Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 18th December 2008, 01:17   #16

Very much true. Ponmudi is also a boozing point for Trivandrumites. Infact among my trips, only once I didn't touch booze at all, during the honey moon trip

Originally Posted by Nutty Nair View Post
You forgot to mention the drinks you will have in your hand!cheers:
sudheeshnairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2014, 07:57   #17
Senior - BHPian
Default A Sunday's Drive to Ponmudi

Hoping my friend Nutty Nair wouldn't mind, I am bumping up an old thread with some latest photos.

Last Sunday after a great breakfast, was in a mood for a long drive. Decided on the spot that we are going to Ponmudi, a place my family has never been to. I know its a shame inspite the place being just 70 odd KMS from my house (may be the fact I have been there zillions of times in the past had something to do with this). Any way once decision made - fuleed up and just drove on

Very good roads all the way (little potholes near nedumangad ares does not count). Again I had to marvel at the alignment of the road, which is perfect for some spirited driving. But once you hit the hills and the 22 hair pins, you want to slowdown only to enjoy the beauty areound you

At the foothills - there is a check point, as Ponmudi is now a "liquor" and "plastic free" zone. All plastics and even drinking water plastic bottles hav to be thrown away. Very polite and efficient guards at that point with majority of them being ladies.

Now I let the photos speak (sorry about the quality as I has my I phone only with me to shoot with)

One observation I had was that the amount of bikes parked at the "upper sanitorium" parking as seen below suggests that even in Trivandrum, bikes are slowly transitioning from essential to a lifestyle tool.

Magnificent Meenmutti & Misty Ponmudi-img_1205a.jpg

The pictures are all from the "upper sanitorium" area as I was busy with my drive and did not pause to take any pics.

Total trip time 4.5 hours.

The pictures were taken at around 1.30 pm. The Mist at Mid-Day was a great experience as well
Attached Thumbnails
Magnificent Meenmutti & Misty Ponmudi-img_1216a.jpg  

Magnificent Meenmutti & Misty Ponmudi-img_1214a.jpg  

Magnificent Meenmutti & Misty Ponmudi-img_1211a.jpg  

Magnificent Meenmutti & Misty Ponmudi-img_1209a.jpg  

Magnificent Meenmutti & Misty Ponmudi-img_1208a.jpg  

Magnificent Meenmutti & Misty Ponmudi-img_1207a.jpg  

Magnificent Meenmutti & Misty Ponmudi-img_1204a.jpg  

Magnificent Meenmutti & Misty Ponmudi-img_1203a.jpg  

Magnificent Meenmutti & Misty Ponmudi-img_1202a.jpg  

Magnificent Meenmutti & Misty Ponmudi-img_1197a.jpg  

Magnificent Meenmutti & Misty Ponmudi-img_1196a.jpg  

Magnificent Meenmutti & Misty Ponmudi-img_1217a.jpg  

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 22nd July 2014 at 07:59.
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote