Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2009, 13:22   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 789 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
BTW I heard work was happening in H.D Kote - Baveli road..Please let me know if any one had tried that route recently
Not that I saw something on those lines called being relaid/ being repaired during my recent trip to kabini(Jungle Lodges).

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 20th April 2009 at 13:23.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 13:27   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Well you never highlighted the actual kuruva dweep and its beauty. This is where the Kabini splits and joins back further ahead...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Sorry, I dont have many snaps to talk on Kuruva...
Here, let me give you a helping hand here. There are few snaps when I traveled there; travelogue @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...y-wayanad.html (Long weekend getaway - 3 day @ Wayanad)

There are a snap of the work going on there for the rafting; Boddy, are they done with that work? Is rafting possible now?
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 13:55   #18
BHPian
 
nnandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 160
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Bobby, lovely travelogue and interesting pics. The resort looks quite nice. One question though, what was the tariff of the room you took/other rooms in the resort?
nnandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 14:01   #19
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 813
Thanked: 220 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
There are a snap of the work going on there for the rafting; Boddy, are they done with that work? Is rafting possible now?
Thanks for that link, enjoyed reading it. I don't think they have any rafting facility in Kuruva.. That bamboo raft in the snap I guess is used by the local people. My little one jumped on it for some snaps. I will check this during my next visit (won't take long I promise).. One other interesting info, yesterday one of the Malayalam channels was running a show on Kutta and Tiruneelli temple. On the fork (right turn to Tirunelli, straight is Kuruva, shop is right on the fork) that goes to Tirunelli there is a small tea shop and it seems they make the best Unniappam ( traditional kerala sweet made with Jagary, small banana, coconut and lot other ingredients and deep fried in oil. Give a try if any BHPians are taking that road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnandi View Post
Bobby, lovely travelogue and interesting pics. The resort looks quite nice. One question though, what was the tariff of the room you took/other rooms in the resort?
During my visit it was not fully operational, check this link for the recent tariff.. you can bargain out some discounts Tariff, Wayanad Resort, Kuruva Island Resort, Wayanad Holidays, Pepper Green Village

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2009 at 22:55. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:50   #20
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 813
Thanked: 220 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

I spoke to the resort owner couple of days back for booking for my next trip. He is a captain in merchant navy (Capt. Saju +91 9447916176, + 91 9745129629) and was enthu to hear about the posts in Team BHP (he is another travel freak and had joined our group on my reference).

He is offering a 15% disc to all team BHP members on the room rate. Tariff in site in inclusive of food, deduct 500 (food rate) from the tariff and apply 15% discount for Team BHP rates. Sounds like a good deal. Told him to post this Team BHP Site, but he was finding it difficult (usability issues),posting this on the thread for benefit of all members.
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:44   #21
BHPian
 
kannan666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA-02
Posts: 939
Thanked: 69 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I spoke to the resort owner couple of days back for booking for my next trip. He is a captain in merchant navy (Capt. Saju +91 9447916176, + 91 9745129629) and was enthu to hear about the posts in Team BHP (he is another travel freak and had joined our group on my reference).

He is offering a 15% disc to all team BHP members on the room rate. Tariff in site in inclusive of food, deduct 500 (food rate) from the tariff and apply 15% discount for Team BHP rates. Sounds like a good deal. Told him to post this Team BHP Site, but he was finding it difficult (usability issues),posting this on the thread for benefit of all members.
Thanks for the good work done by you Gadadhar, great news for all us TBhpians !
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:47   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
...He is offering a 15% disc to all team BHP members on the room rate. Tariff in site in inclusive of food, deduct 500 (food rate) from the tariff and apply 15% discount for Team BHP rates. Sounds like a good deal. Told him to post this Team BHP Site, but he was finding it difficult (usability issues),posting this on the thread for benefit of all members.
WOW! That is certainly good news! Great going Gadadhar!

Do ask Capt.Saju to use the "Contact Us" to get in touch with the MOD team. And I reckon that since he will be doing a commercial post, it should not be in the open forum but in classified section.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:12   #23
BHPian
 
muralisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hyderabad, Bangalore
Posts: 674
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Pretty good travelogue - Bobby. Nice place and the the view from the rooms is quite interesting. This makes into my list as well.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:36   #24
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 813
Thanked: 220 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
WOW! That is certainly good news! Great going Gadadhar!

Do ask Capt.Saju to use the "Contact Us" to get in touch with the MOD team. And I reckon that since he will be doing a commercial post, it should not be in the open forum but in classified section.
Thanks, I will infomr him about this. BTW, any one planning for Kuruva or that part of Wayanad during May 1st long w/e? I am planning to go that week
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 12:59   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 68
Thanked: Once
Default

hey very well written travelogue. Pics look intriguing also. Particularly loved the way this guy has done up the place. It gels in very well with the entire set up.
T_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:08   #26
BHPian
 
arindamray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 749
Thanked: 79 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Here, let me give you a helping hand here. There are few snaps when I traveled there; travelogue @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...y-wayanad.html (Long weekend getaway - 3 day @ Wayanad)

There are a snap of the work going on there for the rafting; Boddy, are they done with that work? Is rafting possible now?
and one from my side
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-45-hours.html (Wayanad in 45 hours)

You can see the raft pictures in this travelogue, used to ferry people from Sultan Bathery side.
arindamray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:42   #27
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 813
Thanked: 220 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
and one from my side
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-45-hours.html (Wayanad in 45 hours)

You can see the raft pictures in this travelogue, used to ferry people from Sultan Bathery side.
Arindam, Looks like it is the same raft in my snap, but I guess it was not operational due to some reason. Sounds like a good option and will try rafting during my next visit in May.

Your narration and snaps are terrfic. I guess you had a packed schedule, mine was just the opposite
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 12:37   #28
BHPian
 
carbaliga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 88
Thanked: Once
Default

Bobby

Thanks for all the information you have posted on this travelogue. I have booked for this place for the long weekend coming this week. I heard from Capt Saju that 2 other Tbhp'ians have also booked. Should be a good experience. Will post my story after the trip.

Regards
-Rajesh
carbaliga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 15:08   #29
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 813
Thanked: 220 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbaliga View Post
Bobby

Thanks for all the information you have posted on this travelogue. I have booked for this place for the long weekend coming this week. I heard from Capt Saju that 2 other Tbhp'ians have also booked. Should be a good experience. Will post my story after the trip.

Regards
-Rajesh
Hi rajesh, That is cool. Looking forward to meet you and other Team BHP-ians there.
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 12:59   #30
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 813
Thanked: 220 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Would like to know who else other than Rajesh is joining in Pepper Green Wayanad during this weekend and the travel plans. I am planning to start around 5 am from JP Nagar 9th phase, Kanakpura Road, NICE, Mysore Road, Srirangapattanam, Hunsur, Nagerhole, Kutta, Thoalpetty, Kattikulam and Pepper Green. Should be there by 12 noon. For identification, mine is a royal blue elantra crdi
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore to Wayanad Meet & Drive. 8th & 9th November, 2014 RSUDARSANAN The Team-BHP Meet Section 53 31st March 2015 18:52
Bangalore-Kuruva Island Roa Condition Required rex_varghese Route / Travel Queries 41 18th May 2012 00:09
Another Unplanned Trip to Kuruva Falls (Wayanad) arin_12 Travelogues 24 7th December 2009 14:20
Bangalore to Kuruva Islands - Night drive Mafioso Route / Travel Queries 8 30th November 2009 13:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks