Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Closed Thread

Old 5th August 2009, 16:57   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
Man this thread is weird , started with a trip , went to Mundu's , then there was a lull in the activity and the Yeti blogged again , now we are back to Mundu's and guys playing volleyball in Mundu's and to beat it all we are also having a "spot the mistake" competition between Sam and Navin..Weird..?? or Wonderful ??
Since we've come so far riding 'Mundu', I would like to bring up an incident describing another not very common, but a very powerful use of 'Mundu'.

I was told this by my wife. This incident, it looks like, happened in SB College, Changanacherry. I've no confirmation whether this really happened while she was studying there or some of her seniors cooked up this story and passed it on to the juniors.

There were two brothers employed at the college, one was a prof. and the other used to work in one of the labs. They used to quarrel regularly while at the college and the quarrel crossed the limits one day and the bro who worked in the lab expressed his anger/rage by lifting him 'Mundu'. Now, 'Mundu lifting' is considered as a very offensive action in most part of the 'Mundu' land. Now, the prof. bro felt totally helpless and had no options, since he was wearing trousers. But, he was smarter, and without wasting even a second he lifted the 'Mundu' of his colleague who was amusingly watching the bros quarrel never expecting soon he will be party to the fun ...
Old 5th August 2009, 17:00   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
I think the travelogue is not finished yet.
Am I right?
Right as always Ashish.
Old 5th August 2009, 21:43   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think the travelogue is not finished yet.
...unless they have decided to spend the rest of their lives on a Kerala houseboat!

Mind you, I can think of much worse things

(cross-posted with Sam)

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 5th August 2009 at 21:44.
Old 6th August 2009, 15:42   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
Since we've come so far riding 'Mundu', I would like to bring up an incident describing another not very common, but a very powerful use of 'Mundu'.

I was told this by my wife. This incident, it looks like, happened in SB College, Changanacherry. I've no confirmation whether this really happened while she was studying there or some of her seniors cooked up this story and passed it on to the juniors.

There were two brothers employed at the college, one was a prof. and the other used to work in one of the labs. They used to quarrel regularly while at the college and the quarrel crossed the limits one day and the bro who worked in the lab expressed his anger/rage by lifting him 'Mundu'. Now, 'Mundu lifting' is considered as a very offensive action in most part of the 'Mundu' land. Now, the prof. bro felt totally helpless and had no options, since he was wearing trousers. But, he was smarter, and without wasting even a second he lifted the 'Mundu' of his colleague who was amusingly watching the bros quarrel never expecting soon he will be party to the fun ...
Rex, I have heard the same story about a quarrel happening in a bus. I heard it in the form of a joke though, not a true story. The main protagonist was the bus conductor who lifted a hapless traveller's mundu.
Old 6th August 2009, 16:10   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
Rex, I have heard the same story about a quarrel happening in a bus. I heard it in the form of a joke though, not a true story. The main protagonist was the bus conductor who lifted a hapless traveller's mundu.
So, i guess its a new mode of payment.

Old 6th August 2009, 16:32   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

if you happen to read SK pottakad's ( A mallu novelist) "Oru Deshathinte Katha" (A story about a nation) the mundu lifting done between two village ladies during a heated quarrel is humorously portrayed.
Old 6th August 2009, 16:48   #277
BHPian

Sam please start writing before this gets Mundujacked once again
Old 6th August 2009, 17:24   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Sam please start writing before this gets Mundujacked once again
Actually before he heads to Goa.
Old 6th August 2009, 17:25   #279
BHPian

Quote:
It seems none of you heard of what really happened in the Legislative Assembly several years back!

Last edited by janitha : 6th August 2009 at 17:33.
Old 6th August 2009, 17:26   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Right as always Ashish.
Waiting. I always knew Kerala is beautiful, visit every year, but you definitely made framed it wonderfully well!
Old 6th August 2009, 17:37   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Actually before he heads to Goa.
Coming soon a brand new Yeti blog to PC's near you; I hope so

Sam: Last time around you visited a Ayurvedic Massage centre in Goa; surprised not to have read about one during your Kerala Krash Kourse.
Old 7th August 2009, 08:57   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
if you happen to read SK pottakad's ( A mallu novelist) "Oru Deshathinte Katha" (A story about a nation) the mundu lifting done between two village ladies during a heated quarrel is humorously portrayed.
Yes I remember reading it. A 'learning experience' for the young hero of the story who watched the two neighbours fight . BTW describing SK Pottekkatt as just 'a mallu novelist' could be a bit unfair - he was a jnanpith winner

There was also a mundu lifting story/joke about an erstwhile political figure from malabar. This was just one of the several funny stories that was in circulation about him (MHSRIP).

Last edited by pjay_in : 7th August 2009 at 09:10.
Old 7th August 2009, 09:04   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I remember reading it. A 'learning experience' for the young hero of the story who watched the two neighbours fight . BTW describing SK Pottekkad as just 'a mallu novelist' is a bit unfair - he was a jnanpith winner

There was also a mundu lifting story/joke about an erstwhile political figure from malabar. This was just one of the several funny stories that was in circulation about him (MHSRIP).
seethi haji, right? I think Janitha was also refering this one
Old 7th August 2009, 09:11   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
seethi haji, right? I think Janitha was also refering this one
Just didn't want to name the character
Old 8th August 2009, 21:07   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Coming soon a brand new Yeti blog to PC's near you; I hope so

Sam: Last time around you visited a Ayurvedic Massage centre in Goa; surprised not to have read about one during your Kerala Krash Kourse.
Yes, yes there is a massage experience in Kerala (coming soon)
Closed Thread