Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 22nd May 2009, 16:37   #16
BHPian

Nice travelogue. Sure looks a nice place to go to during the monsoons. That is if I can get time off from my place here. The weather here is more or less the same. Rains,fog and cold nights.
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 21:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
That was a neat report! Enjoyed it a lot!

Driving at night, especially with the full-beamers that we have on our highways, can be a pain if you are not used to it.

And repeating the same question: what is the "Brrr...."? Is it due to the cold @ Kodai?

Yes it was so cold that whenever we were outside we were going brrrr (rightly guessed by mobike008). I didnt get to rotate the pics. I was tired and also catching up on office emails so I guess it totally slipped my mind to rotate them.
ash_blore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 21:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Cool snaps.. The one in the mist with you and kid and the little one with umbrella are lovely.. Around 10 is not a bad average with ghats and stuff..
that was not me. It was the tour guide with my daughter. It was so misty and I didnt want to miss the photo op. The umbrella one is great. I like that one too. I agree with the mileage. When I went to ooty in sep 08 I got around 9 kmpl. However this time it was a longer drive with loooong good roads (except for the dindigul salem bit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Nice travelogue. Sure looks a nice place to go to during the monsoons. That is if I can get time off from my place here. The weather here is more or less the same. Rains,fog and cold nights.
thanks. It is indeed nice after the rain if you dont mind the cold. I loved it considering the hot summer we were having at bangalore. As jedi.knight pointed out looks like I got some of the rain back with me.
ash_blore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 07:07   #19
BHPian

Talking about Kodai rain, thought of sharing a pic taken in 2004 near the Kodai lake. The rain had come down all of a sudden and we (I and my wife) had to run for cover under the shelter of the boat house. We had gotten all wet by then and were shivering from the chill. Yeah it was brrrr for sure!
Attached Images

pjay_in is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote