Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 12th August 2013, 11:49   #61

Default Re: River Tern Jungle Lodge, Kemmanugundi and then some…

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
I did go to Muthodi forest route, mentioned by Samurai in his post above. We went on bikes (Classic 350, Duke 200, P180) and it was superb. We did that mystery forest route in reverse.

This was our route:
Mudigere --> Aldur --> Mailimane --> Jakkanahalli --> Mallandur --> Bande Kallu Gudda --> Muthodi forest camp --> forest road --> Kemmannugundi-Mullayanagiri link road (16km mark) --> Chikamagalur.

I felt this road's actually good with few bad parts, doable in a car!! Few pics - first pic is near Bande Kallu Gudda (name of the peak), 2nd one's taken somewhere between Aldur and Mallandur and the last one is from Muthodi forest route somewhere after forest camp. Forest route gets better once we are out of Bhadra reserve forest and get into estates.
Hi @370Z
I plan to do the CKM-Attigundi-Muthodi Link road in a Dzire on Aug 15th. I know you have mentioned its doable in a car but I was wondering whether a Dzire would past the test. Your comments would be appreciated.

I had done this road in my father's Omni way back in 2003 and it sure would bring back some lovely memories! We used to call this "secret road" and some of the views were spectacular. I have been a member of team-bhp for so long with sparse contribution; Samurai's travelogue is inspirational and I will definitely take the time out to pen my thoughts this time.

Cheers
aithal303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2013, 10:53   #62
BHPian

Default Re: River Tern Jungle Lodge, Kemmanugundi and then some…

Quote:
Originally Posted by aithal303 View Post
Hi @370Z
I plan to do the CKM-Attigundi-Muthodi Link road in a Dzire on Aug 15th. I know you have mentioned its doable in a car but I was wondering whether a Dzire would past the test. Your comments would be appreciated.

I had done this road in my father's Omni way back in 2003 and it sure would bring back some lovely memories! We used to call this "secret road" and some of the views were spectacular. I have been a member of team-bhp for so long with sparse contribution; Samurai's travelogue is inspirational and I will definitely take the time out to pen my thoughts this time.

Cheers
Oops!!! Sorry, I hadn't logged in to forums recently and I missed this post. Did you try this route last weekend? It should be doable in DZire. If you're coming from Mullayanagiri/Kemmannugundi and take diversion to this forest road, then after 15 of driving you'll get a few tight hairpin curves (downhill). We've to be careful there. I felt going downhill in those curves would be easier in car (i.e. coming from Mullayanagiri/Kemmannugundi side), than to climb up from Muthodi side.

Now it might be raining heavily there, so expect some fallen trees/branches on road
370Z is offline   Reply With Quote