Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 25th March 2009, 12:40   #61
BHPian

That was a wonderfully detailed travelogue! Wonderful pictures to illustrate too! Loved it!
Thank you!
magiceye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 01:16   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Lovely report. I have looked at with envy the coastal Karnataka area while travelling by the Konkan rail. I hope to cover these places sometime soon. Your travelogue will be a good guide then.

-Biju
Thank You Biju. I actaully want to take the Konkan railway all the way from Mangalore to Mumbai after Monsoons. I agree, doing this route on road is a completely different experience. Trust me!! there is still lots more to see on the Konkan stretch in Karnataka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
WOW !! i had made a similar trip 2 years back. but did not go to north goa. but never got the inclination to write such a wonderful travelogue.
next trip i make will take this inspiration to write !
Thank You Madhukar. I just want to share the wonderful places I have been on TBHP. Would inspire others to go to these places and discover new places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Amazing trip. Makes me wanna jump into my car and just head out, with the camera ofcourse well done. Btw, i noticed the zxi alloys on your ddis...
Thank you Zahir. Yes ZXI alloys on the VDI. Actally got a very good deal from my cousin who bought a ZXI at the same time and he switched over to Cool Lenso's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiceye View Post
That was a wonderfully detailed travelogue! Wonderful pictures to illustrate too! Loved it!
Thank you!
Thank You magiceye.
dreamdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 12:58   #63
SBR
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning a 5 day trip to Coastal Karnataka. Pls. advise on route/Places to stay and any other details which you may think is useful;

Details Below:

Dates: Aug 1-5.

Car: M 800 MPFI AC

Occupants: Me, Wifey, 5 month old daughter. Plan to pick up wifey's brother in Chikmagalur. (total: 3 Adults & 1 Infant)

Plan is to Start from Bangalore on 01 August. Take Neelamangala - Hassan - Belur - Chikmagalur route. Pick Brother in law in Chikmagalur and head forward.

Plan is cover Coastal Karnataka & JOG. Await advise from the experts.
SBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 16:02   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
Plan is cover Coastal Karnataka & JOG. Await advise from the experts.
If you go thru the detailed travelloge of dreamdiesel you would find everything you need. Hey, short of describing the shape of potholes, he has pretty much detailed everything down to the rates of rooms, food, beaches, shacks, stoppages, fuel pumps, etc.

Congrats DD on such a fantastic review of your trip. BTW what tyres are u running?
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 23:56   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
If you go thru the detailed travelloge of dreamdiesel you would find everything you need. Hey, short of describing the shape of potholes, he has pretty much detailed everything down to the rates of rooms, food, beaches, shacks, stoppages, fuel pumps, etc.

Congrats DD on such a fantastic review of your trip. BTW what tyres are u running?
Yepp. Tried to pen down as much as I could in detail. Hope its informative for other BHPians who plan a similar trip. I am running Swift ZXI Alloys and Tyres (JK 185/70 R14) on my Swift VDI.
dreamdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 00:15   #66
Team-BHP Support

Today it was raining so hard, I was getting drenched with the rain water hitting from the passenger side of the Jeep, I was driving by the way. It rains like that for hours, many times a day. What will this do to the roads in another 15 days, can't be imagined. If you are going to do it in M800, all the best to you. Keep tuning into art of travelling thread for Mangalore/Udupi regualrly for updates on road conditions.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 00:24   #67
Sha
BHPian

ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Today it was raining so hard, I was getting drenched with the rain water hitting from the passenger side of the Jeep, I was driving by the way. It rains like that for hours, many times a day. What will this do to the roads in another 15 days, can't be imagined. If you are going to do it in M800, all the best to you. Keep tuning into art of travelling thread for Mangalore/Udupi regualrly for updates on road conditions.
If it's raining in coastal side definately Kodachadri will be good for offroading right.

Last edited by Sha : 16th July 2009 at 00:25.
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 12:07   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
ok

If it's raining in coastal side definately Kodachadri will be good for offroading right.
So, why don't you come over then. We will atleast have 2 local Jeeps joining you.
Old 16th July 2009, 19:44   #69
SBR
BHPian

Yep. Dream Diesel has covered in a detailed way and it is very handy.

Samurai, since you are from that part of state, would you suggest doing this trip as I have my leaves approved and really dont want to waste them. Since long, have been craving to do a Coastal Karnataka trip in monsoon. Suggest?

If you suggest against it, then will plan for a beach location in TN otherwise. Dont want to do a Hill Station now due to the weather and my 5 month old daughter.

Await revert.
Old 17th July 2009, 08:18   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dont want to do a Hill Station now due to the weather and my 5 month old daughter.
A 5 month old infant? In that case I would ask you not to venture this way. The massive rains has unleashed all kind of insects and bugs. I am getting bitten by insects I don't recognise, and as a result have swellings on my arms and face on a daily basis these days. I feel I am living in a jungle.

Therefore, I suggest you come after Sepetember, when the greenery is still around but without the rains.
Old 17th July 2009, 14:07   #71
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
So, why don't you come over then. We will atleast have 2 local Jeeps joining you.
Next Weekend Planning both Kodachadri and Hebbae Falls, will update you once confirmed 2-3 Jeep/Gypsy might come.
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 22:15   #72
SBR
BHPian

Thanks Samurai for the advise. Will drop this plan for now & relook later.

Thanks again.
Old 15th December 2011, 17:29   #73
SBR
BHPian

Default Re: Coastal Karnataka and Goa in Swift D - 2000+kms in 9 days

Hi,

I plan to do a Coastal Karnataka trip in the last week of December. I have to attend a marriage in my wife's family at Chikmagalur between 25 - 27 Dec, 2011. From, 28th Onwards, I have time till 2nd Jan, 2012 and I wish to cover Coastal Karnataka in this time. Plan to start from Chikmagalur on 28th Dec and to be back in Bangalore on 2nd Jan.

Request advice on places to stay, and also help me plan my trip. My drive is M - 800 and my partners are Wifey and 2.9 year old kid.

Pls. suggest.
Old 15th December 2011, 20:21   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I plan to do a Coastal Karnataka trip in the last week of December. I have time till 2nd Jan, 2012 and I wish to cover Coastal Karnataka in this time. Plan to start from Chikmagalur on 28th Dec and to be back in Bangalore on 2nd Jan.

Pls. suggest.
I am also planning coastal Karnataka from 25 to 31 dec.
Majority hotels that are available on web are full.
I already contacted all of them and got confirmed reservation today for
Karwar @ estary view resort and for gokarna @ Om beach resort.
Udupi , I still need to book , but since it is big town no problem there.

Sirsi , whatever contacts number I got from google are not working now.
And since it is small town , no hotel with any website.

Sisri, gokarna and karwar, you need to book.

If you call any hotel on phone at gokarna,murudeshwar they will say it is full. I do not have any idea about homestays, and on net, contact info
of this homestays is not available so I suggest , confirm the booking first.
Also rates are 30% higer in last week of december.
sandeep joshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011, 20:32   #75
Senior - BHPian

SBR, this may be a bit odd time considering you have not made your bookings yet, acco in most of the good places will be full.

Quote:
Hi,

I plan to do a Coastal Karnataka trip in the last week of December. I have to attend a marriage in my wife's family at Chikmagalur between 25 - 27 Dec, 2011. From, 28th Onwards, I have time till 2nd Jan, 2012 and I wish to cover Coastal Karnataka in this time. Plan to start from Chikmagalur on 28th Dec and to be back in Bangalore on 2nd Jan.

Request advice on places to stay, and also help me plan my trip. My drive is M - 800 and my partners are Wifey and 2.9 year old kid.

Pls. suggest.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote