Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 15:18   #226
Senior - BHPian
 
rkbharat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Posts: 1,590
Thanked: 606 Times
Default

don't know how I missed this trip, but better late than never , Deky bhai, amazing is short term to appreciate.

I am sure you mom must have recovered by now
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 19:25   #227
BHPian
 
btirthankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Some Moving Vehicle
Posts: 816
Thanked: 115 Times
Default

This has been a wonderful exhibition of your mega-trip.

I must compliment your efforts in taking the initiative of sharing with us.
btirthankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 10:55   #228
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,438
Thanked: 698 Times
Default

Though I spent more than 2 hours going through this travelogue, i strongly feel worth spending my time. Superb snaps and write-up. Really enjoyed being with you guys through this travelogue
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 18:46   #229
Senior - BHPian
 
deky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 1,029 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
Excellent write-up and pictures deky. Looks like you had a blast there in Tibet. And good to know that your mum is fully recovered from that accident.

Your travelogue inspires me to try out similar myself, like many others have mentioned before. Maybe some day in the future.
You should, its worth all the effort. And yes Mom is fully recovered. Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
Hi Deky

This is one of the best travelogues i have ever read till date . The most intersting aspect of this travelogue i admire the most is

1. The Actual journey - Very good write up
2. Excellent Photography
3. Step by step coverage of the actual trip .
4. Pictures of the Manas sarovar along with Mount Kailesh .
5. Every one does travelling a lot , but there are very few people who want to document on how they traveled and share there experiences .


I hope u make a trip to Manas sarovar again and complete this travelogue where u left ( The uncompleted Parikrama )
Thank you for all the kind words. I wanted to make this travelogue a one stop guide for all those who would want to do this yatra. Yes, I will definately go again, not just for the parikrama but to enjoy the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
A heart-felt note of Thanks, for the simple yet absorbing narration of such an important milestone of your life.

Hari-Om, to your mother for her absolute resolve and wishing her well.

This journey is a pending saga in my sub-conscious mind and am hoping to take the leap - as destined.

Regards,

A 'Namaste' smilie would have been apt here.!!!
I am sure if you have the will, you will find the way too!!! Hari-Om

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post



i dont have much words to appreciate the work you have put in for this mammoth task. First, actually going through it is a big thing and then sharing almost each and every detail with us.. no words, friend.
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
don't know how I missed this trip, but better late than never , Deky bhai, amazing is short term to appreciate.

I am sure you mom must have recovered by now
Yup, better late than never, atleast you got this thread alive and a few more have read it! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
This has been a wonderful exhibition of your mega-trip.

I must compliment your efforts in taking the initiative of sharing with us.
Thank you, I love reading your Drivoblogs too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Though I spent more than 2 hours going through this travelogue, i strongly feel worth spending my time. Superb snaps and write-up. Really enjoyed being with you guys through this travelogue
Thank you for taking out time!!
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2010, 13:30   #230
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 443
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Traversing The Tibet Plateau To Mount Kailash

All this while I was thinking that our Yeti was the best travelogue writer around. But reading your thread in a single go has changed that opinion. I guess each of you have a style of their own so comparison should not be made. This is one of the most amazing travelogue that I've read and I am sure that I'll re-read it someday again. The actual adventure, fact that you were traveling with your mom, the exceptional photographs and your concise narration actually makes this travelogue a must-read. Even though the overall quality of photographs was quite good, there were some which when you look at them for the first time makes you go WOW.

And then there were the ones with the smiling face of your mom. She's definitely a hero and a role model.
kalpeshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 13:42   #231
Senior - BHPian
 
deky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 1,029 Times
Default Re: Traversing The Tibet Plateau To Mount Kailash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
All this while I was thinking that our Yeti was the best travelogue writer around. But reading your thread in a single go has changed that opinion. I guess each of you have a style of their own so comparison should not be made. This is one of the most amazing travelogue that I've read and I am sure that I'll re-read it someday again. The actual adventure, fact that you were traveling with your mom, the exceptional photographs and your concise narration actually makes this travelogue a must-read. Even though the overall quality of photographs was quite good, there were some which when you look at them for the first time makes you go WOW.

And then there were the ones with the smiling face of your mom. She's definitely a hero and a role model.
Thank you for the kind words Kalpesh and am sorry that I did not reply to this thread earlier as I was not expecting this to come alive suddenly.

Yess, my Mom is definitely a Hero and I undertook this Yatra on her request only. And I am so glad that I accompanied her. It was indeed an amazing and a unique experience that we both thoroughly enjoyed.

I still have unfinished business right there on the foots of Mt Kailash so hopefully I will be heading there soon

Regards!!
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 19:26   #232
Senior - BHPian
 
deky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 1,029 Times
Default Re: Traversing The Tibet Plateau To Mount Kailash

I have been getting a lot of PM's regarding forum members wanting to take this journey to Mt. Kailash. I am happy if this thread helps folks in organising this trip.

Also Let me add that one thing that is very essential to take on this journey is a car inverter. As you all know that high altitude is harsh on camera/ cell batteries and after Kathmandu there are zero places to charge your batteries as places are pretty primitive.

A car inverter can be plugged in the Toyota LC's 12v socket and you can charge your camera while on the move.

This is a sample of the car inverter. I know there are cheaper ones also available so please shop around
deky is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 13:07   #233
BHPian
 
San Phrangmung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 578
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Traversing The Tibet Plateau To Mount Kailash

Many in the family have been to Vaishno devi and Jagannath, but both places seem too crowded and commercialised.
This trip however seems really what such journeys are meant to be, get one to one with the 'One'.
San Phrangmung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:16   #234
BHPian
 
m3_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 263
Thanked: 180 Times
Default Re: Traversing The Tibet Plateau To Mount Kailash

Dear Deky,

Thank you so much for the travelogue. I will be undertaking this tour along with my friend in August. The details provided are very intricate & we will follow all your key advises in preparing for the journey. I felt that the price of pony & the porters to Parikrama were on a higher side - 11K approx. I was told that it would be somewhere around 5K.

Thank you so much again !!

Last & not the least - Team BHP has again helped me with key information besides automotive. Thank you for creating such a wonderful blog....you guys rock !!

PS: Please let me know if any one of you would be travelling around the same time. My travel agent is - India Tourism.
m3_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:13   #235
BHPian
 
gopikb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 419
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: Traversing The Tibet Plateau To Mount Kailash

m3_07, you are absolutely right. deky's travelogue does inspire a lot of people. I am traveling to Kailash manasarovar next week. I have printed out deky's travelogue and carrying it with me for the trip. it helps us to understand where we are and what we are to expect next.

My travel agent is Indian Holiday.com.
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 17:23   #236
BHPian
 
m3_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 263
Thanked: 180 Times
Default Re: Traversing The Tibet Plateau To Mount Kailash

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
I am traveling to Kailash manasarovar next week.
All the very best GopiKB...I pray that you complete 3 days of Parikrama successfully. If you happen to travel on 10th, may be, you should be there for the full moon. Keep us posted on your experiences & more advises, if our friend Deky has missed anything.
m3_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 17:50   #237
BHPian
 
gopikb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 419
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: Traversing The Tibet Plateau To Mount Kailash

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
All the very best GopiKB...I pray that you complete 3 days of Parikrama successfully. If you happen to travel on 10th, may be, you should be there for the full moon. Keep us posted on your experiences & more advises, if our friend Deky has missed anything.
m3_07, Thank you and Yes, we are planning for the full moon departure. Hopefully I will be able to complete the parikrama. It all depends on what someone above has destined for us. Knowing deky personally, I can assure you nobody else could have explained even minute issues like what he has done.

