Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 17:00   #31
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

ah some splendid pictures and a tough time you had riding those few passes and kms making till Leh.Bring on more to go through your trip.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 17:24   #32
BHPian
 
RP_812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 128
Thanked: Once
Default

Hey man , Great going , this is what makes us couch , computer potatoes want to get off our lazy behinds and do something.
Some signs in India are real Hilarious.
Safety on Roads is like SAFE TEA AT HOME ?!!!!!

I would really like to know what this is supposed to mean .
RP_812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 17:40   #33
BHPian
 
akas_chauhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 595
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
Hey man , Great going , this is what makes us couch , computer potatoes want to get off our lazy behinds and do something.
Some signs in India are real Hilarious.
Safety on Roads is like SAFE TEA AT HOME ?!!!!!
I would really like to know what this is supposed to mean .
Thank you. Yeah, signs over there are hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
ah some splendid pictures and a tough time you had riding those few passes and kms making till Leh.Bring on more to go through your trip.
Glad you liked it.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 17:43   #34
BHPian
 
akas_chauhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 595
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Some more pictures near Moore plains, Gata Loops and Tangla.
Attached Images
          

Last edited by akas_chauhan : 1st September 2009 at 17:55.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 01:02   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Karnal
Posts: 264
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Dear Akash,

Those pics you have posted are simply amazing. I was just curious about Jitender Paaji. Is there any standard way of reaching him? I mean something like a mobile number or an email id he checks regularly or did you know his location and went straight to that place. Having personally used the Thunderbird for a while, I can say that you must have had a comfortable time. It is a real comfort carrier, I must say. While climbing, I must say that you have to be careful. Never let it stall on an up slope even if you have to over-use the clutch. This is from my personal experience and maybe you have never faced any such issue. But I still remember vividly one time while coming from Ghatkopar to Powai using the hill and due to heavy traffic, my bike had stalled on the climb. Man, I had a hard time for a couple of minutes. Wishing you a great trip

Regards
Akadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:34   #36
BHPian
 
sami316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 469
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Hey Akas, Very nice travelogue. I am already planning a leh trip most probably next year after looking at the breathtaking pics. Keep 'em coming.
sami316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 00:33   #37
BHPian
 
akas_chauhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 595
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hey Akas, Very nice travelogue. I am already planning a leh trip most probably next year after looking at the breathtaking pics. Keep 'em coming.
Thanks and nice to know u liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akadian View Post
Dear Akash,

Those pics you have posted are simply amazing. I was just curious about Jitender Paaji. Is there any standard way of reaching him? I mean something like a mobile number or an email id he checks regularly or did you know his location and went straight to that place. Having personally used the Thunderbird for a while, I can say that you must have had a comfortable time. It is a real comfort carrier, I must say. While climbing, I must say that you have to be careful. Never let it stall on an up slope even if you have to over-use the clutch. This is from my personal experience and maybe you have never faced any such issue. But I still remember vividly one time while coming from Ghatkopar to Powai using the hill and due to heavy traffic, my bike had stalled on the climb. Man, I had a hard time for a couple of minutes. Wishing you a great trip

Regards
Thank you.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 00:41   #38
BHPian
 
akas_chauhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 595
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Date 15th July 2009
Start Ride time: 11:00AM
End time: 10:00PM
From: UPSI
To: LEH
Issue: Weak rather no rear shock absorber and low energy level due to stomach upset
************************************************** ****************************

Felt little low today. Did not sleep properly due to stomach upset and skipping of lunch and dinner. Luggages and everything were kind of muddy. Saddled up luggages and started from UPSI at around 11AM and Leh only 49KM away. Roads are quite good. Rode in 60-70 speed and after some time in Leh.

Searched for a GH and got one AlimJan GH. It's quite decent.500 BUcks per day.
Kept all my belonging in Hotel, Called up home. BTW i was thinking My vodafone connection will not work here. However it worked because of aircel network.

Asked GH guys to bring some fruits and curd. Roamed around for some time and mostly slept till 5PM. Manu called at 5PM and said he reached Leh now. Gave him GH address, he was in GH after some time.

Chatted with him, went to Leh market and roamed there in evening. Came back to GH , had light food and slept keeping in mind next day will be a rest day for us.
Attached Images
                          
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 11:37   #39
BHPian
 
akas_chauhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 595
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Got up around 9Am and had some light breakfast. Left to Zuman Mechanic Shop in Air port Road to fix the rear Shock absorber issue. Zuman said to come after 2PM. So we went to DC office for Permit. Got the permit at around 3PM. Went to Mechanic, this guy still did not even touch our bike till now. Asked him and he said Shock abseorber needs to be replaced and there were only once gas shocker available and bike needed 2. So Zuma put some old shocker for 500 bucks, however that was not good enough.Any way moved and went to Leh market, did some shopping and went to GH at 9PM.

Next day statred for Khardungla at 11 AM. Did not have any other plan as i was skeptical about the replacement shocker. Reached Khardungla at around 1PM, returned back to Leh by 3PM.
Attached Images
                              
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 16:39   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 88
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Excellent photographs !! Doing it on Bike must be very different feeling as compared to doing it on car.

I truly wish that I can also plan to visit Leh even if it is on 4 wheeler
Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5000kms and 12 Passes, a 20 day wild wild ride to the roof of the world! tsk1979 Travelogues 556 19th August 2015 10:42
A leisure ride with a beast into the wild ! Ride_4_Fortune Travelogues 6 5th August 2013 11:34
Hand reared Leopard's released into wild kill people, Karnataka MM440 Shifting gears 3 4th August 2011 12:27
Into The Wild! Wolfheart Route / Travel Queries 0 15th October 2009 16:51
A Wild Wild ride to the Mighty Chansal Ghati tsk1979 Travelogues 44 26th January 2009 18:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks