Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 14th September 2009, 00:42   #31
BHPian

Hi MC,
Is there any by-pass kind of thing around Bangalore or do you need to pass through the city traffic to get to the Mysore road? Can you give a little bit more details about the route?
Thanks.
9tMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 12:12   #32
BHPian

Hello MC.,
Nice pictures. Amazed to know that Strom can do 140kmph. How is the experience with your new Mahindra? I mean quality, noise, vehicle behaviour on road etc.,? Also ,how is the road condition fro Kurnool to Bangalore?
B.R.S.Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 13:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hey MC, that statue is of Field Marshal Carriappa's as far as I know.
BTW, nice travelogue.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 13:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

I caught this thread late anyhow a nice writeup and pics!
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 23:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Hi MC,
Is there any by-pass kind of thing around Bangalore or do you need to pass through the city traffic to get to the Mysore road? Can you give a little bit more details about the route?
Thanks.
Bangalore is the city of RING ROADS. We have Intermediate Ring Road, Inner Ring road, Outer Ring Road, and Peripheral Ring Road is only a few years away.

Jokes apart, the outer ring road encompasses the whole city. Though Bangalore has already outgrown the grips of Outer Ring Road.

If you are coming from north and are leaving the city from west, there are two options. Option 1, take outer ring roads, the roads and exits are marked everywhere so you shouldn't have a problem. Option 2, get onto the NICE road. It runs mainly on the left side of the city, from Hosur road (NH7 south) till NH4 (Bangalore Bombay highway).

Out of the two options, NICE is a better road, but tolled.

For getting around the east part of the city, your best bet is Outer Ring Road. Roads are excellently marked with board on almost every junction.
KishoreC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 21:11   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishoreC View Post

If you are coming from north and are leaving the city from west, there are two options. Option 1, take outer ring roads, the roads and exits are marked everywhere so you shouldn't have a problem. Option 2, get onto the NICE road. It runs mainly on the left side of the city, from Hosur road (NH7 south) till NH4 (Bangalore Bombay highway).

Out of the two options, NICE is a better road, but tolled.

For getting around the east part of the city, your best bet is Outer Ring Road. Roads are excellently marked with board on almost every junction.
Thanks Kishore.
To be a bit more elaborate, I'll be coming from Hyd. by NH-7. So I will be entering Bangy from the north and then to get to the Mysore road (my destination will be Coorg) I suppose I have to exit Bangy from west. Isn't it? In that case NICE road should be the better option, since you are telling that this road runs from the south to the west. But how do i get onto this NICE road while coming from the north via NH 7?
9tMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 13:09   #37
BHPian

Nice write up! hope to hear from you more on the posts!
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 15:26   #38
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Trying to keep pace with Scorpio and Safari. Overtook the Safari but the Scorpio was driving very rash so decided to give up.
Liked this comment a lot. My brother used to advice me. Never philosophise with a truck driver. I always used to let the morons have their way and never enter road rage scenario. Good to see fellow BHPians citing safety above all! Way to go MC.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 11:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the compliment guys!!!

I missed on this thread as was travelling last month.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 11:53   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Hey MC, that statue is of Field Marshal Carriappa's as far as I know.
BTW, nice travelogue.
I had also thought so initially but it is Sam Manekshaw. Just cross checked with the full resolution image

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Liked this comment a lot. My brother used to advice me. Never philosophise with a truck driver. I always used to let the morons have their way and never enter road rage scenario. Good to see fellow BHPians citing safety above all! Way to go MC.
Even though I have had road rage in the city, on the highway, I practice absolute restraint. My philosophy surmised in the few BRO signs below
  1. Its better to Mr. Late than Late Mr.
  2. There is someone waiting for you at home.
  3. Speed thrills but kills.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote