Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 31st December 2008, 16:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Great beginning mjothi. Waiting for more.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 16:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mahesh, I think the Vittal Kamaths you are referring is the one between Haveri and Hubli. I had my lunch there when I was returning from Mahableshwar and found the food to be good with an extremely good service/attitude from the staff out there. Not sure how it has changed so drastically. The toll booth you are referring is after Haveri, the next toll on the stretch is the Hubli Dharwad Byepass toll booth operated by Nandi.

Not wanting to hijack the thread but the picture which I had shot at almost exactly the same location where you have put up, again its between Haveri and Hubli
GQ Drive: 2vehicles, 4meets, 5bhpians, 6days, 13states, 6000KMs.-dscf4807-large.jpg

Last edited by pypkmsrikanth : 31st December 2008 at 16:40.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 16:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Wow mjothi and the team of Bhpians(Kan bhai, Hrag, Hvkumar, Ramki) Hats off to you guys. That is some sort of dedication.

Waiting for info on how the road is round the country as i believe this is one thing which somehow managed to change the face of travelling in our country.
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 16:57   #34
BHPian

kudos to the GQ team , waiting for insights from shananvaz and hrag and chandan
siddartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 17:05   #35
Team-BHP Support

The original plan was to leave at 6.00 am but we later decided to leave at 5.00 am and we all reached hrag's place by 4.30 pm and we were ready to leave by 4.45 am. 15 minutes before time. Such was the excitement and dedication to planning.

Quote:
....and then we cross the Hubli Toll. We were in search of a breakfast stop. We saw a Vithal Kamat after the Toll and stoped there.

Recommendation : Never ever try this one. The food, if available, is not at all good. At the max, you can have coffee / tea. Thats it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
....I had my lunch there when I was returning from Mahableshwar and found the food to be good with an extremely good service/attitude from the staff out there. Not sure how it has changed so drastically.
I would agree with Mjothi. The service was horrible and all the stuff was finished.

Quote:
Not wanting to hijack the thread but the picture which I had shot at almost exactly the same location where you have put up, again its between Haveri ..
Man.. they are literally at the same spot. Amazing.

Quote:
P.S. We will loads of pics of the roads, provided you do not ask us which location it is taken from
Quote:
The toll booth you are referring is after Haveri, the next toll on the stretch is the Hubli Dharwad Byepass toll booth operated by Nandi.
He he he.. After 6 days on the road, I don't remember a damm thing.. which was where and which toll was where :-). It seems like I have just traveled into some time capsule.

Here are few more pictures around the same time as mjothi is referring to: approx 12-15pm - 12.45 pm 25th Dec

GQ Drive: 2vehicles, 4meets, 5bhpians, 6days, 13states, 6000KMs.-img_0580.jpg

GQ Drive: 2vehicles, 4meets, 5bhpians, 6days, 13states, 6000KMs.-img_0584.jpg
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 17:17   #36
Senior - BHPian

@ Khan,

The pictures you have posted is of the North Karnataka Expressway after Hubli, where you have some stretches on concrete. I hope you recover fast from your time capsule or you might end up celebrating the arrival of 2008 instead of 2009 tonight.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 17:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Great going....

Excellent pics and narration MJ & Khan. But pls finish the posts soon. Otherwise we will not be able to tolerate the anxiety....and people here should not wait for the same. Feed us with the feast of narration and pics so that people will not complain on the postings. (just my thoughts).

Guys, is Rishi, HVK & Ramky are OK. Not heard from them till now in this thread.

Last edited by snaronikar : 31st December 2008 at 17:28.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 17:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Great great ride guys! The GQs have redefined India I feel

Waiting for the complete report and hazaar more pics. And yes the no. of toll plazas too
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 17:42   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great great ride guys! The GQs have redefined India I feel

Waiting for the complete report and hazaar more pics. And yes the no. of toll plazas too
Surely. The GQ is a boom to indian road transport. Dont worry, we should have enough pics to keep you guys busy till the next x-mas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Here are few more pictures around the same time as mjothi is referring to: approx 12-15pm - 12.45 pm 25th Dec
See, this is what. At the max we can refer to GQ stretches with time, but need a lookup table to map it to the place names

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Guys, is Rishi, HVK & Ramky are OK. Not heard from them till now in this thread.
They are doing fine. Infact Hrag is back to office today to take rest in A/C So, no need to worry about power cuts also!!!

HVK & Ramky reached Thane @5:30pm. I just talked to them on Phone when they were parking their vehicle.

So, that was a wonderful & timely end for HVK. Ramky reached in right time to get his train to Ahmadabad. Thats simple superb. He is moving from a small HP vehicle to HIGHER HP vehicle. What a wonderful end man. Great!!!

Last edited by mjothi : 31st December 2008 at 17:44.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 17:56   #40
Senior - BHPian

I think one this is going to be one of the all time best travelogues - keep it coming !

would also love to hear about how the vehicles fared .. and some all important tips for such long distance journeys
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 17:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Surely. The GQ is a boom to indian road transport. Dont worry, we should have enough pics to keep you guys busy till the next x-mas.
This is not fair. You want us to wait till next x-mas to read the travelogue. I have already requested you to finish off this sooner.

Quote:
Infact Hrag is back to office today to take rest in A/C So, no need to worry about power cuts also!!!
What already started his work? Umm..let him enjoy the A/C in his office.

Quote:
HVK & Ramky reached Thane @5:30pm. I just talked to them on Phone when they were parking their vehicle.

So, that was a wonderful & timely end for HVK. Ramky reached in right time to get his train to Ahmadabad. Thats simple superb. He is moving from a small HP vehicle to HIGHER HP vehicle. What a wonderful end man. Great!!!
Great to hear this news. Thanks for inputs.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 18:16   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
This is not fair. You want us to wait till next x-mas to read the travelogue. I have already requested you to finish off this sooner.

What already started his work? Umm..let him enjoy the A/C in his office.

Great to hear this news. Thanks for inputs.
I dont think we need to wait till next X-mas. But we can definitely wait till next year. Let them relax / party tonightcheers: and get busy with the posts and pics tomorrow onwards. If work permits I want to be on the Feb drive whole GQ.
rajhiremath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 18:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
The original plan was to leave at 6.00 am but we later decided to leave at 5.00 am and we all reached hrag's place by 4.30 pm and we were ready to leave by 4.45 am. 15 minutes before time. Such was the excitement and dedication to planning.
Shanavaz, welcome outside the time capsule Hope your exitement is settled by now.

Quote:
Surely. The GQ is a boom to indian road transport.

Infact Hrag is back to office today to take rest in A/C

HVK & Ramky reached Thane @5:30pm.

Ramky reached in right time to get his train to Ahmadabad.
Super guys, Really cool to have traveled India in 6 days! So now we will get an idea about the GQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I think one this is going to be one of the all time best travelogues - keep it coming !

would also love to hear about how the vehicles fared .. and some all important tips for such long distance journeys
Oh yeah, did any vehicle give any trouble, Punture etc. Guess both the scorpio and safari should have returned around 11-12 kpl.

Also, What speeds could you guys manage? 140?

Also, did all of you drive by rotation or was it just one person in a vehicle driving all the time, while MJ updated us!

How about Fuel?
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 19:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

The Scorpio had a fused LHS head lamp - i have mentioned this in the previous thread - it also had the front LHS wheel cap missing. The Safari looked fresh.

This is not fair - upload the pics ASAP.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 19:33   #45
BHPian

This is one hell of a trip kudos to you guyz

need some more pics.

You guyz are not letting magesh use his aveo to the fullest, a day will come where mjothi will get a suv or a jeep defenetly a 4x4, you ask me why i say sahavasa dosham
praJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote