Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 22nd April 2010, 23:55   #76
BHPian

Default some beautiful vistas from murudeshwar

random shots from murudeshwar on the western seaboard. the collage includes sunset sunrise shotsfishing activity and related pics.temple photos and abstracts.wonderful play of colors and moods
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-163.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-179.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-181.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-182.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-187.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-196.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-197.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-203.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-206.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-208.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-212.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-214.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-215.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-198.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-199.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-204.jpg  

Last edited by pravdr : 22nd April 2010 at 23:57.
pravdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 00:13   #77
BHPian

Default murudeshwar the abode of lord shiva by the sea

again awe inspiring shots from murudeshwar.makes you feel like going there right away doesnt it!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-217.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-218.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-219.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-220.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-224.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-229.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-231.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-232.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-239.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-240.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-241.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-243.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-244.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-242.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-248.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-249.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-251.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ktk2009-252.jpg  

Old 24th April 2010, 00:10   #78
BHPian

lovely pictures of Murdeshwar there! incidently I was in Murdeshwar this afternoon, enroute to Manipal.

Left Mumbai yesterday at 7am and reached Sirsi at 7 pm. As suggested by u, stayed at Hotel Panchavati. Thx for the suggestion!! Left Sirsi at 9.30 am this morning, and reached udupi at 2.30 pm with a 90 min break at Murdeshwar.

Will post the details later!
Minardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 22:48   #79
BHPian

Default envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
lovely pictures of Murdeshwar there! incidently I was in Murdeshwar this afternoon, enroute to Manipal.

Left Mumbai yesterday at 7am and reached Sirsi at 7 pm. As suggested by u, stayed at Hotel Panchavati. Thx for the suggestion!! Left Sirsi at 9.30 am this morning, and reached udupi at 2.30 pm with a 90 min break at Murdeshwar.

Will post the details later!
minardi!!!!!!

im really envying that you are travelling on beautiful routes.what vehicle are you driving?

i drive my new honda city 2006. it has done 81000 kms so far but still doing good.currently im using bridgestone potenza g3.

what about you.

how was panchvati hotel how were the rooms and ambience did you like it?
what was your impression of murudeshwar although monsson/winter time would have been the best.

how was nh17?
what route did you finally take to reach nh17 from sirsi?
how was the dharwad yeallapur sirsi section any truck traffic?seems unlikely since you reached udupi quite quickly.

where are you going from udupi/manipal?

looking fwd to your travelogues.

enjoy your vacation

pg
Old 25th April 2010, 00:23   #80
BHPian

hello doc,

Currently it is my wife's 5-month old i10 Sports that had done 1796 kms before we left Mumbai Previously I had done these trips on Esteem (1996, Carburetor), Matiz (2000) and 2004 NHC CVT.

Actually we got quite a bit of rain on day 1 after Hubli!

Panchavati was very pleasant stay though I was not entirely happy with the food It was some deluxe room for Rs.480 which I thought was very reasonable.

I took the Sirsi Kumta route since i had to go to Murdeshwar.

NH17 was good surface-wise, though I avoided a passing a lot of trucks by going yellapur-sirsi-kumta instead of yellapur-ankola-kumta but around 20 km longer

Dharwad to Sirsi section was peaceful, no problems, though i was very sleepy after Kalghatgi

Manipal is my parents place and am staying here for a week. Will be leaving next Saturday morn. for Mumbai most probably via agumbe-Hariha
Minardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2013, 13:07   #81
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai

friends,

I am planning to visit Kollur Mookambika temple and Jog falls in the coming month. Planning to go via kollur- Jog falls- siddapur-sirsi- hubli or dharwad to the destination Mumbai.

How about the road condition on that stretch? Any recent updates?
regards
bbhavan
bbhavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2013, 14:01   #82
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post
friends,

I am planning to visit Kollur Mookambika temple and Jog falls in the coming month. Planning to go via kollur- Jog falls- siddapur-sirsi- hubli or dharwad to the destination Mumbai.

How about the road condition on that stretch? Any recent updates?
regards
bbhavan
dont have info in road from kolur to jogfalls.im not sure whether that road is motorable?cause it passes thro kodachadri hills so please do check out!!!

best is to get down to baindur and climb up to jog falls from honavar.honavar to jogfalls is ususally bad in patches. the road shoulder is cut and has rents 6 inches to a foot deep so when allowing other vehicles to pass is best to slow and stop rather than sliding a shoulder and damaging undercarriage.

jogfalls to sirsi is well maintained and a beautiful experience.

regards

praveen
pravdr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2013, 12:36   #83
BHPian

Doctor,

Just completed a Thane Mookambika trip. Roads condition between Bhatkal and Shiroor and a bit after that is terrible.. A crying shame for what we Indian's call NATIONAL HIGHWAY!

I wonder if we have a way to highlight this to NHAI authorities?

Regards
Shashi
shashi63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 19:46   #84
BHPian

Hi to you all
It is wonderful to know you actually did it.nh17 is the same story every year but i wonder if you got a good stretch before bhatkal because bhatkal stretch us always bad same about the udipi mangalore stretch.
Did you encounter heavy rains?
As has been mentioned on this forum before on plight of coastal nh after monsoons.
how were the internal roads?
Can we expect a travelogue?
Praveen
Old 10th November 2013, 18:31   #85
BHPian

Hello Doc,

Apologies for the delay in responding..

Well ashamed of our National Highways actually.. But it was a great experience for the kid and I think the biggest gift one can present to ones children is the beauty and love of nature and the awareness that one can get of different places, architecture and culture of our wonderful country.

We had wonderful climatic conditiosn throughout our trip no rains and unfortunately as I was driving and the little one is still too small could not do a lot of photography..anyways I think you have covered the entire stretch far better than anyone else and i would only be repeating what you have so excellently brought out in your travelogue...

We left on the 8th of September early morning around 4:30 and checked into the Taj Gateway Huble around 4PM. on the 9th left after breakfast around 9AM and stopped for lunch at Murudeshwar.. Start of Ganapati festival meant huge crowds at the temple... Reached our Designated Stay place at Shiroor around 4 PM. Mostly due to the bad roads or we would have reached much earlier..

Left after 3 days of bliss left on the 12th and reached back on the 13th after a stop over at hubli again.. same hotel..

The car was fantastic and felt great throughout.. Gave an average of 22Kms /ltr which I thought was great and really enjoyed the drive..plan another drive in March during the little one's vacation.. Will ask you for your inputs and advise before we start again..

The next one will be a proper travelogue with snaps et al..

Thanks!

Best Wishes

Shashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravdr View Post
Hi to you all
It is wonderful to know you actually did it.nh17 is the same story every year but i wonder if you got a good stretch before bhatkal because bhatkal stretch us always bad same about the udipi mangalore stretch.
Did you encounter heavy rains?
As has been mentioned on this forum before on plight of coastal nh after monsoons.
how were the internal roads?
Can we expect a travelogue?
Praveen
Old 22nd February 2014, 09:01   #86
BHPian

Sorry Doc for the late additions. Found these snaps of our trip to Mookambika while emptying the camera. Getting ready for our next trip. Forgive the quality of snaps as most of them where taken by the little one.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-petrol-pump-firast-halt.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-enroute2kolhapur.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-terrible-driver.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-ganapatienroute.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-murudeshwar.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-overloaded-truck.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-taj-gateway.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-tajgateway.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-wild-woods.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-nhscenic.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-black-beauty.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-national-highway.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-nh.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-nh17.jpg  

Mumbai Hubli Jogfalls Murudeshwar Kollur Sringeri Udupi Kolhapur Mumbai-more-ganapatis.jpg  

Old 14th April 2014, 19:21   #87
BHPian

Dear friends,

I am driving down to Murudeshwar from Mumbai next weekend and then to Kollur Mookambika, enroute to Cochin.

Planning to stay at Murudeshwar and Kollur.

Expectng your suggestions on the stay options for the above two places.

I will be travelling with two kids and wife.

bbhavan.
Old 14th April 2014, 19:55   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Planning to stay at Murudeshwar and Kollur.
- D1 @ Hubli.
- Hotel at Murdeshwar : RNS Regency.
- I don't think you need to stay at both Murdeshwar and Kollur.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 20:52   #89
BHPian

Thinking of reaching Murudeshwar in the first day itself.
Next day, after spending some time there, move to kollur and then do darshan and stay. Third day morning, leave for cochin.
Planning to go to kudajadri also on the second day.

Hope the above is possible.
Old 14th April 2014, 21:50   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hope the above is possible.
Its about 800km. About 600 to Hubli. If you start by 3AM or so, 3 hours to Pune, another 4 to Kolhapur (at max), 2 hours to Belgaum and 90 minutes to Hubli.
Hubli to Ankola should about 2 hours and Ankola to Murdeshwar is about 85 km, say 90 minutes to 2 hours. Beyond Hubli its about 200km 2-lane roads. Hope you can manage it without getting fatigued.

Last edited by ampere : 14th April 2014 at 21:51.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote