Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 7th April 2009, 12:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Baasha is another role that Rajinikanth had played where he is with a beard and the usual 10 people walking behind him in stiff coats!

In that role, apart from the beard he is also in a stiffer coat and a dark glass.

I just do not understand the thing about white elephant. Mmmm... When did TSK come down south! ROFL!!!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 12:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

Now my 3rd set of photos...Ramana Maharishi Ashrama. The ashrama is good place. Very calm. We did see lots of foreigners in that place. We went here for asking for room the previous day and it was full. Hence we had to settle down at hotel. The ashram had lots of peacocks. Have posted a couple of them.

Peacocks at ashram.
Owners of GM & FORD goes together for a Divine trip!!!-dsc00836.jpg

Name:  DSC00837.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  48.0 KB

The ashram's front view.
Name:  DSC00841.JPG
Views: 406
Size:  46.4 KB

to be continued...
snaronikar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 13:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

After returning from Gingee, we went to our hotel, picked up Srini's brother and headed to Maharishi Ashram.

On the way we saw this "Beautiful Padmini"

Owners of GM & FORD goes together for a Divine trip!!!-img_9192.jpg

Seems he has tried to make it like open Jeep

We did not had much time and hence decided to just visit Swami's samadhi. We were greeted by many peacocks.

Owners of GM & FORD goes together for a Divine trip!!!-img_9197.jpg

Owners of GM & FORD goes together for a Divine trip!!!-img_9198.jpg

Owners of GM & FORD goes together for a Divine trip!!!-img_9201.jpg

Owners of GM & FORD goes together for a Divine trip!!!-img_9203.jpg

What a lovely place it was? They also have his room he used last, with all his belongings.

My daugther draws this in mud and jumps saying she drew a HEART!!!!

Owners of GM & FORD goes together for a Divine trip!!!-img_9208.jpg
When I took this pics, I could see people staring at me like "what the heck is this guy doing?" But how do they know that these are some of the memories that never vanishes? Like first smile, first step, first word, this is first drawing of my daughter.... How can I miss. Hehehe

When we are done, we started to drive back to Bangalore. We decided to stop on for lunch and stopped in a hotel.

We had nice & tasty lunch. My wife went to take some clothes for the kid. She came back with a pale face and seems too scared and worried. It was then I came to know that she kept the car key inside the boot and closed it, and car was also auto-locked.

I was completely lost and don't know what to do. All I could think was to open the beading in the front window and press the boot release button. But no idea if that will work for this car.

So, called Akroy and then Hari. Hari gave me hope saying that it can be done. Our friend has experianced it once and so he was sure nothing will happen except for the beading replacement.

I took the beading and there was almost 10s of hands trying to locate the lever inside to un-latch it. We tried for 1 hour and gave up. I was also thinking if I should sent my wife in Srini's car and ask soem friends to bring back the other key from home.

Then the hotel guys called a local mechanic, he came and tried for sometime. Then he decided to try this from the Passenger side.

Oh, one more beading! But anyway, he tried it and in 15min the door was opened with loud siren.

Pics of this opertion will be uploaded by our friend Snaronikar.

Then when we left from there, I could hear some metallic sound coming from the window. I was so worried that something happened and all this rattling happened.

Reached home around 9:30pm, after the usual stop in BP chinnar.

Last update: I went to Vijay Motors today and got it fixed. The rattleing sound was due to the fact that one thin rod that connects the Door handle key lock was slipped from its position. Luckily nothing happened.

All well in 250 bucks. Happy motoring!!!!!!!

Name:  IMG00263.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  76.3 KB

Owners of GM & FORD goes together for a Divine trip!!!-img00264.jpg
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 13:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Aha, so this was the show stopper! Wow! That was close.

Now I appreciate a thread that was started with tips on how to 'break into' a car!

Good to know that the rattle was fixed.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

OK...Here is the show stopper. These pics are taken from my mobile camera.

Summary: Mworry (sorry, i have to use this name) trying to open the door after taking out the beeding and after the door is opened we can see the Mhappy here.

