Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 15th October 2016, 23:30   #436
Default Re: Delhi-Kolkata by Road | NH2 in Full Detail

Completed my Kolkata-Varanasi-Kolkata trip.

Some highlights on the Kolkata-Varanasi section are as follows:

1. Started at around 4:50 am and the Kolkata Panagarh stretch was almost deserted which allowed steady driving at 100-120 km/ hr.
2. The diversions started after Panagarh and continued well in to Jharkhand
3. Jharkhand roads were fabulous including the scenic beauty all around
4. The road became bad after crossing the Sone river and till Sasaram.
5. Instead of entering Varanasi through the Mughal Sarai connector, I took the Ramnagar connector (do not ask me why ) and got caught in terrible traffic snarls due to the Mela.

Did not dare drive inside the city at the time of Dussera/ Vijaya Dashami and Muharram. Activities in Varanasi included visit to Sarnath, Ganga Aarti, Subha-e-Benaras, Kashi Viswanath temple, etc.

For Varanasi-Kolkata:
1. Started at 6:20 am
2. The road is much better, but my average speed was slowed down by multiple breaks (non-synchronized toilet and hunger breaks)
3. Got lost while trying to take the Panagarh expressway as there were some road blocks in place in various points
4. Reached home at 7 pm

The full details of the trip, mileage calculations and some pics are attached (yet to figure out how to align the pictures with the text!!)
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi-Kolkata by Road | NH2 in Full Detail-img_6756.jpg  

Delhi-Kolkata by Road | NH2 in Full Detail-img_6637.jpg  

Delhi-Kolkata by Road | NH2 in Full Detail-img_6707.jpg  

Delhi-Kolkata by Road | NH2 in Full Detail-img_6713.jpg  

Delhi-Kolkata by Road | NH2 in Full Detail-img_6744.jpg  

Delhi-Kolkata by Road | NH2 in Full Detail-img_6747.jpg  

Attached Images
subhrajitdr is offline   Reply With Quote