Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 29th January 2009, 23:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Nice. You are good at this. Why dont you put up some more of your travelogues on here?

Sad to hear the ego clashes are still a part of the Bullet Groups. Been there and seen it. A fragmented community is not a good sign. I guess some things will never change :(
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 00:55   #17
BHPian

Imran, very nice write up there! Read through the whole thing. I respect you as a mature biker. I find it especially commendable that you guys took the pain to assist bikers in distress at many points of your ride.
Ride on!
bmw_m5_titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 06:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Why don't write some more about the event? You only say about the eating part. WOuld like to know more.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 07:44   #19

Default Great ride....

The pics are fantastic and the write-up is uncluttered which made me go through the apparently big posts effortlessy.
Please post some more pics if possible.

Keep thumping~!
dj_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 14:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

oye imran! I never you can write such big logs!!! good one buddy.

Last year when I missed the RM in hyderabad, I thought I will attend the RM '09. But to my bad luck on both the counts its the initial few days of new job where i cant take a leave. At least logs like these can show whats it is like.

BTW, please write something on the event as well. There will be many events in the RM, please cover them as well. And oh! how can we forget all the biker babes!!! post some pics dude.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 14:29   #21
BHPian

Hi Imran,
Nice post
Looks like you stayed in the mudumalai forest rest house enroute.
The accident biker was sitting alone in night where?
inside the forest?
If so he was taking a very big risk sitting there alone in night. It is part of elephant corridor and there is a pair of leopards in heat in the theppakadu - masinagudi stretch.

Can you post some details on type of accommodation provided, where, etc.
Might help in deciding if I can gatecrash next year's event.
I think they had planned for 400 riders and 600 turned up. Maybe that explains food running out.
In ooty spicy food try Blue Hills next to nahar or simple fair, try Kurinji opp Nahar.

IMHO Otherwise food in Ooty isnt much to write home about.

There was a strange thing I noticed in Gudalur. The kerala riders were coming from masinagudi side and delhi riders were coming from ooty gudalur side. They crossed each other in gudalur. There wasnt even a customary hand wave or hi bye stuff. Just grim riding. Still wondering why.

See some bullters photo on my recent pictorial bangalore mudumalai and back

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...alai-back.html (Pictorial Bangalore to bandipur / Mudumalai and back)

Best regards
Bala

Best regards
Bala
balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 11:06   #22
Team-BHP Support

We stayed at a place very close to where the road for the 36 bends via Masiagudi and the road for Gudular separate.

Accommodation was arranged by another biker. Will try and find some details.
It was a very basic two rooms, a bath and a toilet.

The guest house had the river/creek on one side.
A leopard had made a kill earlier that evening and the people there warned us against leaving the doors open. However we had a guy who could outsnore any lions roar. So we felt relatively safe.

The accident guy had no choice. The mudguard had jammed into the front wheel and we could barely push the bike. Even using my tire removal kit i.e. two large crowbars we were unable to shift it. Finally removed the entire mudguard and Subhayu an expert in riding busted motorcycles brought it to the resort.

Quote:
There was a strange thing I noticed in Gudalur. The kerala riders were coming from masinagudi side and delhi riders were coming from ooty gudalur side. They crossed each other in gudalur. There wasnt even a customary hand wave or hi bye stuff. Just grim riding. Still wondering why.
Best regards
Bala
Happens. Generally with first time riders who are so busy riding they forget the reason behind it.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 11:03   #23
BHPian

Sorry mate. I was not clear in my query.
Where was the accommodation arranged in Ooty?
What type of accommodation?
I am looking at the stuff arranged by the organisers.
BTW any idea where the next RM will be held?

The place you stayed is Theppakadu / mudumalai forest office rest house. sylvan log house. Nice location. Hope you had time to do a safari
Best regards
Bala

PS> Does your bullet make noise? Oops. sorry it should be Thump
balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 14:23   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Sorry mate. I was not clear in my query.
Where was the accommodation arranged in Ooty?
What type of accommodation?
I am looking at the stuff arranged by the organisers.
BTW any idea where the next RM will be held?

The place you stayed is Theppakadu / mudumalai forest office rest house. sylvan log house. Nice location. Hope you had time to do a safari
Best regards
Bala

PS> Does your bullet make noise? Oops. sorry it should be Thump
There were multiple locations at Ooty.
I stayed in Sterling Resorts Elk Hill and the events were organised at Fern Hill.

There were buses arranged between the venues but I never used them.
The hotels had regular guests as well.
Lots of honeymooners.
Felt sorry for those new husbands. Who were either disturbed by the loud exhaust notes or plain simple comparisons.
Bikers ride longer.

The venue for the next RM is not yet arranged.

My bike is a Royal Enfield ThunderBird. It is not a Bullet.
It carries its own orchestra.
This ride I had my friends retro silencer. While that does produce a decent (ha ha ha) thump its nowhere close to the original bullet.
Will revert back to my silencer shortly. Too many backfire issues with this one.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:44   #25
BHPian

@ Bblost - Nice write up.

I was there at RM09, met up with Black Jack who presented a CD of his favourites to my son who had come alongwith me. We were staying at the Elk Hill resort.

It was my son's first RM and he was amazed at the sheer number of bikes, some 650 of them, all of them REs and all of them at one place.

In fact we stayed at the Youth Hostel the previous day and met one of the Hyd guys there. I dont remember his name. He had come by bus and he said one of his friends is riding his bike from Bangalore. I dropped him to the other Youth Hostel the next morning where he met up with friend.

Saw your presentation and introduction to your club 23One and Black Jack's explaining the origin of the name.

Were you there at RM-X ?

Cheers

KD
kd7202 is offline   Reply With Quote