Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 12:11   #46
BHPian
 
ssjr0498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blr-Ccu
Posts: 642
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

WOW!! In that case, lets Vbox it!! (of course its a request and if the owner is willing too).
I would personally want to know how the RD ecu'd getz in p2 mode fares against stg1 modded vtec.( Considering that I was almost going to book the getz crdi before I got my vtec.. If its good enough, I might want to pick up one now!!).

I am simply amazed, I just love this pocket rocket.. full bang for your buck!!

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Thanks shrey.



By the way shyam getz d was in stock condition except green filter when we went for nandi hills night drive. Rd ecu was fit in just 2-3days back.



There is detailed review coming from shayam regarding the RD ecu performance & mileage. Heard mindblowing figures in eco mode and i am not allowed to spill the beans.



No, it was a general runin meet.

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 1st September 2009 at 12:13.
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 18:06   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
DJ, have you shifted from Bangalore? Its been a while since you have been to the drives.
Nope. I was very busy with work earlier. Now i am free and will join the next drive.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 19:35   #48
BHPian
 
fast_elegance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mangalore/Bangalore
Posts: 328
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Excellent pictures there . Hating myself for opting against Getz and going for Santro .
fast_elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 20:07   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
ph03n!x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 1,705
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
And no, I doubt there is a K&N available for the Getz.
I actually am thinking of a K&N for my rocket- and I was told by a dealer here that it is available?!! Let me check later this weekend, will post an update on my ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Actually, we have 3 torque monsters in the group . And I am told atleast two more are going to join us soon. The Getz D scene is really hotting up in Bangalore.
Count me in- I may not be a regular, but I would love to be a part of all rocket meets- PM me please?

Hint: I have nothing to do on 12/13 this month. And I will be in Bangalore during 19~21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
I would personally want to know how the RD ecu'd getz in p2 mode fares against stg1 modded vtec
IMHO, the OHC wins hands down in handling- the Getz is not a comparo...

Talk about sheer torque, then we have a different story there..!
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 23:28   #50
BHPian
 
krish3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin/Bangalore
Posts: 608
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Wonderful pics. Rahul- Your fav pic seems to be my fav as well. Hats off to you. You got a good eye for photography

Count me in as well for the next Rocket Meet. I'll be back in Bangalore on Sep 7th after a lazy Onam week and a completed run-in and 1st service.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:25   #51
BHPian
 
ssjr0498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blr-Ccu
Posts: 642
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Hi,

handling yes! it is obvious that the ohc will handle much better than the crdi rocket!! My question was in context to sheer power. I have seen the famed elantra run and its pretty good for a diesel, but it still didnt have that "throw you back in the seat" kind of pull right from the word go or even when the boost kicked in. I was able to pull ahead of it easily with my vtec. ( above 190-200kmph it would have been a totally different story though )

I am hoping since the getz is lighter than the elantra plus it has the RD ecu it should be just awesome!! I am somewhat biased towards the getz crdi.. so I wanted to see it run in flesh before picking it up.

Need a diesel car!! Everyday I need to travel approximately 60kms!!

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

IMHO, the OHC wins hands down in handling- the Getz is not a comparo...

Talk about sheer torque, then we have a different story there..!
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:40   #52
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Shrey, the thing with the elantra is that you don't feel the speeds at all, even if you were to upgrade the turbo and put in a bigger one (thats the reason Rajeev sold his elantra as he wanted something that could keep him on the edge like his josh machine would ).

And I can't understand what kind of a guy would compare a thoroughbred high revving petrol engine that revs to 7,200 rpm to a diesel that revs to 4,000 rpm. Obviously, the Vtec will be quicker to 100kmph (no brainer), but once you get into 5th is when the Elantra, Getz, Magnum will come into their own. Diesels are known for their top end & in gear acceleration where Rajeev's Peted Elantra was seen keeping up with an RS too.

While we are at selecting a car for you, why don't you start a new thread in the "what car section" and keep this thread to discuss about the travelogue?
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:54   #53
BHPian
 
raj.barcode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 678
Thanked: 61 Times
Default

I guess Getz is being touted as the next big thing is little too overrated personally, and for a person like Rajeev it just doesn't suit his image (guess even he knows it after he has bought), it might suit for someone like Mclaren1885 or Shyam (please dont find me wrong here). there lot more than just top end in owing a car. Sorry Rahul it was meant to be offensive
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:25   #54
BHPian
 
anarchist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicago / Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 371
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

K&N Filter is available for Getz CRDi and I have it in my car. I couldnt find the Greens one when I wanted it so settled for K&N
anarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:40   #55
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
I guess Getz is being touted as the next big thing is little too overrated personally, and for a person like Rajeev it just doesn't suit his image (guess even he knows it after he has bought), it might suit for someone like Mclaren1885 or Shyam (please dont find me wrong here). there lot more than just top end in owing a car. Sorry Rahul it was meant to be offensive
None taken Raj. I know we both come from different schools of thought! For someone who doesn't find the Elantra VFM (2nd hand) for the handling, performance it puts out I am not surprised you don't think of the Getz in the same way. Basically both cars are for those who love going fast and how many such cars do we have around in the market these days? Hardly a handful. In the hatchback's what other options do we have? Swift (I regret having to live with it everyday)? Fabia (oh do we need to hear more of those horror stories)? Palio (thanks, but I don't people to label me a fiat fanboy)? Vista (family swears never to buy an indica again) ? I20 (too expensive). None of them are half as fun to drive. So basically we have no choices left. Getz is being touted for the lack of choices from the other manufac's.

As for the "more than just top end in owning a car" part, I would be blunt enough to say, one must pick a car that would make you feel like a 10yr old again, even if that car is a M800. No point in buying a S-class and driving it around for the sake of "status quo" if it doesn't thrill you. I would anyday chose a car that would give me that thrill (be it 0-100, handling, top end etc etc) than buy a car that I might not enjoy. I think, Rajeev is actually quite enjoying his car . You must have seen the spark in his eyes when we were discussing the mods at A2B or during the journey. He is itching to complete his 3k kms and start work on his car. I think its more to do with the fact that it reminds him of his josh machine days.

As for the type of car that suits me, you are way off the mark. I would love to own a car that has a minimum of 300 horses under the hood, RWD. After driving my friends 500bhp Silvia, EVERYTHING else feels SLOW! I like a car that will give me enough confidence to push into a corner as hard as my body can, but is nearly at its edge at the same time. Like I said, I have a completely different notion of how a car should be.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:56   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 789 Times
Default

Dude's first and foremost this is the wrong place to discuss your torque stuff . Please move outta here and get to the technical section and start a thread. I would love to read up the whole lotta insane tech jargon you chaps are discussing .
The tech' section has been dead over the last few months and would be helpful if someone could bring it back to life.

Rahul some excellent photography done man,does the lens retraction part work well ? The 1st image in post 2 is brilliant. One tip, when you capture cars ensure there aint much attention paid to the background, else they could be really distracting. Just my 2 cents .
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:00   #57
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Riju, I shall start a new thread on the OT stuff and ask the mods to shift the posts there.

As for the advice on the photography part, I shall keep that in mind. Actually, you must make some free time and join us for some of these drives. I can also pick up some tips from seeing you in action you know .
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:31   #58
BHPian
 
raj.barcode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 678
Thanked: 61 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
None taken Raj. I know we both come from different schools of thought! For someone who doesn't find the Elantra VFM (2nd hand) for the handling, performance it puts out I am not surprised you don't think of the Getz in the same way. Basically both cars are for those who love going fast and how many such cars do we have around in the market these days? Hardly a handful. In the hatchback's what other options do we have? Swift (I regret having to live with it everyday)? Fabia (oh do we need to hear more of those horror stories)? Palio (thanks, but I don't people to label me a fiat fanboy)? Vista (family swears never to buy an indica again) ? I20 (too expensive). None of them are half as fun to drive. So basically we have no choices left. Getz is being touted for the lack of choices from the other manufac's.

