Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 25th February 2009, 16:46   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
During the entire journey is there at any point did you felt tired/boring of driving
@Surprise: I did felt a little bored of driving while returning to Bangalore. But that was only temporary feeling that I got because of the pathetic roads between Haveri and Chitradurga. After Chitradurga as the road opened up once again, the drive was much enjoyed.
akbaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 18:43   #47
BHPian

I thought I had lost this map. But while clearing up the rack today, I found that I haven't lost it. It may be useful for anyone planning to visit Chittaurgarh Fort.

Name:  Resized Chittaur Map.JPG
Views: 1204
Size:  99.4 KB
Old 26th May 2009, 09:48   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
Chittaurgarh is a place with such a unique history and situation that you will not find any comparable place in the world – Irmgard Meininger

Some important personalities associated with Chittaur

Rani Padmini: Rani Padmini was wife of Rana Ratan Singh I (1302-1303AD) and considered to be one of the most beautiful queens ever in the annals of Indian history. She was from Ceylon (Sri Lanka). The stories of her beauty were so popular that Ala ud din Khilji attacked Chittaur two times – in 1302 AD and 1303 AD. The only ambition Khilji had in attacking Chittaur was to win Rani Padmini. Khilji could sack Chittaur but didn’t get anything as all the Rajput men died fighting and Rani Padmini and all other noble women of her court organized the first Jauhar by submitting themselves to flames instead of accepting dishonor. Rani Padmini’s life and death has been epitome of beauty, pride, and sacrifice in the folklore of Rajasthan.
Sony Entertainment has started a new serial - Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur. Apparently the show has been shot on the same sets as Jodha Akbar. I watched the first episode yesterday. I have no idea how good or bad this serial will turn out but I intend to watch upcoming shows (as time permits).

The show telecasts on Mondays to Thursdays at 8pm.

Last edited by akbaree : 26th May 2009 at 10:02.
Old 10th February 2011, 18:23   #49
BHPian

Default Re: 4500 km: B'lore-Nashik-Maheshwar-Ujjain-Ajmer-Chittaur-Ahmedabad-B'Lore

I just saw this thread when i was hunting for info on MP Roads. This is an awesome and inspiring travelogue, akbaree.

Would love to do something similar sometime. I hope MP roads are now better than they used to be back then!
karthik_rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 21:45   #50
BHPian

Default Re: 4500 km: B'lore-Nashik-Maheshwar-Ujjain-Ajmer-Chittaur-Ahmedabad-B'Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_rao View Post
I just saw this thread when i was hunting for info on MP Roads. This is an awesome and inspiring travelogue, akbaree.

Would love to do something similar sometime. I hope MP roads are now better than they used to be back then!
Hi Karthik - I am glad you liked the log. I am not sure about the Indore - Neemuch stretch. But I read that NH3 (Nashik - Indore) has been completed and is in much better shape.

HVK, will know more.
Old 10th February 2011, 22:26   #51
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Akbaree

nice travelogue. do you have the phone number of govt guest house at Maheswar?
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote