Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 21st July 2009, 16:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

Wow nice pics.On what profile tires u r running on ZXi alloys and how is the ride?
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 17:01   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel;
Thank you. I actually did not keep a track of the FE during this trip. But just a month back on a similar trip to Ooty got an FE of around 19.5kmpl
19.5kmpl is great! Is it with A/C or without ? I hope hilly region doesn't need A/C in this season.
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 22:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by judhin View Post
WOW, Great Pic and a wonderful place
Thanks Judhin. Welcome to TBHP!!! Enjoy your stay here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Nice travelogue and lovely photographs dude. Even we went exploring the Glenmorgan route in our last visit. And it was some 8-9 km of desolate road, we should've gone further but time was not there to explore. I heard that there is some power generation station there, not sure though. Someone from that area can confirm it. And next time head towards Avalanche too, unspoilt area mostly but not so good roads.
Thanks Kaushik. Yes. There is a power generation station ta Glenmorgan. Drive was cary through the desolate roads. I heard there is a beatiful lake at Glenmorgan. Next time I am at Ooty I wat to visit some of the less explored places. That includes Avalance..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
just a question was it easy to drive on those roads i mean hill area on DdiS engine without any hiccups?
Vijay..ddis is a dream to drive on hill roads. No hiccups. Infact the engine gets better in cool hilly weather. Just my personal opinion. Not sure why you asked this question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Wow nice pics.On what profile tires u r running on ZXi alloys and how is the ride?
Thanks Ram. I run JK vectras 185/70 R14. Ride is good and smooth. I maintain front 33psi and rear 31psi. Only issue is tyre is noisy during ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
19.5kmpl is great! Is it with A/C or without ? I hope hilly region doesn't need A/C in this season.
Without AC i got 19.5kmpl. My trip to Madurai and Kodaikanal last week returned 21.8kmpl with 60% AC. This was just after my 20k service.
dreamdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:33   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel
Without AC i got 19.5kmpl. My trip to Madurai and Kodaikanal last week returned 21.8kmpl with 60% AC. This was just after my 20k service.
Excellent! 21.8kmpl is in deed a great mileage. Waiting for your Madurai-Kodaikanal travelogue.
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 22:34   #35
BHPian

Dreamdiesel,
Taken the accommodation reservation in Ooty . Thanks a lot for your PM
Ravi.Potla
potlaravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 10:58   #36
BHPian

Nice travelogue and beautiful pictures, i am planning to drive down during the month of October, would you be able to give me some information on the Nalapad residency, is there a restaurant there or do i have to drive out for each meal. Your travelogue has got me interested to visit the Kodanad, though i have been to Ooty,never had been to this place.
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 20:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Nice travelogue and beautiful pictures, i am planning to drive down during the month of October, would you be able to give me some information on the Nalapad residency, is there a restaurant there or do i have to drive out for each meal. Your travelogue has got me interested to visit the Kodanad, though i have been to Ooty,never had been to this place.
Thank you Majic. I will PM you the info on Nalpad Residency. October is a good time to visit Ooty. Its off-season and less crowded. Beyond Ooty, Coonoor and Kodanad is a must visit place. On a clear day, the view from Kodanad is simply superb.
Old 10th September 2009, 21:47   #38
BHPian

cool stuff , car looks solid - thanks
aerohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 15:43   #39
BHPian

Thanks for the information on Nalapad Residency, i now just hope that the weather would be clear at Kodanad when i am there.
Old 13th September 2009, 20:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post

Thanks Kaushik. Yes. There is a power generation station ta Glenmorgan. Drive was cary through the desolate roads. I heard there is a beatiful lake at Glenmorgan. Next time I am at Ooty I wat to visit some of the less explored places. That includes Avalance..
There is a beautiful lake at Glenmorgan and some beautiful tea estate on the way . at the end there is also a cable tramway , all the way down to singara , power gen station near masinagudi. you need permission from TNEB to get on this tramway, but i hear that its a blast.

Here are some pictures i managed to sneak in , officially its a no photography prohibited zone.

DD sorry for posting these on your thread
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Ooty/Coonoor/Kotagiri in Swift D again!!!-honeymoon_trip_sep07-177-large.jpg  

Bangalore - Ooty/Coonoor/Kotagiri in Swift D again!!!-honeymoon_trip_sep07-178-large.jpg  

Bangalore - Ooty/Coonoor/Kotagiri in Swift D again!!!-honeymoon_trip_sep07-192-large.jpg  

Bangalore - Ooty/Coonoor/Kotagiri in Swift D again!!!-honeymoon_trip_sep07-195-large.jpg  

Bangalore - Ooty/Coonoor/Kotagiri in Swift D again!!!-honeymoon_trip_sep07-203-large.jpg  

Bangalore - Ooty/Coonoor/Kotagiri in Swift D again!!!-honeymoon_trip_sep07-202-large.jpg  

hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 15:25   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
There is a beautiful lake at Glenmorgan and some beautiful tea estate on the way . at the end there is also a cable tramway , all the way down to singara , power gen station near masinagudi. you need permission from TNEB to get on this tramway, but i hear that its a blast.

Here are some pictures i managed to sneak in , officially its a no photography prohibited zone.

DD sorry for posting these on your thread
Wow!!! Thats a really nice place. Thanks for the pictures hellstar. The ride on that cable tramway all the way down to Masinagudi will be awesome..
Old 15th September 2009, 13:22   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Wow!!! Thats a really nice place. Thanks for the pictures hellstar. The ride on that cable tramway all the way down to Masinagudi will be awesome..
Hellstar wonderful photographs, man are you sure that the tramway is still open, when last heard about the same has been stopped. But that trip is something that is worthwhile doing, i still cherish memories of the same for the one opportunity that i got.
Old 15th September 2009, 15:16   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Hellstar wonderful photographs, man are you sure that the tramway is still open, when last heard about the same has been stopped. But that trip is something that is worthwhile doing, i still cherish memories of the same for the one opportunity that i got.
This tramway i suppose it is still being used by the forest and the TNEB officials, or is it stopped now ?. The view from up there is just damn amazing.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 16:28   #44
BANNED

Awesome snaps Hellstar. Can imagine how thrilling the tram way ride near those penstocks will be. Running through this thread, felt I have not seen the real Ooty
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 17:42   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
This tramway i suppose it is still being used by the forest and the TNEB officials, or is it stopped now ?. The view from up there is just damn amazing.
It was never officially used by the forest dept , it was always been under the control of the TNEB , and yes it is still in operation , this is the only way they can inspect the pen stock pipes which feed water to the hydro electric power plants downstream. You would need to get permission from the TNEB vigilance Dept at chennai to have a ride on this. There is also a tunnel which takes you from this point straight down to masinagudi have seen its entrance but dunno if they allow visitors

Quote:

yes they use the tram way atleast once a month for inspection and repairs of those pipes
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote