Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 26th May 2009, 12:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Arre, you never called me.could have met you on 23rd.i was in roorkee-haridwar on 22nd.

good pics of the trip by the way.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 15:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
nice start. waiting for next episodes.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
aah so many guys going to dehradun.I am getting homesick.
Waiting for the next part of the report sn.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Srini, so you completed Uttaranchal trip in no time.
It just took me to our Dehradun, Mussorie trip (Official College Camp rather) way back in 1999.Eager to see those places again.
Abhi
I had only 2 days and had to complete all the places in 2 days. It was touch and go for most of the places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
The name Dehradun brings bank my meories of several trips to Defense electronics application lab at dehradun way back in 1996-98. I always made it a point to travel from Delhi by Shatabi and return via bus from Dehradun. the Road is very scenic

i am keen to see the photographs and dear details, please bring them on fast.
Sure. Just wait for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Now I know, why you went missing for a long time.
How was the weather?
Weather was 43 deg C in Haridwar. Tooooo hot compared to Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
keep them coming.
Sure. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@snaronikar,
nice pics.
Had you visited Patanjali yogpith[ swami Ramdev baba] on the way to Haridwar at Bahadarabad?
it seems that you had visited Mansadevi temple late evening. The daylight view of Ganga from that temple is truly mesmerizing.
Thankx. Nope. I did not have time. Yes, we visited Manasa Devi temple in evening. We went around 12.30 pm and the waiting time was for 3 hours. We thought we will complete the darshan in evening. The waiting time in evening was 1 hr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
Interesting travelogue, eagerly awaiting for more. The buildings look too close to the river, wonder what happens at times of flood.

I suppose Haridwar and Rishikesh were hot like Delhi. Was Dehradun any better?
Yes, Haridwar was too hot. But fortunately, when we landed in Rishikesh, there was a breeze and it rained for around 15 mins and the temp came down drastically. Dehradun was hot but when comared to Delhi and haridwar, it was not much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
So, you are back. Good to see such nice pics. Especially, the... No, I know that you got it

Come on boy. We don't tell anyone.
Yes, i'am back. What is it you are talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
@snaronikar - In the last meet you were so thin and this time you have put on lot of weight i guess.
You caught it right. I had gone up by 2.3 kgs from your last meeting. But I was not sooo thin as you have mentioned.

Thanks for the replies guys. Will post some more whenever I find time today.

Last edited by snaronikar : 26th May 2009 at 15:27.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 17:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

Here comes the Rishikesh Pics:

An accident on way to Rishikesh:
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01001.jpg

Some ramdom pics on way to rishikesh:
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01008.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01009.jpg

Temples - The below is 4000 years old (as per guide)
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01013.jpg

Shiva temple
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01014.jpg

The Laxman Jhoola
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01016.jpg

View of river from Laxman Jhoola
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01019.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01020.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01023.jpg

Rishikesh to be contd...
Old 26th May 2009, 17:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Myself on Jhoola:
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01030.jpg

Vehicles passing through Laxman Jhoola - Not sure whether this is legal.
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01032.jpg

Some random pics of Laxman Jhoola:
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01033.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01034.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01036.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01042.jpg

The Ram Jhoola (Pic taken frm boat while crossing the river)
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01050.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01056.jpg

We finished off this day with the visit to Haridwar-Rishikesh-Haridwar and moved to Dehradun in night. Stayed at a Hotel Himsagar in Dehradun. A OK hotel. Took an a/c double room for Rs.1100 (we got corporate discount of 20%). We did got to any star hotel as our main intention was to spend the night and check out in the morning.

Coming up Dehradun...the town of cave temple

Last edited by snaronikar : 26th May 2009 at 17:53.
Old 26th May 2009, 18:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Dehradun - 23/05/09.

Woke up in the morning and got ready. Just browsed the internet about the places to see in Dheradun. We came up with the list. It included Tapkeshwar Temple, Sahasra Dhara, Malsi Deer Park, Rajaji National Park, Robber's cave, Durbar Sri Guru ram rai, Tapovan and Dakpathar. since we had only 3 hours to spend in Dehradun, we planned to visit some of the places like Tapkeshwar temple, deer park, Tapovan.

Our tour started with tapkeshwar temple. It is a magnificent old cave temple. It is around 6000 years old where you find Guru Dronacharya / his son Ashwathama / and Tapkeshwar (lord shiva) did the "tapas" here. The idols of the gods are installed inside the caves and you can hardly walk in the temple. You have to bend and go inside the temple and you have to be bent inside the temple (you cannot stand straight) as there is no space to stand. There is one river which flows in between the temple called "River Toons". You will find lots of sages/sanyasis here. Some pics of the same.