But situations there change. I will post you on anything important after I get back. By the way, deky is also going to Kailash for his second trip and this time with the Indian Government route through Uttarkand. He is going in August. You can PM him for any specific details that you are looking for.
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 21:13   #238
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Traversing The Tibet Plateau To Mount Kailash

Guys ,

Those who are planning to take mount kailash yatra in the near future,please don't forget to post your travelogues and share your experiences. This thread is best of my favourites. Eagerly Looking forward to read all your experiences.
muthyala.raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 16:35   #239
BHPian
 
ukderebail's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 153
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Traversing The Tibet Plateau To Mount Kailash

Deky this is one of the finest travelogue i have read on visit to Mount Kailash, followed by excellent pictures and tips for the travellers. I am sure it will help a lot of prospective tourist and piligrims.
ukderebail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 13:21   #240
Senior - BHPian
 
deky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 1,029 Times
Default Re: Traversing The Tibet Plateau To Mount Kailash

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Dear Deky,

Thank you so much for the travelogue. I will be undertaking this tour along with my friend in August. The details provided are very intricate & we will follow all your key advises in preparing for the journey. I felt that the price of pony & the porters to Parikrama were on a higher side - 11K approx. I was told that it would be somewhere around 5K.

Thank you so much again !!

PS: Please let me know if any one of you would be travelling around the same time. My travel agent is - India Tourism.
You are right, the official rate for both is around 5k for the full Parikrama, even the official Kailash mansarovar yatra guide book from the MEA also states the following

Quote:
The standard charges are : horse/pony RMB 150 per day, yak RMB 100 per day, porter RMB 120 per day or pony/yak handler RMB 100 per day. Rates are indictive and subjected to change. The present rate being 1 RMB= Rs. 6.9/- .
For parikrama, the charges are calculated as three day ride charges
But the thing is that its all based on demand and supply. We were there during the most auspicious day of Guru Purnima hence the charges were on the higher side. So kindly account that when you budgeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
m3_07, you are absolutely right. deky's travelogue does inspire a lot of people. I am traveling to Kailash manasarovar next week. I have printed out deky's travelogue and carrying it with me for the trip. it helps us to understand where we are and what we are to expect next.

My travel agent is Indian Holiday.com.
Good luck Gopi, hope you have a successful yatra. I am glad you are inspired after reading this travelogue. Apart from everything else just make sure you carry all types of medicines you require as once in tibet you wont get any medicines with English and it will be very difficult to communicate with the pharmacist.

Also if you plan to carry Holy Mansarovar water back home, make sure you carry a few tubes of the 5rs. fevi quick. Can be purchased in Nepal also. The containers (plastic jerrycans) can be purchased all along the route

Regards and good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
All the very best GopiKB...I pray that you complete 3 days of Parikrama successfully. If you happen to travel on 10th, may be, you should be there for the full moon. Keep us posted on your experiences & more advises, if our friend Deky has missed anything.
Apart from the full moon, I would pray for good weather for him. It can really lift or dampen your spirits while doing the parikrama. Also clear days give beautiful view of The Majestic Mt. Kailash

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
m3_07, Thank you and Yes, we are planning for the full moon departure. Hopefully I will be able to complete the parikrama. It all depends on what someone above has destined for us. Knowing deky personally, I can assure you nobody else could have explained even minute issues like what he has done.

But situations there change. I will post you on anything important after I get back. By the way, deky is also going to Kailash for his second trip and this time with the Indian Government route through Uttarkand. He is going in August. You can PM him for any specific details that you are looking for.
Gopi you will do just fine, just make sure to acclimatise yourself properly by the time you reach Mansarovar. Utilise the rest time you get at various stops wisely. With wisely I mean, do not over exert yourself anywhere but yet make sure to go on slow daily walks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muthyala.raja View Post
Guys ,

Those who are planning to take mount kailash yatra in the near future,please don't forget to post your travelogues and share your experiences. This thread is best of my favourites. Eagerly Looking forward to read all your experiences.
+1 to the above, awiating a few travelogues on KMY this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukderebail View Post
Deky this is one of the finest travelogue i have read on visit to Mount Kailash, followed by excellent pictures and tips for the travellers. I am sure it will help a lot of prospective tourist and piligrims.
Thank you!!
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When I Went Walking To Tibet - Kailash Mansarovar Yatra-2011 deky Travelogues 190 8th June 2017 12:19
Kaas (Maharashtra) -The Plateau of flowers genesis Travelogues 91 12th September 2014 14:01
This car (also) climbed Mount Washington & Mount Mansfield, VT amitoj Travelogues 30 12th October 2013 01:35
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra via Kathmandu/Tibet- Itenary Now Posted deky Route / Travel Queries 57 28th February 2011 18:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:23.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks