Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 30th June 2009, 22:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

My Alto is 3+ years old now, and only yesterday I returned from a round trip to Agra. With AC on, its fairly easy till 80-90, it starts to struggle when you push it beyond 115-120. I comfortably cruised at 115-110 almost the entire stretch. With occasional pushes to 125.

It just won't go past 125, no matter what you do, it just won't go!! But, for an 800cc motor, its quite ok I guess.

And yes, a good ICE definitely helps to keep the noise out!!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 30th June 2009 at 22:52.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 12:18   #17
BHPian

Thanks, everyone. I will post the difference once I pay a visit to the service station.

I seriously have to buy a digital camera now. I can see how incomplete the posts are without pics.
travelwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 15:29   #18
BHPian

Another thing which I experienced was fogging inside the car. The front windshield fogged out. I tried switching on the heater and turning the knobs around, turning the switch that directed the air towards the windshield but to no avail. Finally, it worked when I switched on the AC and the glass cleared.

Any idea on what is the best way to keep the glass from fogging? It rains heavily in Bombay and I will face this problem frequently.

Well I had the same experience but in cold weather in Bangalore, I guess turning on the heater is a better option in chilly weather conditions to avoid the glass from fogging from the inside. Do understand, this will take slightly longer for the fog to clear up from the inside. Would recommend this only if the windshield is not tinted or has an anti-glare coating.
glenrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

@travelwriter,
its always nice to drive on expressway during monsoon.
today morning, i drove my alto from lonavala to pune by expressway. there was drizzle.
speed was maintained between 90-105. it was cool drive.
some pics taken between 9:30 to 10 am.
Maiden venture - longish highway drive on Mumbai Pune Expressway-h-356.jpg
Maiden venture - longish highway drive on Mumbai Pune Expressway-h-359.jpg
Maiden venture - longish highway drive on Mumbai Pune Expressway-h-370.jpg
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Fastest timing i have done on Pune (Symbiosis@Hinjewadi) to Vashi (NaviMumbai) is 55 minutes. i had started at 10:30 PM (after a dinner with a Prof of Symbiosis) and
reached my home at Vashi by 11:25 PM after dropping a colleague at his home in Belapur.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 3rd July 2009 at 16:17.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 10:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@travelwriter,
its always nice ...]
Its a pleasure to be there when its raining, isn't it? I was there when it was pouring quite heavily. I wish I had a digital camera. Could have cicked a few myself.

Off topic: - Is there any place within, say, 3 hours from Bombay where I can take my wife and son over the weekend? Beaches would be preferrable (I hate them, but wife loves them). Do let me know
Old 6th July 2009, 10:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
Is there any place within, say, 3 hours from Bombay where I can take my wife and son over the weekend? Beaches would be preferrable (I hate them, but wife loves them). Do let me know
monsoon and beach do not go together. avoid beaches during monsoon.
there are three monsoon destinations within your reach of 3 hours.

1] lonavala and khandala--these are destinations mostly prefered by mumbai and pune people. bhushi dam at lonavala is famous for overflowing water from dam. avoid this place during weekends. you have to wait 15 more days for overflowing water. now a days, lonawala is too crowdy.

2] malshej ghat----if you want to see raw nature, come here. myself is going to malshej ghat on 8th july. avoid weekends as this ghat is jam packed with drunkurd hoolingans. there is mtdc resort to stay.

3] bhandaradara--- this is beautiful place with wilson dam and arthur lake on pravara river. driving time from mumbai is @ 5 hours. randha fall is famous in that song of ram teri ganga maili. there is nice mtdc resort. this is family destination. two days required for this spot. you can go any time there. wait for 15 more days for water at randha falls.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 6th July 2009 at 10:43.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 10:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
monsoon and beach...andha falls.
Thanks, Ashish. Bhandaradara seems to be the best out of these. I have had a brief check on the web. Will keep you posted on the final plan