Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 6th January 2009, 13:56   #76
Team-BHP Support

The second pic is awesome. Nice car, i must say.
Probably the first time i have come back to check on a vintage thread.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 14:28   #77
BHPian

Great Write Nikkibike, But where is JayD ?
muneemmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 15:08   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Great Write Nikkibike, But where is JayD ?
heh! that fellow must be writing exams now!! he heeee..

Two Men and a very old Baby-fiat-04a.jpg

Another view of the car! Howz this?!
Two Men and a very old Baby-front.jpg

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th January 2009 at 17:35. Reason: back to back posts
nikkibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 16:06   #79
BHPian

Default back to the final bit of tale..

Well... that was a METICULOUS run!! I expected something or the other will go wrong as the relaibility factor of even brand new cars are not sure!! This was almost a non-stop drive of 650 kms and I juz cudn't digest the thoughts of a 53 year old car finishing it perfectly! But this car did amazed me right after covering the first 100 kms! Never it showed any issues... i was expecting atleast couple of vapour lock issue thru out the run!

Final Note.
THIS ONE IS A VERY VERY RELIABLE CLASSIC! My 100 marks for you baby!!

@ RUDRA SIR, that was a T E R R R R R R I F I C evening!! Hats off to you saaab!

Once again many many thanks to Santhosh, Vijay and JayD for trusting me do this job! I thoroughly enjoyed the D R I V E!!
cheers:
Attached Thumbnails
Two Men and a very old Baby-fiat-01a.jpg  

Last edited by nikkibike : 6th January 2009 at 16:24.
Old 6th January 2009, 16:43   #80
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, Two Men, for bringing my Old Baby home.

It is perhaps difficult to digest that there are those who will set aside their valuable time to do a favour of this magnitude for another in this day and age.

Thank you Rudra, for finding the car and for speaking with the owner for me and arranging for the sale + transfer without me even getting to Bangalore. The fact that the guy agreed to sell the car only after his dad (!) and he visited the prospective owner's (groom's?) house (which happened to be yours!) means that your presence was key to getting this deal through.

Thank you Vijay for being my landlord and my babysitter for over a month!

Thanks JayD for your unbelievable enthusiasm for all things old - I believe this trait of young men going for old girls is especially rampant here in Team BHP.

And finally thank you Nikki for being what you are - an incredibely knowledgeable petrolhead with an incurable appetite for vehicles of any sort. This gentleman has come to the rescue of almost all of my vehicles at one time or another.

This sort of thing can happen only here at Team BHP. This is an incredible team of guys!
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 16:58   #81
BHPian

Thumbs up T E A M effort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

It is perhaps difficult to digest that there are those who will set aside their valuable time to do a favour of this magnitude for another in this day and age.

Thank you Rudra, for finding the car and for speaking with the owner for me and arranging for the sale + transfer without me even getting to Bangalore. The fact that the guy agreed to sell the car only after his dad (!) and he visited the prospective owner's (groom's?) house (which happened to be yours!) means that your presence was key to getting this deal through.

Thanks JayD for your unbelievable enthusiasm for all things old - I believe this trait of young men going for old girls is especially rampant here in Team BHP.

And finally thank you Nikki for being what you are - an incredibely knowledgeable petrolhead with an incurable appetite for vehicles of any sort. This gentleman has come to the rescue of almost all of my vehicles at one time or another.

This sort of thing can happen only here at Team BHP. This is an incredible team of guys!
THANKS for those kind words bout me Sirji!
Well... am just an oldie automan when compared to others here who know much bout present generation automotives and anything with an IC engine! I have basic knowledge of how things works in an automobile and then a bit of trouble shooting knowledge of old gen vehicles... thatz it!

Am always open for any helps to anyone as far as you are talking bout automobiles... I love them.

Thanks again Santhosh!
Looooooooong Live TeamBHP!
Old 6th January 2009, 17:10   #82
adc
Senior - BHPian

what a car - classic, chrome and black. Congrats.
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2009, 11:28   #83
BHPian

Default so whatz next?!

Whenz the Shornur D R I V E??!

The baby will be taken to a hideout for safe parking today after minor electrical works!
Attached Thumbnails
Two Men and a very old Baby-fiat-05a.jpg  

Last edited by nikkibike : 7th January 2009 at 11:31.
Old 7th January 2009, 20:37   #84
Awaiting Email Confirmation

It is such a good looking car, still!
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 09:34   #85
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but was stuck with exams soon after i came back. So just posting some pix that i have.

The 'Trucko/ssupport car' waiting for us at the station.

Two Men and a very old Baby-02012009029.jpg

The first look at the baby!!

Two Men and a very old Baby-02012009030.jpg

Steer's landlord!

Two Men and a very old Baby-02012009031.jpg

Fuelling up and checking air etc!

Two Men and a very old Baby-02012009056.jpg

'Rally Driver' Chikku checking everything and getting ready for the race!!

Two Men and a very old Baby-02012009057.jpg

Two Men and a very old Baby-02012009058.jpg
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 09:36   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

Thanks a ton for the kind words steer. may the 'trend' and the tribe grow!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 12:38   #87
BHPian

Default Final Destination!

Finally... the old baby reached her new home!
The dukkar was in my custody since we brought her from Bangy. Didn't get a suitable oppertunity to drive it to steer's house. So now, as we are out to Wynad with the D R I VE, thought of dropping her at Steer's place on the way. We two, me and JayD started at 7 in the morning and reached the 'final destination' - a 100 kms drive, in less than 2hrs time.
Attached Thumbnails
Two Men and a very old Baby-ent1.jpg  

Two Men and a very old Baby-ent2.jpg  

Two Men and a very old Baby-ent3.jpg  

Old 26th November 2009, 18:28   #88

Hello,
Wonderful car.may i please know where this car is currently?I would like to proudly introduce myself as an ex-owner of this car,MYB-2682 back here in Bangalore.I would like to see my buggy sometime personally.
abhaymagal is offline   Reply With Quote