As for the "more than just top end in owning a car" part, I would be blunt enough to say, one must pick a car that would make you feel like a 10yr old again, even if that car is a M800. No point in buying a S-class and driving it around for the sake of "status quo" if it doesn't thrill you. I would anyday chose a car that would give me that thrill (be it 0-100, handling, top end etc etc) than buy a car that I might not enjoy. I think, Rajeev is actually quite enjoying his car . You must have seen the spark in his eyes when we were discussing the mods at A2B or during the journey. He is itching to complete his 3k kms and start work on his car. I think its more to do with the fact that it reminds him of his josh machine days.

As for the type of car that suits me, you are way off the mark. I would love to own a car that has a minimum of 300 horses under the hood, RWD. After driving my friends 500bhp Silvia, EVERYTHING else feels SLOW! I like a car that will give me enough confidence to push into a corner as hard as my body can, but is nearly at its edge at the same time. Like I said, I have a completely different notion of how a car should be.

Hi i never said Elantra is not VFM, I said after i had a problem with Accent CRDI i am scared to own a Hyundai diesel engine, I have lost quite a bit of moolah on an Hyundai branded car, so little scared.

If you end up in a piece of junk like i have while driving like a manic you will mellow down i guess, but you are 23 and you gotta be like that, its nice to see you that way in full josh . and type of car you would love to drive my sincere wishes that you drive one very soon ( Is marriage an answer for that , then you should get married ; sorry OT)
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:27   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
ph03n!x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 1,705
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
I am hoping since the getz is lighter than the elantra plus it has the RD ecu it should be just awesome!! I am somewhat biased towards the getz crdi.. so I wanted to see it run in flesh before picking it up.

Need a diesel car!! Everyday I need to travel approximately 60kms!!
Look no beyond the Getz- read somewhere (in Team BHP) that there is one new piece available for takers. A stock getz can throw you back - esp in 2nd and 3rd gears after 1800 is crossed - I can only imagine what a RD can do to it.

But then OHC VTEC (that too with Stage 2) is a gasoline machine- this is a oil drinker. And there are differences in behavior!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Basically both cars are for those who love going fast and how many such cars do we have around in the market these days? Hardly a handful... ...None of them are half as fun to drive. So basically we have no choices left. Getz is being touted for the lack of choices from the other manufac's.

...one must pick a car that would make you feel like a 10yr old again, even if that car is a M800. No point in buying a S-class and driving it around for the sake of "status quo" if it doesn't thrill you. I would anyday chose a car that would give me that thrill (be it 0-100, handling, top end etc etc) than buy a car that I might not enjoy. I think, Rajeev is actually quite enjoying his car . You must have seen the spark in his eyes when we were discussing the mods at A2B or during the journey. He is itching to complete his 3k kms and start work on his car. I think its more to do with the fact that it reminds him of his josh machine days.
Well said! This post needs to be put as a banner in Getz CRDi forum if ever one were to be! Perfectly puts in perspective what a Getz CRDi's owner is

Last edited by ph03n!x : 2nd September 2009 at 19:29.
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:55   #60
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 778
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
once you get into 5th is when the Elantra, Getz, Magnum will come into their own. Diesels are known for their top end & in gear acceleration
Swift is missing ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Swift (I regret having to live with it everyday)?
I wonder why are you being so "anti-suzuki" ?

Personally I hate the Korean "H" and let it be getz, elantra or whatever.
Sorry its OT, but I just feel all the Getz and i10/20 are so hyped up.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timeout at Yercaud - Bangalore to Yercaud - 2 days Trip bvenkysubbu Travelogues 8 5th June 2013 20:15
Good time to visit Yercaud ? @400Kph Route / Travel Queries 21 1st November 2011 11:01
Getz to Yercaud - January 03, 2009 Count Travelogues 6 8th January 2009 20:19
The Evil Twins -JBL Swifts -No more Requests Sam Kapasi In-Car Entertainment 96 3rd December 2007 19:28
Quicksilver has TWINS!! kb100 Shifting gears 35 29th June 2007 17:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:11.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks