Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 18th November 2015, 13:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai - Ganapathipule which route is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVI2112 View Post
Hi,

I am planning a trip to Ganapathipule by road next month with wife & kids. Can you please guide me which will be a better route to take?

Regards,
Narayanan
Related threads, if you are planning to go via NH4:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ute-query.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...oute-help.html (Pune - Velneshwar - Chiplun route help)

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2015, 14:35   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai - Ganapathipule which route is better

We had been to Ganpatipule last week from Pune. We took the Pune > Mahabaleswar > Poladpur > Chiplun > Sangameshwar > Ganpatipule route. The roads are in good condition.

I have a suggestion. Instead of turning right after Sangameshwar and taking the state road (106) to Ganptatipule, which is this one:

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ch...6!2d17.1488663

Instead, drive till Niwali phata and turn back towards Ganpatipule:

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ch...17.1488663!3e0

This would be 22 kms more but it is a much better road and safer. This way you can stick to NH 66 for longer and use less of state roads.

We had some narrow escapes from ST buses on the the state road (106) route, which is a very narrow road with too many twists and turns.

Do take some time to visit the Bhandarpule beach, which is just 3 kms away from Ganpatipule. Not many people visit this place and it is a beautiful beach. This beach is a little protected and you can perhaps go for a swim. Much safer compared to the open sea at Ganpatipule.

Have a nice trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVI2112 View Post
Hi,

I am planning a trip to Ganapathipule by road next month with wife & kids. Can you please guide me which will be a better route to take?

Regards,
Narayanan

Last edited by pradkumar : 18th November 2015 at 14:58.
pradkumar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2015, 15:26   #33
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Mumbai - Ganapathipule which route is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
We had been to Ganpatipule last week from Pune. We took the Pune > Mahabaleswar > Poladpur > Chiplun > Sangameshwar > Ganpatipule route. The roads are in good condition.

I have a suggestion. Instead of turning right after Sangameshwar and taking the state road (106) to Ganptatipule, which is this one:
This helps. A little longer but appears to be a more smoother route.

Thanks buddy.

Regards,
NVI2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2015, 23:07   #34
BANNED

Default Re: Mumbai (Thane) - Ganpatipule - Ganeshgule... Loads of pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv1984 View Post
Mumbai (Thane) - Ganpatipule - Ganeshgule

Hi All,

Since last one year my family was planning a trip to Ganpatipule, but the trip could not materialize due to work schedule of individual persons. Finally we could figure out a weekend when we could put our plan into action. We made it to Ganpatipule(GP) on 27th March. We were 4 adults, myself, sister and mom/dad. Since I had morning shift on friday, we planned to leave to GP that afternoon itself....

...We reached Thane by 6PM in evening including 1.5 Hour breaks in between for tea, food and fuel. We had food at Vitthal Kamat near Mahad. Food was very good but costly.
Can I follow the same route but instead of going all the way thru Nivali, can we turn right from Sangameshwar and take kond asurde dingani road?
Also how many ghats will be there from Mumbai to Ganpatipule? Since we will be travelling mostly in night hence need to be cautious

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please quote only the relevant / operative portion of the post instead of quoting the whole post as it may inconvenience small-screen / mobile users. Thank you for your anticipated co-operation.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th December 2015 at 18:39. Reason: see note in post. :)
Deepalivg is offline   Reply With Quote