Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 9th April 2010, 23:41   #61
BHPian

doc, the way I put up the image is
1. Press F11 in firefox to make the browser full screen
2. Press 'print screen' (which is equivalent to Copying the image of the entire screen
3. Open Microsoft photoeditor
4. Open a new image
5. Paste it there (Cntl V)
6. Crop it and save it
7. Upload here on T-bhp
Minardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 23:44   #62
BHPian

pravdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 00:16   #63
BHPian

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
doc, the way I put up the image is
1. Press F11 in firefox to make the browser full screen
2. Press 'print screen' (which is equivalent to Copying the image of the entire screen
3. Open Microsoft photoeditor
4. Open a new image
5. Paste it there (Cntl V)
6. Crop it and save it
7. Upload here on T-bhp
will try it as per your instructions

thanks

pg
Old 10th April 2010, 16:11   #64
BHPian

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravdr View Post
will try it as per your instructions

thanks

pg

iam able to manage minardi you have been a great help

i will put up the images shortly can you review and tell whether its fine?

thanks

pg
Old 10th April 2010, 17:48   #65
BHPian

Surely! just remember when u open a new image in MS photoeditor, its default size has to be bigger than this image. And use 'Cntl-A' to crop the image after pasting it on the new blank image.
Old 10th April 2010, 23:04   #66
BHPian

Default taking all the cues

Quote:
Surely! just remember when u open a new image in MS photoeditor, its default size has to be bigger than this image. And use 'Cntl-A' to crop the image after pasting it on the new blank image.
iam trying out a few images will ask you to assess

regards''

pg
Old 10th April 2010, 23:37   #67
BHPian

Default attention minardi

udupi to harihar is this work okay?

Last edited by pravdr : 10th April 2010 at 23:45.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:04   #68
BHPian

Default @minardi

is this ok? any changes required? udupi to harihar nh4 bypass
Attached Images

Old 13th April 2010, 00:08   #69
BHPian

Yes, this looks awesome!!

Pls check the Shimoga-Honnali route. Is not via Holatur better than via Savalanga?
Old 13th April 2010, 00:26   #70
BHPian

Default complete routemap

here is the complete routemap of the trip.it may now be reasonable to see why i followed this route to cover all destinations.

@minardi thanks once again
Attached Images

Old 13th April 2010, 00:30   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, this looks awesome!!

Pls check the Shimoga-Honnali route. Is not via Holatur better than via Savalanga?
yes minardi

i went through holatur only.map is showing savalanga

you are right.

may be i should pay more attention to these maps next time.

thanks once again.

pg
Old 13th April 2010, 23:49   #72
BHPian

thanks doc for the clarification!

i also see that you have gone Hubli-Yellapur-Sirsi. Actually this is not a very popular route to Sirsi. Perhaps the 'normal' route is Hubli-Tadas-Mundgod-Malgi-Sirsi. But I can see the practical point of view of your route

Generally, the Hubli-Udupi/M'lore buses either go via Yellapur or via Sirsi, but not both.
Old 15th April 2010, 23:15   #73
BHPian

Default route through yellapur sirsi siddapur

Quote:
thanks doc for the clarification!

i also see that you have gone Hubli-Yellapur-Sirsi. Actually this is not a very popular route to Sirsi. Perhaps the 'normal' route is Hubli-Tadas-Mundgod-Malgi-Sirsi. But I can see the practical point of view of your route

Generally, the Hubli-Udupi/M'lore buses either go via Yellapur or via Sirsi, but not both.
@minardi

thanks once again for your queries. its making me too think why i took the few particular routes only.

i took the yellapur sirsi route as i had read that mining truck traffic had come to a halt recently on this route.and true we did not encounter a single truck carrying iron ore/dumper on this road it was in beautiful condition and we covered it in quick time see my videos posted above.

also i had read that due to ongoing work the alternative route was closed to traffic!!!! especially the road which passes through hangal.

i wish you can try this route too. it passes through some really thick forests.

also at sirsi there is a beautiful restaurant panchvati inn which is set in a beautiful location where we had coffee before setting out to siddapur.for a family tis place is just correct. you encounter it on your left when entering sirsi.good thalis available.

will post some pics

some pics of panchvati hotel and peaceful environs.

pics of the yellapur sirsi and then sirsi siddapur sections. also have uploaded videos above which will tell you that this road condition was good(free of iron ore trucks)

regards

pg
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-102.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-103.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-101.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-099.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-094.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-109.jpg  

Last edited by pravdr : 15th April 2010 at 23:17.
Old 16th April 2010, 00:01   #74
BHPian

thanks and lovely pics!

i have driven down to udupi several times, and have always taken the Yellapur-Ankola-Kumta route. As per my logs, the distance in that route fm Yellapur to Kumta is 107 kms. I roughly measured the distance on the Yellapur-Sirsi-Kumta route and it comes to approx 115 kms.

So you say the Yellapur-Sirsi road is very good. Then I'll explore it this time. I only have to hope the Sirsi-Kumta section is equally good!

Also, since we bypass Hubli, we take SH1 which starts on the Dharwad bypass around 12kms after the bypass begins, and which connects to NH63 5 kms before Kalghatgi. This 21 km road saves 15 kms on the Hubli-Dharwad bypass on NH4 plus around 34 Kms on Nh63. ie a net savings of (34+15-21=28 kms)
Attached Images

Old 22nd April 2010, 22:59   #75
BHPian

Default sh1

Quote:
thanks and lovely pics!

i have driven down to udupi several times, and have always taken the Yellapur-Ankola-Kumta route. As per my logs, the distance in that route fm Yellapur to Kumta is 107 kms. I roughly measured the distance on the Yellapur-Sirsi-Kumta route and it comes to approx 115 kms.

So you say the Yellapur-Sirsi road is very good. Then I'll explore it this time. I only have to hope the Sirsi-Kumta section is equally good!

Also, since we bypass Hubli, we take SH1 which starts on the Dharwad bypass around 12kms after the bypass begins, and which connects to NH63 5 kms before Kalghatgi. This 21 km road saves 15 kms on the Hubli-Dharwad bypass on NH4 plus around 34 Kms on Nh63. ie a net savings of (34+15-21=28 kms)
dear minardi

if you see my itinerary i had halted at hubli and wanted to see jogfalls so i had taken the route to specifically see jog falls.the route from siddapur to murudeshwar in monsoons is full of fog and mist but sometimes a better road than nh17.

IMO the best route to reach udupi during monsoons is to travel upto harihar then shimoga agumbe and udupi. the nh17 in monsoons is most of the times a disaster.

in season when nh17 is in good condition the yellapur ankola kumta route maybe better. but still the sirsi route has very less traffic, its scenic and now in absence of the mining trucks carrying iron ore to margao.

i have made the point about sh1 next time when i plan to do mumbai sirsi in 12 hours.and halt at sirsi.

for udupi i can also recommend dharwad yellapur sirsi siddapur gersoppa honavar then onwards to udupi in good season only.in monsoons time taken will be more.

have you been to jog falls anytime if you havent you must.the 3/4week of august is the best time to view it when the dam is full.

regards

pg

Last edited by pravdr : 22nd April 2010 at 23:17.