Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 22:03   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,271
Thanked: 1,236 Times
Default

Thanks for the info, Ravvs. You had me slurping when you mentioned about vadas and bajjis in rain.
But-t-t--my BIL visited MB last monsoon, and said he could not see any darn place due to heavy rains. May be due to his bad luck, I'd say!
Did you visit MB on your Lambretta?

Last edited by vnabhi : 21st May 2009 at 22:05.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 23:06   #62
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nice pics of the hotel. How many days in advance did you book it? Do you mind sending me the contact number on PM?
Venu, I will send you the number soon, its somewhere. But, also try googling Savoy Village. I booked it about 10-12 days in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I love this travelogue and pics, they bring back memories of M'war from 2 decades ago! I guess it is time I re-visited the place.
You should plan a trip soon. Its indeed beautiful and especially in monsoons it should be heavenly. Maybe it is a good idea to go when the moonsoon is just about to get over, that ways you can enjoy the slight downpour and the immense greenry that it created.

Now lets see some random road pictures while driving back to Hyderabad and some pictures of a dhaba near solapur where we stopped for lunch around 5pm and our 30-min intended break prolonged to 1.5 hours due to heavy rain that lashed for over an hour.

Brajesh bhai, Satara to Pandharpur was a bit deserted but, it was certainly not lonely as there were several villages in between and quite a bit of traffic too. I mean not really heavy duty but every km or so a lone biker would go or a car would pass, you know what i mean.

And some pictures are of the ghat section while going to Mahabaleshwar, absolute pleasure to drive and is worth taking the baramati route just for this ghat section alone.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7309.jpg  

Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7310.jpg  

Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7345.jpg  

Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7355.jpg  

Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7378.jpg  

Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7379.jpg  

Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7390.jpg  

Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7396.jpg  

Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7466.jpg  

Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7817.jpg  

Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7810.jpg  

Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7807.jpg  

Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7813.jpg  

Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7823.jpg  

Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7819.jpg  

Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7820.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 23:17   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
pulsar56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,173
Thanked: 319 Times
Default

Avi, Neera bhabi is better at the D40x compared to you!
Lovely pictures! So, when is the next T-BHP Hyderabad drive to Mahabaleshwar?
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 23:43   #64
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Avi, Neera bhabi is better at the D40x compared to you!
Lovely pictures! So, when is the next T-BHP Hyderabad drive to Mahabaleshwar?
Thank you Nazim. But, you forgot the setting were being shown by me even while driving

Now how about you folks snatching a handful of blueberries with left hand and grab a bunch of strawberries from your right?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahabaleshwar: A visit to Strawberry and Corn Country !!!-dsc_7655.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 00:43   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
Ravveendrra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,391
Thanked: 405 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks for the info, Ravvs. You had me slurping when you mentioned about vadas and bajjis in rain.
But-t-t--my BIL visited MB last monsoon, and said he could not see any darn place due to heavy rains. May be due to his bad luck, I'd say!
Did you visit MB on your Lambretta?
Yes, with the Lambretta (once with the tyres totally bald) and on the Jawa plus any other ride that we could get including good old ST! The roads between Bombay - Pune - Goa were happy hunting grounds for the Lambretta!

I think Avi hit the nail on the head when he suggested the fag end of the monsoon so that the green cover is complete and the rain loses some of its ferocity.

A July/August drive anyone?

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 22nd May 2009 at 00:48.
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 06:53   #66
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I think Avi hit the nail on the head when he suggested the fag end of the monsoon so that the green cover is complete and the rain loses some of its ferocity. A July/August drive anyone?
Ravvs, it is decided that we are heading towards goa in Aug'09, preferably the Aug 15th weekend. Let's rock goa !!!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 09:40   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MH42
Posts: 1,987
Thanked: 285 Times
Default

@mobike,
nice pics,
man, you missed something?
Not a single line or pic about Mahabaleshwar market/shopping.

Shopping avoid karneke liye bhabhiji ko market dikhaya nahi kya?

I go to Mahabaleshwar every three months and half the budget goes to shopping.

Eachtime, wifey buy that famous chappals from Mahabaleshwar at throw away price, thanks to her bargaining skill.
Some of the chappal vendors recognize us whenever we go there and show us what is latest.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 10:03   #68
BHPian
 
anurag_p80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 313
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Awesome pixs, Avi. Man, I wish Hyderabad was closer to such places so that weekend trips would be possible.

Rajesh bhai, Bhandardara is indeed one awesome place. Specially in Monsoons. Did it with a few friends in 2007. Now let me see if I can dig out some pictures to share....just to keep the mood goin, ya know
anurag_p80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:45   #69
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 374
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Rajesh bhai, Bhandardara is indeed one awesome place. Specially in Monsoons. Did it with a few friends in 2007. Now let me see if I can dig out some pictures to share....just to keep the mood goin, ya know
daal do bhai market mein ,let everyone enjoy that place.

btw did you also do mountain climbing(hiking ) to the top of the kalsubai peak when there?

i made an attempt but came back half way as my 'in shape' body gave up.lol
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:12   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC/MAA
Posts: 1,333
Thanked: 194 Times
Default

Loving the scenic pics. There's so much to see and enjoy in India and i hope the road networks improve and make it easier for people to get around.
nickatnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:27   #71
BHPian
 
anurag_p80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 313
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
btw did you also do mountain climbing(hiking ) to the top of the kalsubai peak when there?

i made an attempt but came back half way as my 'in shape' body gave up.lol
Nahin bhai, too lazy to do that. Was one heck of an experience though. Combined it with a visit to Sula Wineyards. Will look for the pixs on my PC tonite if my condition permits.....lol!!!
anurag_p80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:31   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 790 Times
Default

avi excellent trip there man. Good to see you making use of your camera, however time to clean the sensor and I did mention this the last time also.

Looks like the sensor needs cleaning urgent before the dust turns in fungus. One more thing, the alloys look uber cool for your red car. Drive Safe pal.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:09   #73
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD;1315213[I
Shopping avoid karneke liye bhabhiji ko market dikhaya nahi kya? [/i]
Ashish Bhau, you hit me where it really hurt ( by reminding about the market and shopping)

We spent the saturday evening at the market and wifey bought 3 pairs of chappals/sandals and we bought a lot of stuff from Wilson's Chikki store and walked all the way to the end of the market for some chana from Mama chana wala.

Do you think that was enough? NO !!!!

Next day, we were supposed to leave mahabaleshwar at sharp 10AM, my wifey insists that we should take a quick trip to the market and my god that really made my wallet light. She bought 2 Bandhini Suits, 3-4 tops and we both bought hats. And, the damage was 2.8K..And, left Maby at noon.

Ravvs, i got myself a hat that is similar to yours? You have me giving you a competition to your stenson hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Awesome pixs, Avi. Man, I wish Hyderabad was closer to such places so that weekend trips would be possible.
If only wishes were horses, i would be racing each day at the tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
btw did you also do mountain climbing(hiking ) to the top of the kalsubai peak when there?

i made an attempt but came back half way as my 'in shape' body gave up.lol
Rajesh bhai, i cannot imagine you on a trek even in my wildest dreams...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Loving the scenic pics. There's so much to see and enjoy in India and i hope the road networks improve and make it easier for people to get around.
Absolutely right, even a lifetime is not enough to cover our country

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
avi excellent trip there man. Good to see you making use of your camera, however time to clean the sensor and I did mention this the last time also.

Looks like the sensor needs cleaning urgent before the dust turns in fungus. One more thing, the alloys look uber cool for your red car. Drive Safe pal.
Thanks for your comments Riju. I really need this favor from you, can you please take a couple of pics and highlight where you see the dust? It would really help

Also, can you let me know how to clean the sensor? I have no clue..hehehe !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd May 2009 at 13:13.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 18:29   #74
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,477
Thanked: 158 Times
Default

Nice pictures Avi and hope you enjoyed the trip a lot and lost weight(of your purse) while coming back by shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Thanks for your comments Riju. I really need this favor from you, can you please take a couple of pics and highlight where you see the dust? It would really help
Avi, just see the blue sky in all the pictures and observe the left hand top corners you will find 3-4 round spots, this is visble in the horse pictures and others also.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 11:10   #75
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Avi, just see the blue sky in all the pictures and observe the left hand top corners you will find 3-4 round spots, this is visble in the horse pictures and others also.
Spot on buddy, that was an eye-opener. Now how do i clean the sensor?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Breathe, you are in God's own country! A visit to Munnar dhanushmenon Travelogues 44 9th April 2014 11:15
Short Visit to Chennai(1st Visit):Please suggest Hotel/Lodge and Things to Do ashwinsid Route / Travel Queries 7 22nd January 2010 09:41
Visit to God's own Country - Kerala neoonwheels Travelogues 30 20th October 2008 13:56
Yet another visit to God's Own Country - MUNNAR!!! mjothi Travelogues 79 13th October 2008 13:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks