Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 25th November 2010, 06:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing these pics and history. I always wanted to visit this museum. Will head there this weekend!

Really amazed to see the rail coaches, buses, car!! Wow!
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 07:45   #17

Wow, did not know if one existed like this. Its worth a visit for anyone. thanks a lot for putting up the information.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 09:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pics hotstuff.
Recently someone had posted pics of another HAL car. I think there was a story in Economic Times about auto industry.

Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Total government control of armament industry has lead to very few developments (exception being the brilliant work being done in space). And mostly non-commercial projects.
I don't think it is as simple as that. Even Soviet Union had total govt. control of armament industry but look at what all they achieved. I think what lacks here is (a) accountability and (b) interest taken in desi projects by the guy sitting at the top. In USSR, they sent you to Siberian concentration camp if you didn't deliver. Here, you spend your entire day sipping chai and eating biscuits in the govt. office canteen, without any eyebrows being raised. Nehru took great interest and pride in all desi projects. Development of a contemporary jet fighter like HF-24 Marut was a great achievement but after Nehru no one showed any interest in the project or its followup projects, the HF-25 and HF-73. Also the foreign arms lobby is well entrenched in this country and possesses deep pockets to bribe the decision makers who'll always buy foreign stuff even if the locally developed product is better. Arjun MBT outperformed T-90 in all parameters but how many is the Army ordering? 125. And T-90? Over 1000!

Look at Brazil. Leading arms supplier
I don't think that statement is true.

and even selling air craft all over the world. Today Israel supplies us vibro/movement/IR detecting equipments for border fence. So on and on..
Yes, this is true.

India was much ahead of many but has sadly lost out.
Had to. What is the commitment exhibited by Govt. to desi projects? How much interest do you think Manmohan Singh takes in these projects? Where are the deadlines?

It gives us pride to see the work done but also saddens me to state the facts.
I share the same feelings.
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2010, 10:55   #19

Hey thanks a lot for letting us know about this place.

I have been in Bangalore for the past 5 months and must have passed on this road a couple of times but never knew about this museum nor did I read about it anywhere.

Will make it a point to visit this place.
atulmuley is offline   Reply With Quote