Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 11th September 2009, 21:48   #31
BHPian

Interesting report, esp the feedback from the factory.
Indizen08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 22:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Krishna, very nice and detailed report.

Lucky you got to vist the Fiat factory

Lastly 1.6MJD thats very good news
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 09:09   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday received a call from the Administration team at the factory, taking a feedback on the visit and how well it was organized and stuff. This was really a surprise to me atleast
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 15:44   #34

@Vahan Pujari
Under 1000 sales of the linea, is dismal for a car this good. The only reason this is happening is because of the poor power delivery (power/weight). Until they provide more powerful engines, they wont be able cover all their bases. In fact addition of these engines would extend their customer base, the customer base which was meant for the city, octavia, magnum and probably even the corolllos and civic( with 120 bhp T- JET)
RacingStripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 17:36   #35
xPK
BHPian

Krishna, you made my day! (though you posted it week earlier)
Just can't stop thinking of the words "1.4 T-Jet".

Cheers man!!!!
xPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 22:22   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
It was on the right side. I was not allowed to get into the car.

No Pics. They had informed me earlier that they would not allow photography inside their premises.

Indeed, they are actually planning real big to make this their hub for Asia. They are indeed striving for localization of engine parts like the Crankshaft. Probable supplier being Bharat Forge. However they are on still with talks with the vendors. No engine castings are made here, they are imported from Italy. The engine machining line is very good, every step is planned in such a way that the robots wont pick up the part of the engine which does not meet the required dimensions. That was some view to see them actually making those engines.

Oops! I was thinking I had missed something. This is the one, forgot to ask them about the automatic gearbox/dual logic gearbox

Do not expect those engines in the next six months. This might happen sometime after 1st quarter next year.

And Also Bravo wont be launched any time soon. They have imported 4 cars, one is used by the CEO, 2 are in the factory and no idea about the other. But Bravo is too good a car. Damn i was not allowed to take pics of that car too. Lovely alloys it had.
wow great news! but hey any news on the accessories for punto like body kits , diff alloy wheel styles?

man i wish they launch punto sports with a sports kit for existing owners.!
amulu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 00:31   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingStripes View Post
@Vahan Pujari
Under 1000 sales of the linea, is dismal for a car this good. The only reason this is happening is because of the poor power delivery (power/weight). Until they provide more powerful engines, they wont be able cover all their bases. In fact addition of these engines would extend their customer base, the customer base which was meant for the city, octavia, magnum and probably even the corolllos and civic( with 120 bhp T- JET)
I only hope that the reason you mentioned is right.

At the given prices, Linea is a steal. And still its not able to cross 1000 numbers - reason? IMO, the biggest reason is the Fiat brand legacy in India - the earlier nightmares about parts availabilities, A.S.S. woes etc. The power of 1.4 FIRE & 1.3 MJD is adequate.

Its because of this reason I still feel, it could turn out a mistake for Fiat launching 1.6 MJD if the reason for < 1000 numbers is not power but is the earlier A.S.S. bagage. Why?

The prices will increase by 75 - 80K. The advantage of being the lowest priced car with the maximum equipment/ features will be lost.

Currently its positioned against SX4/ Verna/ City with its 1.3 MJD/ 1.4 FIRE engines basis sheer looks, Features, Ride & Handling, Size etc. Where will 1.6 Linea positioned at? with Civic/ Altis? or with SX4/ Verna/ City? If latter is the case, then where will 1.3 MJD/ 1.4 FIRE will be positioned at? ...thats where the problem lies.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 17:02   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Me: Why was the Vocal White color discontinued as this color gave a royal look to the car?
FG: This paint shade has an adhesive problem (Paint peeling off when an adhesive tape is removed from the car). They are working on sorting this out and reintroduce this color. Actually the stock yard has about 200 cars of this color (info from the FG)
Are you absolutely sure about this? So what happens to existing owners with the Vocal White colour?
Crazy_Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 17:34   #39
BHPian

Did you get to see any Bravos there?
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 17:50   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Did you get to see any Bravos there?
Yea! he mentioned that one was with the CEO.
2 others at the factory and no idea abt the other one!(total 4) (maybe someone bought it!)

Bravo is an awesome car. Maybe Tata-Fiat A.S.S. is not equipped to handle the load of more Fiat cars and hence they are delaying the Bravo!

btw Punto Sports with a 1.4 T-Jet engine is my next car for sure!!

I would call this nothing less than a scoop!
Great travelogue and nice pics!

Last edited by sohail99 : 30th September 2009 at 17:52.
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 16:48   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

@Mods:

Kindly delete this thread on priority.

I have been requested to take this information off the public forum else I would land up in trouble.

Thanks
Krishna
Old 7th October 2009, 17:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

Krishna, hit the 'Report this post' button. That will get the attention of mods quickly.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 17:24   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Krishna, hit the 'Report this post' button. That will get the attention of mods quickly.
I have done that already. But still awaiting action from their end.

Need to get this deleted as quickly as possible
Old 7th October 2009, 18:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

If the request for deletion came from Fiat, they should probably contact Team BHP directly. I am not sure what the policies are with respect to thread deletion. Too bad though. There was some good info in your post.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2010, 15:39   #45
BHPian

sad to think that we expected Punto Sports to feature a TJet whereas they actually showcased it with a MJD only.
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote