Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 14th August 2009, 22:35   #1
BHPian

Default Ride to Raigad

Ride to Raigad Fort (From Warandha , back via Mulshi)

Total Distance covered – 350 kms , 0700 to 1930.

Riders –

Niks – Mach V
VJ – p220
Shriram – p200
Sandeep – RTR 160

And accompanied by Nipun in his Alto.

Extensive touring in the last 2-3 years has resulted in very less choice of destinations for us now. But Warandha ghats are where we wanted to ride in monsoons for a very long time (Since the Aug 07 Goa ride). The last time we visited Warandha was Jan this year when it was dry and hot. Despite being picturesque ghats , we clicked only one pic in the entire ride. With the new Mach V itching to complete its run-in , what else would be a better way to do it than a mix of straight highways and twisties.

The beauty of the ghats lie in the numerous waterfalls you can find after every kilometer or so. The ghats themselves need to be taken on with precision as mostly it’s a one lane road and gravel lying on the racing line almost everywhere. Couple that with very wet roads ,heavy rains throughout the entire stretch and you know you are going to have a tough time in the twisties.

We left around 7 am from Chandni chowk , filled up at one of the BP pumps and went on till Shirwal. After around 50 kms on the 4 lane , we took a right towards Bhor/Mahad. The roads from here are a little narrow (read single lane) , pot holed and with good amount of gravel. We stopped once to click some pics and then at the first good waterfall we saw. After about spending half and hour here we pushed off only to meet heavy rainfall. Later on we stopped at another picturesque location when the rain stopped for a while. Till this point we had counted more than 10 waterfalls but none of them as big as the first one. After having some chit chat and discussion about the ghats we again pushed off towards warandha.

The Mach V was great on the ghats. With ample torque , the twisties were a breeze keeping the bull at 60-70 . The only difference I felt was that I had to consciously lean into corners unlike the 220. The ghats offer great run in for the bike since I had to keep on changing gears to be in the torque band and keeping throttle only till its 1/4th position.

Here are a few pics.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Pictures deleted. Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Ride to Raigad-gpsraigad.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th August 2009 at 11:48.
niks_devil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 22:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ninja didnt come -ehhh

Nice ride and pictures
hope you are enjoying 4.1 KGM of torque
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 11:06   #3
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a Mach V ?? And you need to post all pics on tbhp itself, the mods will be all over this. Apart from that, beautiful pics...they will actually look better posted here itself.
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 18:07   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Ninja didnt come -ehhh

Nice ride and pictures
hope you are enjoying 4.1 KGM of torque
yeah , enjoying every bit of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a Mach V ?? And you need to post all pics on tbhp itself, the mods will be all over this. Apart from that, beautiful pics...they will actually look better posted here itself.
Mach V is what I call my Machismo 500

Thanks , my first thread here I guess (with pics), will have to work on the pics part at home now
niks_devil666 is offline   Reply With Quote