Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Closed Thread

Old 31st July 2009, 12:40   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

I think I have THE video Sam. Let me check my mobile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I think the photographer didn't know how to use that camera, lol. She had been doing a pretty good job so far with my camera.
Guess it was on night mode or so. Sad.
Old 31st July 2009, 12:42   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The lasers were too strong, nobody has a decent photo. I'm safe.
Oh yeah? Someone please post the photo to refute the claim. Do it fast.

Hey Sam, hope that someday you'll travel to North-eastern part of our country someday and bring that often forgotten place to the lime-light. With your writing, I'm sure you can.
Old 31st July 2009, 13:31   #213
BANNED

Quote:
I was staying at the Neel City Club. Why?
I hail from a place near to Rajkot. I think I had been to Neel City club few years back for Dandiya during Navaratri.

BTW, after your Rajkot visit, (if you had chance to visit interior villages) do we expect you to post pics of "Choyni" like you did for "Mundu"?
Old 31st July 2009, 14:03   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Hey Sam, hope that someday you'll travel to North-eastern part of our country someday and bring that often forgotten place to the lime-light. With your writing, I'm sure you can.
+1 to that. Sam can easily do ten times more than what's been done by the Govt Dept dedicated to Assam Tourism, spending a few days here and blogging about it.

Last edited by tortoiseNhare : 31st July 2009 at 14:04.
Old 31st July 2009, 14:16   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I hail from a place near to Rajkot. I think I had been to Neel City club few years back for Dandiya during Navaratri.

BTW, after your Rajkot visit, (if you had chance to visit interior villages) do we expect you to post pics of "Choyni" like you did for "Mundu"?
I didn't wear any traditional clothes in Gujarat, but I do have a picture for your entertainment.

I rode a chhagda, lol. Even though it's not remotely connected to Kerala, I think you will enjoy this photo.

YetiBlog® - Krash Kourse Kerala!-dsc02425_l.jpg

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 31st July 2009 at 14:20.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2009, 14:19   #216
Senior - BHPian

lol Sam,

that chhagda with number GJ1 W3451 is even registered with RTO.

I hope, that registration is for original bike that is converted to moon cart.

look at front suspension of that moon cart.

mercs and hondas should study this cart for new laws of engineering.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 31st July 2009 at 14:24.
Old 31st July 2009, 14:21   #217
Team-BHP Support

I suspect the bike was registered with RTO, and the guy went ahead after registration and got a mod job done
Old 31st July 2009, 14:31   #218
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I'm more than willing to try my hand at wearing a mundu if we could get all the ladies in my co to wear sarees with those blouses Nick was talking about!

If wishes were horses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Join my company Hope you know why.

Sam! people are hijacking your thread!
jkd,
which company do you work for?
i presume it is a company which has made one day in a week mandatory saree dress code for ladies..
Old 31st July 2009, 14:32   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Ashishpallod and tsk1979 - you may be surprised to know that these "chakadas" are actually homologated in India. They are actually operated on the chassis dynamometer in order to comply the emission norms, and they do comply. The engine is supplied by Greaves Aurangabad. I happened to witness many such tests in Pune some time back when Euro 1 norms were applicable in India. They are actually registered as chakadas and not as motorcycles converted afterwards.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2009, 14:51   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I didn't wear any traditional clothes in Gujarat, but I do have a picture for your entertainment.

I rode a chhagda, lol. Even though it's not remotely connected to Kerala, I think you will enjoy this photo.

Attachment 167771
Muralidhar! Sam M Kapasiya!

Edit: See the background !

Outlaw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classico View Post
jkd,
which company do you work for?
i presume it is a company which has made one day in a week mandatory saree dress code for ladies..
The same Tuesday to be precise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Ashishpallod and tsk1979 - you may be surprised to know that these "chakadas" are actually homologated in India. They are actually operated on the chassis dynamometer in order to comply the emission norms, and they do comply. The engine is supplied by Greaves Aurangabad. I happened to witness many such tests in Pune some time back when Euro 1 norms were applicable in India. They are actually registered as chakadas and not as motorcycles converted afterwards.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
The same engine they use for Diesel Bullet ?
Old 31st July 2009, 15:03   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
I was doubtful about bike registration as the number plate is painted in yellow black meant for commercial vehicle.
I noticed the Greaves engine. Same type of Greaves engine is used in Ape three wheeler from Piaggio here in Baramati.
I wonder how safety norms are fulfilled by those vehicles if legally authorized by RTO but that is subject of new thread.

