Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 17th September 2009, 09:23   #16
BHPian

I have taken the route from colem ,riding beside the track,there were 2 rivulets, If there is any other route for the falls I'd like to ride it again .Please do post the road which needs to be taken.
I too would like to go camping ,do i need permission to camp in the jungles . I have gone camping in the Malnad forests near Haliyal ,this place lies on the way to Dandeli.
Are there any other places in Goa where is can go trail riding in the jungles.
motorpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 13:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Please do post the road which needs to be taken.
Its the same route the motorcycle taxi guys didn't tell you about.

After crossing into Goa, after the fuel bunk, you turn to the left its an almost parallel road to the one you come from.

Keep going down this route and ask for directions to go towards Dudhsagar and ah... don't ask the motorcycle taxi guys. No need to ride towards the railway track.

If not follow the Jeeps - there are quite few going down that side.

Quote:
I too would like to go camping ,do i need permission to camp in the jungles .
Well if you go asking for permissions you won't get any. But yes you can't stay back in the reserve after 6 pm. Try and go towards the Tambdi Surla Temple or places around Devil's Canyon.

Don't enter the river at any of these spots. PLEASE.

Quote:
Are there any other places in Goa where is can go trail riding in the jungles.
Oh there were a huge lot. Even OTR Trails. But the Mining Mafia won't let you venture in too far. Ever since there has been a people's movement to stop illegal mining any outsider entering these area's is not safe from the goons patrolling around here. Blame it on the local political scene and the unfathomable greed of some Goans.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 14:18   #18
BHPian

Thats too bad , Goa is an amazing place to ride in,seems that the mining mafia is making life hell on road and also off it.The camping I did in Malnaad jungles is not like the ones in Goa. In Goa it's so much better.
Have you been to Sathod falls near Yellapur Hubli Karwar road, it too is a good place and secluded.But not half as nice as Dudhsagar.
Old 17th September 2009, 17:31   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
yes it was mentioned to me that jeep taxis are available, but the road for the jeep passes through a river and is not passable at times.

Spitfire sir camping in Goa must be a dream, I just fell in love with the greenery and the jungles there.Its so peaceful.Will be riding to Goa again some times.

Maybe not in monsoon, but in march it was a bit tough but doable! Sorry for the TJ, here are my memories of that fantastic place
Name:  Rabba_Ride_20.jpg
Views: 1536
Size:  109.8 KB
Name:  Rabba_Ride_22.jpg
Views: 1272
Size:  81.2 KBName:  Rabba_Ride_23.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  89.0 KB
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 21:06   #20
BHPian

The road you took must be the other road ,because the trial i took did not have such a wide rivulet.I can see a jeep in the last pic.Post more pics if you have and more on the road you took. The number plate on your Caliber shows a UP number, did u ride all the way?
Old 18th September 2009, 01:12   #21
BHPian

The waterfalls are indeed heavenly.
Indizen08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 09:31   #22
BHPian

Nice pics motorpsycho.. I guess a RE motorcycle would do justice to these terrains.
rabnawaz_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 16:47   #23
BHPian

@Indezen08 yes it truly is ,

@Rabnawaz hmm I seriously don't know ,I have seen riders riding HH Splendor ,Unicorn and also a yamaha FZ 16 also.
Old 19th September 2009, 08:51   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

@Motorpsycho - its the biker not the bike. I had finished studies in Ahmedabad and was on an all India ride (which ended in Goa due to engine + cash troubles)
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2009, 09:09   #25
BHPian

I totally agree with you ,its the biker not the bike. But I prefer to ride higher capacity bikes like Karizma than my Discover for the sole reason ,its easier to cruise and cover longer distance without stressing the engine much