Entrance to the Tapkeshwar temple:

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01099.jpg

You need to walk down to the foothill for entering the cave:
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01081.jpg

Guru Dronacharya:
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01083.jpg

Santhoshi Maa temple:
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01084.jpg

Vaishno Devi Gupha Mandir:
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01085.jpg

Lord Tapkeshwar:
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01086.jpg

Shiva temple inside the cave:
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01087.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01088.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01089.jpg

More pics coming up...
Old 26th May 2009, 18:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Tapkeshwar temple cont....

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01090.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01092.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01094.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01095.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01097.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01098.jpg

Cont...deer park
Attached Thumbnails
Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01099.jpg  

Last edited by snaronikar : 26th May 2009 at 18:18.
Old 26th May 2009, 18:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

The deer park...Concluding part of Dehradun:

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01161.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01165.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01168.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01169.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01172.jpg

Off to cure my sins, visitng a hanging bridge and a 7000 feet hill station-dsc01173.jpg

To be continued....Mussoorie
Old 26th May 2009, 19:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Good job mate, so now your bosses know why you finish work superfast when you are "trotting". Why that unnatural colour in the first four snaps taken from the plane?

"deer park"?? Looks more like a mini zoo.

How can I not say
"nice pics, keep them coming"!!
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 19:27   #24
Team-BHP Support

Wow, didn't know that you were in Western UP. If you had told so, I could have asked you to bring some stuff from Saharanpur for me

Boss, your pictures & post remind me that it's ~2 years that I visited Saharanpur & nearby areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
.. Man the Capital city was soo hot. It was 42 deg.
Did you feel the 'hot loo' winds? Man, they can really kill..

Quote:
So, here is the route taken by us: (both to and fro)
Saharanpur-Bhawanpur-Roorkee-Bahdarabad-Haridwar-Rishikesh-Haridwar-Dehradun-Mussoorie-Dehradun-Chutmalpur-Gagalhari-Saharanpur.
I think it is 'Bhagwanpur' & not Bhawanpur.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 20:08   #25
Team-BHP Support

Never been to this side of india, nice travelogue!
Thanks.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 22:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post

you're correct on that.Its the major industrial area in uttarakhand.

And you've also been to saharanpur.cool.I keep going there.do let me know if you need anything.i'll be able to help you out on that.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 08:53   #27
BHPian

Now waiting to see Mussoorie. Hope you have taken pics en route so that we can get a feel of the route as well.
pjay_in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 09:23   #28
BANNED

Nice pics, Srini. Keep them coming

Very well written.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 12:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Good job mate, so now your bosses know why you finish work superfast when you are "trotting". Why that unnatural colour in the first four snaps taken from the plane?

"deer park"?? Looks more like a mini zoo.

How can I not say
"nice pics, keep them coming"!!
First 4 snaps were taken from my mobile and from inside the plane. Assume it as my mobile tricks. Yeah..even I was wondering why it was called deer park? Just because deers were seen in that park (?). Thanks for yoru last sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Wow, didn't know that you were in Western UP. If you had told so, I could have asked you to bring some stuff from Saharanpur for me

Boss, your pictures & post remind me that it's ~2 years that I visited Saharanpur & nearby areas.

Did you feel the 'hot loo' winds? Man, they can really kill..

No problem Khan. I will be visiting this place maybe in June/July for product trials. Maybe you can tell me then. Yes, I felt the 'hot loo' winds near Lajpat nagar market. We held our breath for some time and ran from that place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Never been to this side of india, nice travelogue!
Thanks.
Thanks, Jaggu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
you're correct on that.Its the major industrial area in uttarakhand.

And you've also been to saharanpur.cool.I keep going there.do let me know if you need anything.i'll be able to help you out on that.
Thanks. I will let you know next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
Now waiting to see Mussoorie. Hope you have taken pics en route so that we can get a feel of the route as well.
Yes, I have taken pics of enroute to Mussoorie. Infact I have the pics of only enroute as there was nothing much to see in Mussoorie. Your wait will be over by today evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Nice pics, Srini. Keep them coming

Very well written.
Thanks Rishi. I can understand the hidden meaning of your 1st sentence.

Last edited by snaronikar : 27th May 2009 at 12:22.
Old 27th May 2009, 12:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
First 4 snaps were taken from my mobile and from inside the plane. Assume it as my mobile tricks.
You used your mobile inside the flight 32K feet above ground

I hope you were in wireless mode.

Quote:
Thanks Rishi. I can understand the hidden meaning of your 1st sentence.
he he, there is nothing hidden now.

Last edited by mjothi : 27th May 2009 at 12:28.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote