Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 1st June 2009, 16:17   #1
BANNED

Default Delhi-nainital-delhi/bandhavgarh Forest Safari

This is my first travelling experience sharing with you guys, was looking for a mini vacation which was more for some relaxing then travelling and exploring.Started off at 5.30AM from delhi by route via muradabad which directly goes till kathgodam, muradabad stretch is under construction so roads were bad and traffic was slow, else superb driving experience.Naini lake is beautiful and around this lake is the whole nainital built.Weather started off badly at kathgodam with raining very heavily and we took almost 4 hours reaching nainital from there and it rained whole night that day, but good news were it made nainital cold and other days were superb with clouds got apart for our outings.Cannot post in between pictures so narrating the story all here and then will let the pics do the talk.Golf course was good and well maintained and kid had lot of fun running around there.ropeway has its specified time limit to reach back down within 3 to 3&half hours, pretty hushy time there but was fun.Saw a old classic mahindra dark green parked and very well maintained there.Rest to follow.
Attached Images

vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 16:23   #2
BANNED

on my way back found these juggads all around UP , which are made from different parts of different vehicles, are not registered with their RTO and mainly used for local transportation commercially.It has steering,rods,differs,wheels,all from different vehicles, runs on pump motor and makes horrible sound.
Attached Images

Old 1st June 2009, 16:29   #3
BANNED

now these are few pictures from Bandhavgarh forest safari, first one is taken at 5.00am and look where our 4x4 gypsy is in line, .We were late but still made it on first batch which was good, it was pretty cool that morning and it was good for us as days were damn hot out there and that cool breeze made us enjoy our ride.
Also we saw was this huge idol of lord shiva on the fort of bandhavgarh which was almost 80ft long and was believed that pond nearby never gets dry 365x24 round the year.Enjoy the pics.
Attached Images

Old 1st June 2009, 16:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

@vijay,
travelogue? when? which car? how many people? route? distance? resort? any specialty? car performance? pic tagging?
nainital and bhandhavgad, two different destinations in same travelogue, confusing.

oops, too many questions in my mind.

i hope, you have the answers.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 13:17   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@vijay,
travelogue? when? which car? how many people? route? distance? resort? any specialty? car performance? pic tagging?
nainital and bhandhavgad, two different destinations in same travelogue, confusing.

oops, too many questions in my mind.

i hope, you have the answers.
well Ashish, was visiting cousins in delhi and had few days spare, so finalised to visit nainital, travelling were me,wifey and kid.Was supposed to take my cousins car and drive but just then his car had broke down on gurgaon pass so had to finalise on booking a cab instead, happy though could get more time to play with kid.
After returning from nainital were going to drop kid and wifey to her place which is near jabalpurM.P.Over there planned overnight for a trip to bandhavgarh.Routes and details to follow soon.Thanks.