesel Thanks a lot for the PM
--Ravi
potlaravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 11:54   #32
BHPian

May be slightly OT. Did you have to fill antifreeze diesel while in Ooty? Would a petrol car too require antifreeze petrol (if there are any)? Thanks.
I am driving this weekend to Ooty from bangalore.
thalavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 14:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
May be slightly OT. Did you have to fill antifreeze diesel while in Ooty? Would a petrol car too require antifreeze petrol (if there are any)? Thanks.
I am driving this weekend to Ooty from bangalore.
petrol cars do not require antifreeze at temperatures that you would encounter in ooty , but diesel cars may need it during harsh winters otherwise they are also fine with normal diesel.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 18:04   #34

Thanks for all the detailed information. Driving to Mysore, Ooty, and Coonoor. I have a complete list of places to visit where to eat etc from this thread. Shall post a detailed report once I come back.
rajhiremath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 23:47   #35
BHPian

Nice travelogue n excellent pictures. Itz as good as being there... Thanx.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 04:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
petrol cars do not require antifreeze at temperatures that you would encounter in ooty , but diesel cars may need it during harsh winters otherwise they are also fine with normal diesel.
IMHO Ooty does not require antifreeze diesel. When temp are below 4-5 degree C..antifreeze is required. Normal petrol and diesel would do for Ooty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajhiremath View Post
Thanks for all the detailed information. Driving to Mysore, Ooty, and Coonoor. I have a complete list of places to visit where to eat etc from this thread. Shall post a detailed report once I come back.
Enjoy the drive. Eagerly awaiting your detailed report once you are back from the drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Nice travelogue n excellent pictures. Itz as good as being there... Thanx.
Thanks JMaruru. Glad you liked the travelogue.
dreamdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 07:29   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Try to go there during off season. thats in winter when is not much crowded.
Thats is the key. Going to ooty during season time or during rainy days, should be avoided, at any cost.
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 10:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMHO Ooty does not require antifreeze diesel. When temp are below 4-5 degree C..antifreeze is required. Normal petrol and diesel would do for Ooty.

I know this is off topic on this thread but here it goes. depending on where you stay in ooty sometimes the temperature sometimes do drop below 4 deg celcius thats why i said " harsh " winters . There have been instances where ooty temperatures have dropped below 0 deg celcius also.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 10:29   #39
BHPian

Hey nice write up Dream Diesel,
I have planned a similar kind of trip,infact its a little more Blore -Ooty-Coonoor- kodaikanal -Salem -Dharmapuri -Krishnagiri- Hosur-Bangalore ,in my multijet with my four frds,we will leave on 25th Dec by 4: 30 a.m and will be back on 29th night.All bookings has been done so now the only thing in mind is ll the temperatures & other factors affects us.I have taken a lot of inputs form you & The Great King of travelogues Mr.Roy.

I would still appreciate some more suggestions form our pals here who have done this trip.
jazzy_2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 11:43   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Hey nice write up Dream Diesel,
I have planned a similar kind of trip,infact its a little more Blore -Ooty-Coonoor- kodaikanal -Salem -Dharmapuri -Krishnagiri- Hosur-Bangalore ,in my multijet with my four frds,we will leave on 25th Dec by 4: 30 a.m and will be back on 29th night.All bookings has been done so now the only thing in mind is ll the temperatures & other factors affects us.I have taken a lot of inputs form you & The Great King of travelogues Mr.Roy.

I would still appreciate some more suggestions form our pals here who have done this trip.
Thanks jazzy. Coonoor - Kodaikanal is around 240kms. Most direct route is Coonoor - Coimbatore - Palani - Kodaikanal. Not sure about the road conditions. Temperatures in Ooty should be max 20C to min 14C around this time of the year. Days are pleasant but nights can be really cold.

Carefull about the roads after Gundalpet on the way to Ooty. Take it real slow if you love your car. This 10km stretch can even put SUVs to shame. After that its pure nirvana.
Old 17th December 2008, 15:50   #41
BHPian

Quote:
This 10km stretch can even put SUVs to shame. After that its pure nirvana.
Thanks for the update ,
I need one more help over here, there are 2 roads to reach from Coimbatore to kodaikanal which one to take the one you said does not comes on our way......
I was thinking to do ( Palladam-udumalaipettai-dindigul-kodaikanal )Help need people
jazzy_2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 02:30   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Thanks for the update ,
I need one more help over here, there are 2 roads to reach from Coimbatore to kodaikanal which one to take the one you said does not comes on our way......
I was thinking to do ( Palladam-udumalaipettai-dindigul-kodaikanal )Help need people
You can get more info in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...odaikanal.html (bangalore - ooty - kodaikanal)
Old 16th March 2009, 14:27   #43
VKJ
BHPian

Hi dreamdiesel/GODWIN,

I have sent you a PM, please respond.

Thanks & Regards,
VKJ
VKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 21:14   #44
BHPian

An excellent travelogue helpful for travelers. Thanks a lot.
ashwinsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 10:02   #45
BHPian

Default July and August in Ooty

hello

Please can somebody tell me if July or August is a very bad time to visit Ooty. I like the fog and misty look, which is the reason I am planning on visiting Ooty. Can I get some fog in the month of July or August.

thanks
Satish
skmami is offline   Reply With Quote