Team-BHP - Delhi to Khatu - 315 KM
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Delhi to Khatu - 315 KM (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/64811-delhi-khatu-315-km.html)

Hi Frendz,

Past weekend i planned a long drive with my family to Khatu Shyam in Rajasthan (Near Jaipur).

About the Lord (in short): Khatu Baba was blessed by Sri Krishna and people thus remember them with the name of Krishna i.e. Shyam.

Luck was with me honestly coz the weather was all my kinds... Black Clouds with cold breeze... and to add to the spirits - Lots of downpour Donno why people fear the rains but i just love it on such long drives...

The distance 315 KM appox. wid my tank full and the best colelction of songs i could carry. The trip was to a religious place so most of the time we had some soothing krishna bhajans :)

We started from Delhi @ 5 AM sharp with all essential stuff loaded and in a joyous mood. I made sure to drive at a nominal speed till i reached the Gurgaon Expressway. Initially my family got scared with the visuals of the road accidents from the previous night and early morning. God bless them... we saw appox 5-6 medium to disastrous accidents among which were a Swift plunge on it's drivers side into the "naalah" across the GGN expressway service lane. Then there was a black Wahgon-R which hit the central verge of the road connecting the service lane to the expressway near Iffco Chowk....etc. etc.

The worst was a Two truck collision head-on at Daruheda. We got delayed by almost an hour there coz both turned eitherways and blacked teh entire road stretch. We used the side lane which was flooded with water to cross the 2-3 km long traffic jam caused by the trucks.

Honestly, the mood and spirits were so high that nothing seemed to budge me to curse my plans for the trip :)

We covered the 6 hr stretch (calc. @ 60kmph) in almost 7 Hrs, which was a good thing overall. The weather was cool all the way but still to avoid water splashes we had our windows rolled up throughout (except when i felt the need to capture a beautiful scenic view).

Long story short... i achieved a mileage of 16 kmpl (with A/C - 4 members) in my Alto Lxi to and fro. The best part was that we had a wonderful 'darshan' of the Lord. The crowd was immense @ the temple but we could get a close-encounter with the lord via VIP links Dats the best and worst about hindu temples...The more the VIP the more closer to God u can be @ their temples

I couldn't sleep the previous night in excitement to be on such a long drive after a long long time. The last time was in March when i visited Chandigarh-Kalka-Shimla with my spouse.

Overall it was an awesome trip except the undeviating traffic jam to and fro. The highway is excellent with good scenic view across the Rajasthan mountains.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Hello bro,

Just one quick question, did you use NH-8 till Jaipur and then NH-11 till Ringgas? Or did you go via Pilani and all? I'm asking because I opened your thread with quite some excitement hoping to find an update on the condition of the Pilani route but I'm still hopeful you will provide some update after reading my query

Cheers

Naah pal... i used the Delhi-Jaipur route via Gurgaon Expressway!!

No idea about the pilani route...sorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akadian (Post 1467099)
Hello bro,

Just one quick question, did you use NH-8 till Jaipur and then NH-11 till Ringgas? Or did you go via Pilani and all? I'm asking because I opened your thread with quite some excitement hoping to find an update on the condition of the Pilani route but I'm still hopeful you will provide some update after reading my query

Cheers