We went to have lunch at a resturant. We ordered the normal food like jeera rice, veg pulao, french fries and it looked like eternity till he bought us teh food. The only solace was we were in a/c room. We ordered for food around 3.00 pm and were served with the above menu at 3.50 pm minus french fries. We finished lunch and were about to start, but...the show stopper had to happen. (No offences meant-Mjothi). As explained by Mj, were struggling hard to open the door, just then the supervisor of the hotel called up one mechanic and he sent one of his persons to pick him up. He came around 5.10 pm and tried his hand to open the latch to the FR RH side as we had already opened the beading...but could not locate the latch then he went to FR LH door and tried his hand there and lo...the button popped up much to the relief all the people who had gathered there (around 10 persons). All this was possible as the person had got with him a some sort of thin iron rod which was inserted into the 3/4 of othe door.

We did this high drama for around 1 1/2 hours and finally left that place around 5.35 pm. Stopped in between for chai and buying of some kaccha mangoes. After that we came together till the road joining the GQ after that Mj went his way and we ours....Here are some of the snaps of the show stopper

Mj trying to open the get hold of the latch to open the door
Name:  mj1.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  90.6 KB

Name:  mj2.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  85.7 KB

Owners of GM & FORD goes together for a Divine trip!!!-mj3.jpg

we can see Mhappy here after opening of his car door...
Owners of GM & FORD goes together for a Divine trip!!!-after-door-opening.jpg

So that's all folks...thanks for your patient blogging, reading and seeing our pics. There are few more pics with me which I thought of uploading..but most of them already Mj has posted them.

The FE part of my vehicle (Ford Ikon Flair): I travelled around 471 kms (house to house). Put some 30 liters of Petrol (HP normal). The vehicle returned the figures of 15.70 kmpl with a/c on for 90% of the time...impressive? Well, its anybody's guess.

All's well ends well...

Last edited by snaronikar : 7th April 2009 at 14:52.
snaronikar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 14:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

True, all's well that end's well!

A good travelogue with good photo's, a family story line, suspense, action, super stars, muscle men and a happy ending!

Great job, guys!
Old 7th April 2009, 15:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
True, all's well that end's well!

A good travelogue with good photo's, a family story line, suspense, action, super stars, muscle men and a happy ending!

Great job, guys!
Thanks, Happy wheels. BTW, I did not get what you meant by suspense and muscle men (?)
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 15:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Starring

Photos : Photos

Family : both your families

Suspense : your mentioning of 'show stopper' every other post!

Action : MJ Anna with the rod!

Super Star : MJ Anna

Muscle Men : Snar & Bro (recollect the Baasha scene) (Sorry not giving you both the lead role, but we needed a person with french beard and the works! ROFL)

Just kidding guys!

This was serious a very good travelogue, and really has a involvement in it. Also, both of you made sure to keep the tempo up.

So, when is the next one? Or is that also going to be decided on a saturday morning at 12PM for a 1PM start???
Old 7th April 2009, 16:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, when is the next one? Or is that also going to be decided on a saturday morning at 12PM for a 1PM start???
You bet! It may happen the same...who knows, only time and Mj will be able to tell. Did you hear me buddy.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:15   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
You bet! It may happen the same...who knows, only time and Mj will be able to tell. Did you hear me buddy.
Ya, you never know. For a change, wait for a call around 5pm to start 5pm and go for Girivalam one day
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 19:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Here are 2 panaromic view of temple & fort...

Owners of GM & FORD goes together for a Divine trip!!!-panofort.jpg

Owners of GM & FORD goes together for a Divine trip!!!-panotemple.jpg
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 19:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice panaromic views Mj. I liked the fort one. Its come out really well.
Old 7th April 2009, 21:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey MJ, it looks like you are trying to break the window pane in one of Srini's snaps!!
Anyway, glad you could get it opened.
P.S.
I always carry a spare key along on long distance drives.
No. The key is not to be kept inside the glove compartment safely, it has to be either in your wallet/on your person or in a bag or pouch which you would always carry.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 23:32   #44
BANNED

mjothi's one key is like a hundred keys.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 08:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
I always carry a spare key along on long distance drives.
Same here Hari. I keep the spare remote in my trouser's pocket always in the long drives.

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote