Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 21st September 2009, 22:33   #136
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Sad to read that your trip came to an abrupt end but the bright side is you'd not need to find a decent place to stay the next time you guys head up there, I suppose drifters it will be.

30,000 for transporting a bike from manali to hyderabad! This much money can transport a car from chandigarh to bombay!

How's amit doing by the way?
bharti22shresth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 23:21   #137
BHPian

Hi Ami,
I was following this thread quite eagerly & wanted to goad you on to complete the thread quickly (several times) but thought I would test my patience too & hold back till you have completed it. But you are one serious talent in the travelogues section of team-bhp. Will look out for your travelogues in future. And wishing Amit a speedy recovery.

Ranjith
Nutty Nair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:29   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
Ami

Thanks for the wonderful write up. I am sure you two will pass through the same football field (court ?) sooner than later reliving the memories from this trip.

Looking forward to that travelogue.

Wishes to Amit for a quick recovery
Thank you - thats a really cool thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
Sad to read that your trip came to an abrupt end but the bright side is you'd not need to find a decent place to stay the next time you guys head up there, I suppose drifters it will be.

30,000 for transporting a bike from manali to hyderabad! This much money can transport a car from chandigarh to bombay!

How's amit doing by the way?
He's much better - thank you. Still has trouble with the heavy Safari clutch - but getting there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Nair View Post
Hi Ami,
I was following this thread quite eagerly & wanted to goad you on to complete the thread quickly (several times) but thought I would test my patience too & hold back till you have completed it. But you are one serious talent in the travelogues section of team-bhp. Will look out for your travelogues in future. And wishing Amit a speedy recovery.

Ranjith
Thank you so much Ranjith - for your kind words. Its the first time i made the effort to pen one of our travels down - and because of all of you it has been a rewarding experience.
amip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:48   #139
Senior - BHPian

Ami, I wish Amit a speedy recovery. I'm sad that it had to end this way, but I guess we have to accept the inevitable.

From your pics, it looks like they've spruced up Bhuntar airport at Kulu. I was there a few years ago and at that time only Dornier 228's (16-seaters) could land there. We found the staff helpful then also---they offered free meals at a roadside restaurant because the flight was delayed. They also came scurrying to the restaurant to remind us that the flight had arrived and was waiting for us!

Last edited by vnabhi : 22nd September 2009 at 13:49.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:02   #140
Senior - BHPian

Wow a nice read, a good write up always gets hold of its reader and makes him/her to come back for more of it

Anyhow it was sad that 1 footbal session ruined the trip, it feels bad when a travel/trip has to be abandon in between...
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:43   #141
BANNED

Hey Ami had a nice read and waited till the end of the travelogue to post the comments.

Nice pictures and it would have been a great travelogue if the ending was good.

Anyways there is always a next time where you can complete this region in coming time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amip View Post

He's much better - thank you. Still has trouble with the heavy Safari clutch - but getting there
Amit has already started driving The King - Tata Safari
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:30   #142

A Hi to all who have been a part of this wonderful thread.

First and foremost, I must acknowledge that I might never be able to forgive myself for playing those last 5 mins of football in Manali.

It was almost irresistbale for me to read the thread about our travel and not contribute to it, but honestly, I wonder if I could have done more justice to it than already. So, I decided to watch the proceedings from the sidelines (wish i had done that during that football session). Anyways, life has to move on and so have both of us. Next time, it shall be of better (not bitter) memories and more of driving/riding.

Thank you all for your patience with all the suspense though .

cheers
Amit_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:52   #143
Senior - BHPian

congrats amit and ami, you did have an eventful trip.

What's life if you can't play a little what you like when you want it. The accident was just that, an accident. I like the way you two managed it.

And there's always a next time. Hope to see more of your travels in future.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:40   #144
BHPian

What a trip! Appreicate the way the unfortunate incident was endured by both of you.
keep riding and writing. enjoyed it.
@Amit get well soon mate.

Cheers!
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:49   #145
Joy
BHPian

Oh! How can I miss such a travelogue for so long? It's a kind of a thriller and with an unpredictable ending.

Cheer up Man (a woman who has the guts to even try such a journey where normal mortals chicken out), you two will definitely complete the journey some day and that travelogue will be one the best here. Waiting for that day.

My best wishes for you both. Also, wishing Amit a quick and healthy recovery.

Thanks for sharing such wonderful photographs & narration.

Wish you all Good Luck.
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 23:15   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_D View Post
First and foremost, I must acknowledge that I might never be able to forgive myself for playing those last 5 mins of football in Manali.
Well, what is life without some small risks which turn out to be the disastrous! Men will always be men (I can imagine a grin on AmiP's face now!)
Have you started driving the safari already?

Hope to see the complete travelogue soon with AMS & Fracture taking the back seat!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 23:21   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
congrats amit and ami, you did have an eventful trip.

What's life if you can't play a little what you like when you want it. The accident was just that, an accident. I like the way you two managed it.

And there's always a next time. Hope to see more of your travels in future.
Absolutely. Sometimes things just happen and it's how you manage it and look at it in retrospect. And for such travel freaks like you two, this will remain as an interesting and in many ways, a funny incident to narrate and cherish later, after you guys would have completed many more successful and wonderful trips.

Good to know Amit is recovering fast. One thing that happens commonly to a lot of people who start playing footie after a long long time is that they twist their ankle. The whole body-foot movement coordination takes a while to come back and in sheer exuberance one tends to overdo it and twist it bad. Not sure if this was indeed the case here but it is a common occurrence.
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:08   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Ami, I wish Amit a speedy recovery. I'm sad that it had to end this way, but I guess we have to accept the inevitable.

From your pics, it looks like they've spruced up Bhuntar airport at Kulu. I was there a few years ago and at that time only Dornier 228's (16-seaters) could land there. We found the staff helpful then also---they offered free meals at a roadside restaurant because the flight was delayed. They also came scurrying to the restaurant to remind us that the flight had arrived and was waiting for us!
Yes - it was quite good & surprisingly pretty efficient - guess they have to deal with very few flights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Hey Ami had a nice read and waited till the end of the travelogue to post the comments.

Nice pictures and it would have been a great travelogue if the ending was good.

Anyways there is always a next time where you can complete this region in coming time.
Amit has already started driving The King - Tata Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
Oh! How can I miss such a travelogue for so long? It's a kind of a thriller and with an unpredictable ending.

Cheer up Man (a woman who has the guts to even try such a journey where normal mortals chicken out), you two will definitely complete the journey some day and that travelogue will be one the best here. Waiting for that day.

My best wishes for you both. Also, wishing Amit a quick and healthy recovery.

Thanks for sharing such wonderful photographs & narration.

Wish you all Good Luck.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
What's life if you can't play a little what you like when you want it. The accident was just that, an accident.
Well Said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Well, what is life without some small risks which turn out to be the disastrous! Men will always be men (I can imagine a grin on AmiP's face now!)
Have you started driving the safari already?

Hope to see the complete travelogue soon with AMS & Fracture taking the back seat!
You were right about the grin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Absolutely. Sometimes things just happen and it's how you manage it and look at it in retrospect. And for such travel freaks like you two, this will remain as an interesting and in many ways, a funny incident to narrate and cherish later, after you guys would have completed many more successful and wonderful trips.

Good to know Amit is recovering fast. One thing that happens commonly to a lot of people who start playing footie after a long long time is that they twist their ankle. The whole body-foot movement coordination takes a while to come back and in sheer exuberance one tends to overdo it and twist it bad. Not sure if this was indeed the case here but it is a common occurrence.
Yes - i would tend to agree!
amip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:31   #149
BHPian

Finally, it is over, and i can't help going through it again and again, i must say an excellent narration, kept me spellbound!. nice pictures. The blue bandage looks kind of cute. Wish you all the best and hope that you have many more adventures in the days to come
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:07   #150
Senior - BHPian

Very nice narration & pics - it was a progressively unwanted end to what would have been the mother of all trips. But, there's always a next time & you guys should do it in the Safari the next time around

Oh & the other thing is - you have a great talent for writing, I'm wondering why there aren't any more travelogues from you?????

And Amit, hope you're fully recovered real soon - when that clutch feels like butter, you know you're there
suman is offline   Reply With Quote