Thanks Sam for giving us new subject "Chhakada" for discussion.

mundu, chhakada,....keep it up.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 31st July 2009 at 15:05.
Old 31st July 2009, 15:27   #222
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

It was hilarious to see Sam KapasiYYAA dance with the other dude. It was a full romantic scene, holding hands, eye contact, swaying together to music and all. We all were in total splits. Jenny nearly emptied her bag for the camera so that she could take a pic but by then Sam came back promptly offering to pay us for not publishing the pics or videos .

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Sam do I need a new pair of glasses or is it camera shake?
Thats Jenny still trying to recover from the fact that she had just witnessed Yeti dancing hand in hand with another dude .

Quote:
Did you guys ntoice that Sam is standing at a 4-8" lower level than everyone else and still looks taller than many.
It was meant to be the "pic of equal heights" as Sam called it. Sigh!
Old 31st July 2009, 15:32   #223
Senior - BHPian

Another entertaining Yeti blog!

Quote:
Talk about misnomers. The Fortune hotel turns out to be a great misfortune.
Wrong choice! The Fortune in Calicut has been on the downward slide for sometime now. It is no longer managed by the Welcome group. The Taj Gateway Hotel, which is close by, would have been a better option.

Quote:
All we have as a memory of calicut s a few dried dates and some rambutan.
A pity, since north Kerala is known for its fine cuisine.
Old 31st July 2009, 15:34   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 167771
Tum Muralidhar ki gaadi chaloge to Muralidhar kya chalayega
Old 31st July 2009, 15:49   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Day Six: Alleppey!!

We wake up in Trivandrum, all rested and fresh.

I'm a little better, but my nose is still blocked from the cold. Wonder of wonders, the sun is out is full swing. We could not have asked for a better beginning.

I have booked the ticket from Trivandrum to Alleppey from the IRCTC website before i left for Kerala. We're travelling on the Jan Shatabdi. This will be the only Airconditioned seater train we will take.

TheOne® is completely irritated by the window on the train.

A) It does not open.
B) It is covered with a layer of old, scratched rotten sun film, making sure that no one can see outside.
C) There's even a curtain covering that too!

After half an hour of sitting there quietly, she realises that the window behind her has no film and is clear (er). Soon she has convinced a very embarrassed me to request the person behind me to swap with us, as my wife would like to look out of the window.

The journey is quick and uneventful and before we know it, we're at Allapuzha station.
Our original plan was to be here for 2 nights and then get from here to Cochin to take a return flight.

As part of our ever-changing, we-have-a-plan, no-we-have-no-plan, so-what's-the-plan life we have decided to return to Cochin tomorrow morning.
I decide to book tickets on the same Jan Shatabdi to Cochin tomorrow, making sure I get 2nd class this time. I wouldn't want to annoy TheOne® by buying AC tickets instead.

I have to make a reservation with a form. I do so and 15 minutes later I'm out, with my reserved tickets. The Rickshaw guy that hounded us earlier is still waiting, trying to pick a conversation with Jenny.

How much to the boat race finishing point? I ask - JKD has taught me well.
50 Rupees he says. I nod my approval, JKD had told me it would be 50 bucks.

A quick stop at the ATM and we're at the finishing point. I call my contact who seems a little surprised at hearing I'm there already.

Already?
Yeah.
Already there at finishing point?
Yeah.
You wait there, my person will come.

Where?
Where you wait?

I look up.
Police station?
OK wait.

We chill at the place looking at the beautiful houseboats. We're soon going to be on our way!!

YetiBlog® - Krash Kourse Kerala!-dsc_9334_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Krash Kourse Kerala!-dsc_9337_l.jpg
Closed Thread